SASS Wire Forum

Black Gold 2016

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kajun..... dat dutch oven Ol Evil bob cooks dat cobbler in has has legs on it.Those blasted things have been known to just up and

runn'd off by themselves :o (iff'n ya know what i mean) Just hang round my bunk house bout supper time and we'll catched it

when it comes by. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Titus, the only "ARC" is the "ARC" in my rifle bullets on the Joe's stages 1 - 5. Man, talk about gotta aim high! I had to go to magnum primers to reach 'em. Somebody once said something about powder?......My answer....."Powder? I don't need no stinkin' powder!" They said....well, I can't say what they said on this here venue, but, I sure like re-using my bullets for a 3rd and sometimes a 4th match. They get a little out of shape and banged up by the 4th match. My wife is happy cuz it keeps the cost down and she let's me shoot more matches. The only unhappy "campers" are the cowpokes waiting to shoot. I haven't figured it out yet. It doesn't take much time for me to go down range and get my spent bullets! :ph34r::blink::o:P:lol:

Ok KCD, ya got me to thinkin'.....yeah, I know what they say 'bout thinkin' :wacko:

"Titus, the only "ARC" is the "ARC" in my rifle bullets" Now not to be argumentative, but I believe there may be more to this "ARC" "ARK" thang than you realize! Hear me out.

Arc vs ark

1.An arc is a section of a circle, a curved part of something, 2.an electrical discharge between two electrons or other electrified surfaces. 3.In a story, the arc is the beginning, middle and resolution of a plot and theme. 4.Arc may also be used as a verb to mean moving in an arc or the discharge of electricity between two electrons or other electrified surfaces. The word arc was first used in the fourteenth century to describe the sun’s motion in the sky, from the Old French word arc meaning arch, vault, and the Latin word arcus meaning a bow, arch.

5.An ark is a place of refuge, the most famous ark being Noah’s ark, from the Bible story about a worldwide flood that destroyed everyone and everything on the Earth except the people and animals on Noah’s enormous boat, the ark. In a Jewish synagogue, the Torah is kept in a cupboard or chest that is also called an ark. Ark comes from the Old English word earc, which derives from the Latin word arca meaning big box or chest, mainly referencing Noah’s ark and the Ark of the Covenant.

1.An arc is a section of a circle, a curved part of something. Yes, KCD, this would describe the trajectory of the bullets you mentioned as you propelled them from your shootin irons to said targets on stages 1-5. HOWEVER, you do recall various Hillbilly 'lympics competitions consisting of tossing lumps of coal, propelling projectiles with sling shots, shooting arrows, rubber band guns, etc. Would the described paths of these not qualify as arcs? And lest we forget that there are many a cowgirl present for these festivities, most of which exhibit curves worth mentioning! :wub:

2.An arc is an electrical discharge between two electrons or other electrified surfaces. I don't believe you have ever been present the week prior to a Black Gold shoot. I've been to every Black Gold, at least a week ahead of the actual shoot weekend. And there have been several occasions where the electrical hookups for the camp spots needed some, shall we say attention. Now for those of you who don't know it, I work in a large chemical manufacturing facility in the instrumentation/electrical department. Now in my work environment, I am used to everything from 13KV on down to the smallest 24VDC circuit being documented. And everything is scrutinized to be done in the safest way known to man, or in some cases OSHA <_< . Now this is in no way meant to disrespect my good buddy Copperhead Jo. But I've been asked to assist with the troubleshooting, installation, modification, etc. of some of the electrical hookups from time to time. These, for the most part, don't exactly have the same level of documentation that I would find in my workplace. And these occasions have given me the opportunity to be witness to more than one arc as defined here. I will say that when you're standing ankle deep in water, the temperature is hovering near the century mark and the humidity is up there near 'steam', an arc will undoubtedly get yer attention! Of course should an attention gettin' arc occur, the prescribed remedy is a dose of Copperhead juice....for medicinal purposes!

3.In a story, the arc is the beginning, middle and resolution of a plot and theme. Liars contest. Nuff said.

4.Arc may also be used as a verb to mean moving in an arc. Think dance contest. If you've been there, ya know whut I mean. ;) If ya ain't, don't miss it this year!

5.An ark is a place of refuge. I don't know of any place on God's green earth that I would consider a better place to escape from the worries of the world than Ponderosa Pines!

So, KCD, when we meet in the hills of eastern Kentucky this July, why don't we sit a spell, grab us a jar'o'juice and maybe we can continue this here conversation regarding the arc. I haven't even started on the Archimedes' Principle, or Archimedes' Screw.....dang, this fun week ain't gonna git here soon enough!

Titus, not only do you have too much time on yore hands but you been a hittin' the Copperhead juice a bit early.....ain't no fair for you to git a head start! :wacko::blink:

Kajun

Kajun, there ain't no such thing as "hittin' the juice a bit early"......it is always just the right time to hit the juice. :D

Mr. Titus, there is also Joan of Arc, which once I saw her - (a woman of kindred spirit with THE women of my dreams = she comes healed (she is fully armored with sword, dagger, and lance, and followed by a large army)), there were and are definitely "arcs" completing their circuit between my affections for her and the other healed women I know who show strength, cunning, and the ability to lead large groups of men to their deaths.............in other words the women of SASS. I mean, please pray tell, how much prettier can a women be who is dressed up and sporting 2 "six" shooters, a beautiful customized rifle, and shotgun which would make a rabbit stew quicker than the sun rise, that is, if the rabbit was ever brave enough to show up? :wub::P

And then there is Ark..ansas or is that Ar..Kansas? Why do we pronounce "sas" as "saw" :angry:

And, finally, but not forever, I will take you up on that splitting of words and hording of "juice, with one proviso...we let Krazy Kajun join the group, so he can add his structural cunning of engineering to the discussion.

