SASS Wire Forum

Almost Done! New 1887 Steampunk Project - UPDATE Post #86

Yeah, I'm one of THOSE cowboys who also enjoys "The Wild, Wild, West", and the whole "Steampunk" scene.

I've got a new plan for my IAC 1887.

It will start with the gun being disassembled and different parts Cerakoted.

Next will come a custom butt stock by Yank MaChain which will have this carving on one side, and some "steampunk stuff" on the other that is a secret.

Once it is back together I have some special touches to add, and I'm working on a customized stand for it.

Stay tuned.

call_of_cthulhu_tattoo_by_woeg.png

Finished%20butt%20left.jpg

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yank's butt covers are top notch, I have one and so does the Iron Cowboy.

So, will you tell us the colors you've selected for the cerakote?

Butt covers for you and Iron Cowboy? Well, YOU must be rich!

To answer your question, I have selected several colors including USMC Red, Desert Gold, Titanium, Gunmetal, and Burnt Bronze.

Patience, Jack.

It is being dropped off for Cerakoting this afternoon. Parts have been ordered for the butt cover.

I am making a custom stand for it out of Walnut. So I believe it would be appropriate to show both the shotgun and the stand in the "Before" condition.

Steampunk 1887 Before, Left Closed
Before%20Left%20Closed.jpg
Steampunk 1887 Before, Left Open
Before%20Left%20Open.jpg
Steampunk 1887 Before, Right, Closed
Before%20Right%20Closed.jpg
Steampunk 1887 Before, Right, Closeup Open
Before%20Right%20Open.jpg

Some new updates...

First for the Butt Stock. I found a place online that sells brass gauges with an acrylic lens. They give you 6 different faces. You cut out the one you want and glue it inside the gauge. It is then ready for use. In this case, it will be mounted in my butt cover.

Gauge without face
DSCN4405.jpg
Gauge with face
DSCN4406.jpg
Gauge cutouts
DSCN4404.jpg

For "static" display, I will add these "refrigerator magnets" to the sides of the receiver. I don't think that they would stay on while shooting anyway.

Refrigerator Magnets (for Static display)
DSCN4401.jpg
My two favorite magnets
DSCN4403%202.jpg

Here is the stand. The lighting is really off.

Walnut stand
DSCN4396.jpg

Care to share the link to the gauges?

Sure, here is a link to the eBay store for the gauge: http://stores.ebay.com/Vintage-Wire-And-Supply?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

Here is a link to a search for the magnets. http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XSteampunk+gauge+magnets.TRS0&_nkw=Steampunk+gauge+magnets&_sacat=0

Yank's butt covers are top notch.....

Koda Joe first told me about them and agrees. He told me Yank could cover his butt any day.

I'm wasn't sure what he meant by that til I checked out both of their butts, and I have to say I was quite impressed!

Stock is being dropped off to Yank today.

I got an email from the fella doing the Cerakote saying he figures on getting to it the end of next week. I'm guessing at least a week to take it apart, clean it, spray it, bake it, fire-blue all the screws, and get it back together.

Middle to end of February for a debut?

Stay tuned.

For those who are not familiar with the works of H.P. Lovecraft, and "The Call of Cthulhu" in particular, here is a wonderful work that summarizes it for the uninitiated.

Dr. Seuss describes "The Call of Cthulhu"

http://imgur.com/gallery/I5Vpq

LodSuYH.png

Koda Joe first told me about them and agrees. He told me Yank could cover his butt any day.

I'm wasn't sure what he meant by that til I checked out both of their butts, and I have to say I was quite impressed!

Which butts did you check out Triple D? The ones they shoot with, or the ones they sit on?

seems to fit right in to me - but who am i to say ?

i do like the whole thread here tho - i know some that are steampunkers and they never cease to amaze with their innovation and inspiring spirit - it adds to the game for me ,

Archived