SASS Wire Forum

Super NRA Life Discount

Once upon a time the cost of a life membership was $750 and the next three upgrades were $750 each. Endowment, Patron, Benefactor. I called the NRA ready to drop another 750 and move up one step. I was told there was a discount in effect where each step as only 200, and I was asked if I would like to take advantage of the offer and spend $200. Since I was already prepared to drop $750, I said I would take all three upgrades for $600 total.

There is a second payment method......... $25.00 per QUARTER!

I should live so long. (I know, it's only 5 years.) I just went ahead and paid it all in one lump. Buy once, cry once.

Got a nice book bag out of it though.

Not that it's a big deal but they also charge a handling fee on your easy pay monthly payment. Mine is $1.06 per month. FYI. My $500 life membership will cost $521.20 when paid off. Something not disclosed when signing up.

Good for you!!! I jumped on a NRA Life Membership a couple years ago for $300.00!! ;)

Hey powers that be at SASS, are you reading this???? How about that??

Good for you!!! I jumped on a NRA Life Membership a couple years ago for $300.00!! ;)

Hey powers that be at SASS, are you reading this???? How about that??

Life memberships for an organization like SASS are a losing proposition.

Congratulations!

I too have taken advantage of last years discounts and am now at the Benefactor level..

I sure wish SASS would take notice and come up with some new ideas around Life and/or other membership levels.

Well... I'm glad the Kid and I got ours a dozen or more years ago... :rolleyes:

At the last EOT in California, I introduced the Kid to the Judge. As the Judge shook the Kid's hand, he looked at the lad's gold badge and said "Well, it sure looks like you're gonna get your money's worth out of US!"

To which the Kid replied:

"Yessir. I reckon so."

:lol:

I disagree Bob, first of all not everyone would do it and second the influx of cash from those who did would be very helpful. I'd say if they lowered it to say..$500.00 that would be manageable for some but not everyone so they would still be getting their yearly dues from most shooters. At $65.00 a year that would come to roughly 8 years of regular dues. Just MHO.

Rye :)

I became a life member while still a child. After a couple years of annual membership, at 16 or 17 I decided I wanted a Lifetime membership just so I wouldn't have to bother sending a check every year (I was paying for it all myself out of my lawn mowing money). At the time they had a Junior Life option for I think $100, and an easy pay life option for full price, but you could spread it out. I called them up and they combined the two into a Junior Easy Pay Life. I think I paid $10 per quarter till it was paid off. Sometimes when I'm thinking about that (like right now) I feel guilty that I'm not sending them enough money. Guess I'll head over to NRA.com and see what kind of fundraisers they got going on.

Archived