SASS Wire Forum

For Sale...House, Safe and Guns in MA

Enough. I've had enough.

There are now 42 bills pending in the MA Legislature regarding guns.

An Act to ban and criminalize the sale of .50BMG rifles

An Act to criminalize the purchase of more than 5 guns in any 4 month period.

An Act to criminalize the purchase of 15 or more guns in any 12 month period.

An Act to impose a 4.5% tax on all purchases of guns, ammo and components,

An Act to set up a commission to study the causes of gun violence, composed of "experts" and civilians "affected by gun violence", with no representatives of licensed owners or gun sellers.

An Act requiring CCL holders to provide the state with a list of concealable weapons owned, and proof of insurance covering those weapons for harm caused, with minimum limits of $250K,

And on, and on, and on.

I'm tired of fighting. I'm tired of the same lies and misstatements and anger.

For a state with some of the most stringent gun laws in the country, and a remarkably low rate of gun crime, they just keep coming and coming and coming.

On second thought, I guess I'll stay. Just to irritate them for as long as I can.

LL

Enough. I've had enough.

There are now 42 bills pending in the MA Legislature regarding guns.

An Act to ban and criminalize the sale of .50BMG rifles

An Act to criminalize the purchase of more than 5 guns in any 4 month period.

An Act to criminalize the purchase of 15 or more guns in any 12 month period.

An Act to impose a 4.5% tax on all purchases of guns, ammo and components,

An Act to set up a commission to study the causes of gun violence, composed of "experts" and civilians "affected by gun violence", with no representatives of licensed owners or gun sellers.

An Act requiring CCL holders to provide the state with a list of concealable weapons owned, and proof of insurance covering those weapons for harm caused, with minimum limits of $250K,

And on, and on, and on.

I'm tired of fighting. I'm tired of the same lies and misstatements and anger.

For a state with some of the most stringent gun laws in the country, and a remarkably low rate of gun crime, they just keep coming and coming and coming.

On second thought, I guess I'll stay. Just to irritate them for as long as I can.

LL

Welcome to California East.

"The Cradle of Liberty" <_<

If the founders could see what has become of their creation... :(

You can't irritate them as muich as they can irritate you. Even if you are a lawyer. ;)

Texas is gun owner friendly, plenty of land and houses for sale. Get away from the m@$$holes.

I'd hang a big sprig if mistletoe from my shirt tail and proudly strut to the state line!! Might even exhibit both middle fingers as I went!!

I was stationed in Massachusetts for the longest two and a half years of my life. The people there are rude, ignorant, and mean. If you get on their good side!

Our Squadron Sgt. Major gave some very sage advice to us in Formation one day in early Fall; "Hunting Season is about to start. If you're out there, be careful. The locals will be too, and they hunt as bad as they drive!"

I now live in Arizona. I can have any gun I want.

I can have as many as I want.

I can have as much ammo as I want.

AND I can CARRY one if I want.

I want!

...On second thought, I guess I'll stay. Just to irritate them for as long as I can.

LL

I'm a standing right beside you...better watch those a standing over there to the left...they look villainous.

I am conflicted. On the one hand It would be great to have you in a gun friendly state like Texas.

Yet on the other hand; if every good guy with a gun leaves states like Massachusetts and California, their anti gun rhetoric will only grow louder due to lack of opposition.

I was stationed in Massachusetts for the longest two and a half years of my life. The people there are rude, ignorant, and mean. If you get on their good side!

Our Squadron Sgt. Major gave some very sage advice to us in Formation one day in early Fall; "Hunting Season is about to start. If you're out there, be careful. The locals will be too, and they hunt as bad as they drive!"

I now live in Arizona. I can have any gun I want.

I can have as many as I want.

I can have as much ammo as I want.

AND I can CARRY one if I want.

I want!

I live in AZ as well!.......Come on down to the "real wild west" my friend! all you ever have to put up with is a little heat LOL atleast it comes from the weather and not the gun laws! Only other state more liberal about guns is Alaska (bears outnumber people two to one!) In a couple of years all the new people and expansion will push/kill off the bears just like we have done across the rest of this country with the buffalo and such. When that happens Arizona will be the last free state left!

Loophole, you'd be welcome in Ohio, not that far away from you, cost of living is reasonable and the gun laws are non existent!! Well, you can own anything you want and the state gov't is overwhelmingly republican. There's also cowboy shoots every weekend, so anywhere you reside in Ohio you've pretty much got a shoot within 2 hours every weekend!

Ohio the Wild Midwest!! :)

If you were to move up here to southern Maine, you could still commute to Mass and enjoy you guns as well. We even just got rid of the need for a CCW permit. Maine, New hampshire, and Vermont. The better part of New England.

What a shame. I'd like to see a law that said that lawmakers proposing gun legislation need a minimum of 100 hours of certified training including training in any of the firearms their laws would affect.

It wouldn't solve all the problem, but at least these guys would gain a new respect for shooting, and have an idea what their laws were actually talking about as well as some of the effect of the laws.

I know it will never happen, but I can still dream.

Got a goodly number of fine homes for sale in this area.

Weather's good, people are friendly, guns are prevalent, gun shops and ranges are everywhere, and we have hunting and shooting clubs galore... and we're only about n hour north of Winter Range.

We've been here a year and a half and aside form missing some good friends I don't miss California one teensy little bit.

If you move here get Arizona license plates on your vehicles ASAP. Keeps folks from throwing rocks and insults at you.

Guest Hoss Carpenter, SASS Life 7843

Loophole, come on down to Central FL were the weather is great, snow shovels are banned and Beaches and gals are terrific. Also very gun and Cowboy friendly! No State Income Tax either!

Cheers, Hoss

The Indian Territory was wilder than the wild west ever thought about. You should take a look at Oklahoma. There's lots of open water, granted it's lakes and rivers. There are lots of opportunities for CAS shooting in the Tulsa area. Plus, Oklahoma is even more gun friendly than Texas.

Archived