SASS Wire Forum

Ruger Reintroduces Vaquero 44 Magnum

Seldom Seen #16162

You are so right, the balance, the feel, the sould stirring history..........especially when held by the barrel, they are a very classy way to drive a nail.

I think a Ruger would hold up much better at driving a nail!!! :P They look more like a hammer! Why did Ruger decide to build they're New Model to look more like a Colt? Even Ruger knows Colt is awesome! Just curious Deuce, have you ever owned a Colt or shot one that's tuned perfect?

--Rye

I think a Ruger would hold up much better at driving a nail!!! :P They look more like a hammer! Why did Ruger decide to build they're New Model to look more like a Colt? Even Ruger knows Colt is awesome! Just curious Deuce, have you ever owned a Colt or shot one that's tuned perfect?

--Rye

The most valuable gun in my safe is a 1st Gen Artillery Model. It would not matter how tuned it would be a Colt would NOT hold up for me. Won't say I'll never own a pair but I have little uae for a cowboy gun I can't run like I stole it. When it comes to CAS guns for me money is no object, I always find way to own what I want. Colts are great guns, just not for me.

The most valuable gun in my safe is a 1st Gen Artillery Model. It would not matter how tuned it would be a Colt would NOT hold up for me. Won't say I'll never own a pair but I have little uae for a cowboy gun I can't run like I stole it. When it comes to CAS guns for me money is no object, I always find way to own what I want. Colts are great guns, just not for me.

;) I understand

As some others have noted, I am just happy that i can complete my 44 set by adding an old model marked "New Vaquero" to my new models that just say "Vaquero".

Soon, someone will blow up one of the new ones that are not marked as such; sue Ruger; who will recall all of them; replace the frames with properly marked ones; and replace the barrels with ones containing a paragraph of explanation stamped on to them.

Archived