SASS Wire Forum

worried about the panthers

Trigger Mike

they strike me as a young and inexperienced team that with the blowout win tonight and others they had may make them feel invincible and Manning is an old hand and may surprise them in two weeks. the lose they suffered to the falcons sorta reinforces this thought. two weeks before they clobbered the falcons and then lost to a team that had lost is way two weeks later. when the falcons make the supper bowl they too lost their heads.

GO CATS!!!

The Panthers are a healthy, young team that must get out front early. They have not shown a great comeback record or a tendancy to hold second half leads well. Tonight's game was Carolina defense knocking Palmer out of any confidence or normalcy. This will not work with Manning; he is the strong point for the Broncos, so the Panthers will have to work on receivers and the Bronco line.

Go Cats!

The Panthers are a healthy, young team that must get out front early. They have not shown a great comeback record or a tendancy to hold second half leads well. Tonight's game was Carolina defense knocking Palmer out of any confidence or normalcy. This will not work with Manning; he is the strong point for the Broncos, so the Panthers will have to work on receivers and the Bronco line.

Go Cats!

Yeah, like the super bowl against the Seahawks two years ago...

What worries me about Manning is that I don't remember him throwing a pass over about 20 yards the entire game.

I think my money will be on Carolina.

I've no dog in this fight. Though I did see that 2 Super Bowls ago the Seahawks D did enough to confuse Peyton and disrupt his entire performance all game. I think 6 pts speaks to that fact pretty well.

Two years ago the Broncos went into the game over confident and over relying on Manning's arm. We saw how that one turned out.

This year's Broncos are a complete package. Peyton's weakness has been probably the best thing that could have happened to them. The whole team, especially the defense, has stepped up and they're playing like a team.

Carolina is a great team and has earned their way into the game. It will be a great matchup for sure.

Personally, I want to see the Broncos win and Manning to retire on top.

Peyton Manning. Vol for Life!

Panthers haven't gotten the respevt they deserved all season. I think they're hungry, led by a great qb, and dangerous.

But the Denver defense may be dangerouser. ;)

One of the things that everyone is discounting is the fact that Carolina has one of the best defenses in the NFL!! Denver does have a great defense, but I don't think they have enough to completely shut down Cam Newton.

If Davis is healthy for the game, I think the Carolina defense will be as hard on the Broncos as Seattle was a couple of years ago.

This is (was?) ACC basketball country .... or more specifically NCSU, UNC and to an extent Duke territory. For the past couple of months, it seems that you cannot leave the house without seeing a car flying a Panther flag. I go to the Y and blue/black is the predominant color scheme in workout wear. Cam's car accident last year was perhaps the defining moment in his career. "Grow up son, you aren't guaranteed tomorrow." And don't downplay the impact of Ron Rivera.

See you down the trail......

One of the things that everyone is discounting is the fact that Carolina has one of the best defenses in the NFL!! Denver does have a great defense, but I don't think they have enough to completely shut down Cam Newton.

If Davis is healthy for the game, I think the Carolina defense will be as hard on the Broncos as Seattle was a couple of years ago.

Carolina has one of the best.

Denver has The Best.

Completly shut him down? Nah. But they didn't completely shut down Brady.

They didn't have to.

Even though I'm a Patriots fan I have to cheer for Peyton and the Broncos on this one. I just don't like Cam Newton. Peyton Manning has self confidence, but he also has humility and class. Cam Newton, from what I've read and seen is egotistical, brash, and as one of his commercials points out, thinks it's all about him. JMHO!

Carolina is actually the #2 defense in the NFL and leads in interceptions and plus turnovers!! They also stop the run extremely well.

Don't mistake Newton's exuberance for ego or brashness. What other NFL quarterback, or any player for that matter, spends as much energy encouraging and recognizing his team mates? No other player that I'm aware of runs out to congratulate his defensive players coming off the field the way he does!! And he plays with a childlike joy that's infectious!!

I hope they're dancing after the game in a couple of weeks!! I hope Cam hands out five or six footballs to the kids in the stands!!!

Carolina is actually the #2 defense in the NFL and leads in interceptions and plus turnovers!! They also stop the run extremely well.

Don't mistake Newton's exuberance for ego or brashness. What other NFL quarterback, or any player for that matter, spends as much energy encouraging and recognizing his team mates? No other player that I'm aware of runs out to congratulate his defensive players coming off the field the way he does!! And he plays with a childlike joy that's infectious!!

I hope they're dancing after the game in a couple of weeks!! I hope Cam hands out five or six footballs to the kids in the stands!!!

I made that mistake before, but now I am seeing what you are seeing. And apparently he works harder than anyone on his team, first in the locker room, last out, and I have read that he is all about his community as well. Sometimes people mistake exuberance for showboating, but I think it's real with Cam. He loves what he does as much as anyone. I have a feeling he will be the new face of the NFL after Manning and Brady leave.

I don't like carolina since they beat the falcons, but also noticed they struggle if they get behind. The fact that the Broncos still won with their back up quarterback tells me they are a good team across the board. it should be a fun game to watch. id like to see Peyton win and retires before he get hurt worse next year and not do like others have done and play past the time to gracefully leave

I made that mistake before, but now I am seeing what you are seeing. And apparently he works harder than anyone on his team, first in the locker room, last out, and I have read that he is all about his community as well. Sometimes people mistake exuberance for showboating, but I think it's real with Cam. He loves what he does as much as anyone. I have a feeling he will be the new face of the NFL after Manning and Brady leave.

I agree. He's still young but I think he is maturing fast. I don't have a problem with him like I do some other players in the NFL.

He gives footballs to kids in the stands!! He's the biggest cheerleader on the team!! He wants the ball when the chips are down! He points to himself when things go wrong...........

Archived