SASS Wire Forum

Something useful for visualizing 30 degree holster angle

Buck D. Law, SASS #62183

I came upon this and thought perhaps some others might find it useful. Printed landscape, it's almost 9" long and makes a great visual aid to show the maximum angle of holsters. 30 degree large graphic

Here's a great video done by Long Hunter about using a cross draw.

I came upon this and thought perhaps some others might find it useful. Printed landscape, it's almost 9" long and makes a great visual aid to show the maximum angle of holsters. 30 degree large graphic

Here's a great video done by Long Hunter about using a cross draw.

You might consider changing the orientation of that picture...there seem to be plenty of shooters who already have difficulty understanding that the 30º max holster angle is measured from VERTICAL (portrait view), not HORIZONTAL (landscape view)

You might consider changing the orientation of that picture...there seem to be plenty of shooters who already have difficulty understanding that the 30º max holster angle is measured from VERTICAL (portrait view), not HORIZONTAL (landscape view)

Perhaps I should have included instructions: Print it landscape, then hold it with one arrow pointing straight down the shooter's leg. The other arrow shows the maximum angle allowed. :)

Q: How much is 30 degrees?

A: Not much.

+1

Archived