SASS Wire Forum

FYI - SQUIB & Malfunction Procedures for review

PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L

INCIDENTS DURING THE COURSE OF FIRE

As each shooter engages a course of fire, CROs should be prepared for any or all of the following incidents to occur and be expeditious in his or her necessary corrective action. CROs must never be tentative with a safety call. If a safety command is given by the CRO, that is later determined to be errant, (e.g., if a squib call is determined to actually be clear), the shooter will automatically receive a reshoot.

SQUIBS

In the event a Chief Range Officer suspects a squib load has been encountered, an immediate command shall be given to the shooter to make that firearm safe and continue on with the next procedure. The CRO will allow the shooter to make the suspect firearm safe preferably on a nearby and appropriate horizontal surface (box, table, straw bale, ground, etc.), or if necessary, assist the shooter by allowing them to "hand off" the firearm. Multiple squibs by a shooter will be cause for the Timer Operator to request the shooter change ammo.

FIREARM MALFUNCTIONS

In the event a shooter declares a malfunction, the shooter will be given the opportunity to make that firearm safe and continue on with the next procedure. The CRO will allow the shooter to make the malfunctioning firearm safe, preferably on a nearby and appropriate horizontal surface (box, table, straw bale, ground, etc.), or if necessary, assist the shooter by allowing them to "hand off" the firearm. Multiple malfunctions by a shooter will be cause for the Timer Operator to request the shooter change firearms.

RO2 p.8

Emphasis added.

Please also note that "handing off" is a LAST RESORT...and NOT a requirement.

Hi PWB,

This looks pretty much the way I remember it. Is this a review, or are you showing us a rewording and asking for feedback?

Simply a review to answer a few questions on the (now closed) "squib" thread for anyone who either hasn't taken the RO Courses or is unaware where this information may be found.

The section on "Firearm Malfunctions" is new material that was recently added as of last month's edits.

No feedback required.

Thanks.

Simply a review to answer a few questions on the (now closed) "squib" thread for anyone who either hasn't taken the RO Courses or is unaware where this information may be found.

The section on "Firearm Malfunctions" is new material that was recently added as of last month's edits.

No feedback required.

Thanks.

come on PWB, we could have gotten to 15 pages of feedback easily! Lots more fun than RTM!

come on PWB, we could have gotten to 15 pages of feedback easily! Lots more fun than RTM!

In this case, I decided to bring the "M" to the Wire, instead of continued futile attempts to get folks to read it themselves.

Next step will be a link to a "YouTube" video with a professional reader (I have a friend in the industry) to read the entire SHB, RO1 & RO2 very slooowwly.

Might have to get multiples of those produced to account for regional dialects.

^_^

In this case, I decided to bring the "M" to the Wire, instead of continued futile attempts to get folks to read it themselves.

Next step will be a link to a "YouTube" video with a professional reader (I have a friend in the industry) to read the entire SHB, RO1 & RO2 very slooowwly.

Might have to get multiples of those produced to account for regional dialects.

^_^

If they're too lazy/ignorant/stupid/stubborn to read the very simplest of manuals, they won't read this or listen to a video. Having shot several different sports, the SASS handbooks are BY FAR the simplest and most clear I have seen....

thank you for your work on them, friend.

Audio Books on tape/digital enhance, that you can download onto your Smart Phone, sink up to your car radio, so you can listen to SASS manuals as you drive to the match. Be sure to have various reading rates (words per minute) so you don't bore some and speed read past others. LOL

For the folks that need visual aide. Ya know, thosse that score keep but still need to see the timer type, then ya need a beautiful woman/handsome man to read the manual as viewer watches. Double LOL

I just read the other thread and I'm wondering what's so difficult to comprehend? If a round hasn't gone down range, the shooter can restart for what ever flipping reason they want to.

Why are you trying to make it so simple, that's just not the "wire way"😂

RO2 p.8

Emphasis added.

Please also note that "handing off" is a LAST RESORT...and NOT a requirement.

thank you for your time and effort that you put into this game of ours

Archived