KCD

...yadda yadda some flowery "arky" type language....... :huh:

And, finally, but not forever, I will take you up on that splitting of words and hording of "juice, with one proviso...we let Krazy Kajun join the group, so he can add his structural cunning of engineering to the discussion.

KCD

Shore am glad I got my boots on KCD....it's gettin' a mite deep in hyere! :D:lol:

Kajun

(a woman of kindred spirit with THE women of my dreams = she comes healed (she is fully armored with sword, dagger, and lance, and followed by a large army

Ah, now we have another topic to peruse....is it healed or heeled? Ah, homonyms, syntax, pronunciations....the nuances of our language. And then the various dialects, slang, phonology, grammar and linguistics that can be ruminated.

By all means, he is most welcome to join in our lively banter! As long as he don't bogart the juice when it gits passed his way! :P

Mr. T,

You are most correct....a topic to discuss for sure......"heeled" would be the proper term....most times....however, when followed by a large army, prepared to sacrifice their lives for their "Arc"......this surely brings the fear of the Lord upon one, and one could conceivably be "healed" instantly! :o:P

So, with Joan going "heeled", the recipient of her wrath could be "healed", or maybe I simply had a typo. :D

KCD

I a'feared that if you give Kajun too much from the jar of wisdom, he will slip back into his native language and we won't understand a thing he says. We'll have to break out the swamp french dictionary.

That is true! Of course, if we have enough, we might just be able to understand him, or at least we might "think" we can!

Sha...if you really quaff enuff of dat stuff you kan tawk dat way yeah!

Kajun

Mr. T,

You are most correct....a topic to discuss for sure......"heeled" would be the proper term....most times....however, when followed by a large army, prepared to sacrifice their lives for their "Arc"......this surely brings the fear of the Lord upon one, and one could conceivably be "healed" instantly! :o:P

So, with Joan going "heeled", the recipient of her wrath could be "healed", or maybe I simply had a typo. :D

KCD

Typo or no, I do admire the logic applied in your rationalization of your initial spelling.

Kajun, do go easy on us non-swamp residents, as our minds may possibly be in the clouded state as is common in the hills of east Kentucky, and we could easily be lulled into a state of consternation at our lack of understanding of what it is that you verbalize. And when one is in such a state and the consternation sets in, why that feller might just have a look of confusion on his face. :huh: And that look could easily be construed as a frown :angry: , which we all know is verboten at Ponderosa Pines! Why, you might just cause a poor soul to face the wrath of Iron Maiden and her feather! :o

Brandon....heeled, healed, it probably makes no difference. Just be aware that Black Gold can and has become many a cowboy's Achilles Heel :blink::P

Titus I got 2 good heels to give but only 1 good ankle at the moment, used my right one to stop a motorcycle from sliding out from under me. Motorcycle is fine but the ankle got broken on the inside and out. They put that stuff back together like you would a broken barn door.

Titus I got 2 good heels to give but only 1 good ankle at the moment, used my right one to stop a motorcycle from sliding out from under me. Motorcycle is fine but the ankle got broken on the inside and out. They put that stuff back together like you would a broken barn door.

OUCH! Sorry to hear that pard. Hope all heals well. :)

Would that mean when we see ya at Black Gold you would be well healed as well as well heeled? :lol:

Titus,

You need to put the dictionary back on the shelf, and get your coloring books out.

You should know by now that the only book Kajun ever studied was Run Spot Run!

NAH!! That coonass only ever got past the first few pages of the McGuffy Reader!!! :wacko::o:lol::lol::lol:

Titus,

You need to put the dictionary back on the shelf, and get your coloring books out.

You should know by now that the only book Kajun ever studied was Run Spot Run!

Nah Judge...we wuz so poor all we cud afford wuz Run! :)

And the only crayons they had were purple and gold.

I see you finally woke up from your nap in the magic chair!

Kajun

This retired life is stressful. I need my naps.

You got that right!! I ain't yet figured out where I ever found the time to keep a JOB!!!

But hangin' out with the grandkids more is shore a pleasure!!!

Dang, I have a headache from reading all that . Yall must be practicing for the tall tale!

Dang, I have a headache from reading all that . Yall must be practicing for the tall tale!

Ah, she who wields the power of the feather has rejoined the thread! And yes, practicin' fer the contest is a must if'n ya wanta win. There be some truly tuff competitors vyin' ta capture the title of Best Black Gold Liar of 2016! Why, at the last couple of Black Gold contests, I've been witness to prevarications that will make yer head spin! :wacko::huh::P

I write better than I talk, I walk better than I write, and I stand better than I walk, And I lay in my easy chair better than I stand. So, from all that information I figured out I need to drink more, talk less, and find a soft place to fall down on before the evening travels too far. :P:D

KCD

I write better than I talk, I walk better than I write, and I stand better than I walk, And I lay in my easy chair better than I stand. So, from all that information I figured out I need to drink more, talk less, and find a soft place to fall down on before the evening travels too far. :P:D

KCD

So does that mean you'll be entering the Liers Contest and not the Liars Contest? :o

OK Judge, I'll go back to my coloring book now. ;)

Done make me come get that Funk & Wagnalls!

Prevarication...... that's a $20.00 word

Think that's a good one? Try "Fabricational Misdirection"!!

Page three??? Not anymore!!!

"Onward and upward!" as they say!!!

Archived