SASS Wire Forum

Black Gold 2016

Well in spite of our best efforts to make our first ever Black Gold Kitty's health has hit a bump in the road. Having a mass removed from her lung this Friday so traveling is out. The good news is they don't think it's anything malignant but won't really know until they run a biopsy. Ya'll have one for us and hopefully we'll make it next year. :( I would say take lot's of pictures but I know about what happens at BG stays at BG.

Prayers for Miss Kitty!! Hope all goes well for her and a full and speedy recovery!!

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They have the yard sale listed for Thursday all day.

Hang with me Blackhawk and we'll make it thru together.See ya next week...........Widder

Widder. Hope Blackhawk, Dixie Pistols and I get to shoot with you. It's been a few years since I shot Black Gold but I remember well how much fun it was. Tell Lassiter I'm Comin' for him with the pistols he slicked up for me. I know that will worry him plenty.

Hopidy,

Shooting with you at the NC State was icing on the cake for me. And it would be great to posse up with you again. So many good folks that it will be hard to shoot with em all.

I hope WE BOTH have a better outcome at BG, but if not, atleast we will be able to tell our grandkids a good story when they one day ask the question: "Grandpa, where were you on July 14-16, in 2016?"

See you soon.

..........Widder

Hopidy,

Shooting with you at the NC State was icing on the cake for me. And it would be great to posse up with you again. So many good folks that it will be hard to shoot with em all.

I hope WE BOTH have a better outcome at BG, but if not, atleast we will be able to tell our grandkids a good story when they one day ask the question: "Grandpa, where were you on July 14-16, in 2016?"

See you soon.

..........Widder

We'll do better. I am feeling it. And it is always an honor to shoot with you, friend. Hope it happens, but if not we'll have plenty of time to visit.

Waimea, make sure to bring some extra 45's, 200 and 180, probably sell them all.

The yard sale is Thursday. Scratch, I sure hope you're feeling better. Palmetto, let Kitty know that she is in our prayers.

I do wield a mean feathers, ah feather!

Whiskey and I will probably be there Saturday. Got to get things set up and ready. See yall there!

We got a couple of Seger tunes!!

Widder!! Hang around Saturday night and you might hear more!!

This year, I plan to hang around.

But with my hearing, I can barely discern most songs. Even at church, of which I am familiar with the songs for over 60 years, yet I have trouble recognizing a lot of them until after the first couple lines.

I stopped playing my guitar (Ovation 12 string electric) about 6-7 years ago because my hearing ability makes it nearly impossible to pick up a tune. A lot of music notes sound out of key.

See you soon my friend.

..........Widder

For those of you coming to Black Gold for the first time, you're in for a big treat seeing Blackwater and company play. These guys are "pros".

I just got the last of my side match ammo loaded and now it's time to get the main match stuff cranked out. It's just a few more days until the best shoot in SASS!! :D:D

For those who have asked, I'm going to bring my steamer and stretcher so's I can repair and reshape a few hats. I'll have it set up Thursday and Friday evening and it will be first come first served until I run out of oomph. I'll be kinda' busy Saturday night as you might expect. See ya' there!!

It is almost here, counting down on one hand now.

Already have a couple of pork butts cooked for the early birds, got some pork loins soaking for later in the week.

Need to run to the store for more food for the week.

Plan to spend all day Sunday packing the 5'er and loading up, heading up Monday morning to help with any final touches Joe needs help with.

Let the good time roll.

Well, had planned on leaving out today. So much for plans. :( Storm came thru night before last. Got 4 trees down. Got siding and fascia ripped off the east side of the house. Lots of rain slowed down the mowing. Had a flat tire on the mother-in-laws lawn mower. Had two funerals, one of which was my diesel mechanics father. But if all goes well, we'll be pulling out tomorrow. WE WILL BE THERE! :)

Leaving Saturday and plan to vacation on the way and see parts of Kentucky. ( Bourbon trail !)14 hours from my home in Northern Wisconsin. Will be my first time at Black Gold, I must admit with all of the posts about the shoot for the past six months I am looking forward to a good shoot and meeting some new SASS friends. Everyone travel safe and I hope the weather will be comfortable. Not used to life in hot and humid. Tried to practice in my sauna to adjust but my glasses just fogged up.

Marshal Fire, look forward to meeting you next week, the Bourbon Trail is great. Travel safely and see you all next week.

Marshal Fire,

Safe travels.

You'll love it at BG. Its really a great, laid back event....with A LOT of events.

PLUS, Korupt Karl will be there.... :)

..........Widder

Doing a little last minute gun maintenance and starting to pack. I'm figuring on pulling out here sometime between 4 and 5 AM tomorrow. Schoolmarm will follow on Wednesday.

For those who have asked, I'm going to bring my steamer and stretcher so's I can repair and reshape a few hats. I'll have it set up Thursday and Friday evening and it will be first come first served until I run out of oomph. I'll be kinda' busy Saturday night as you might expect. See ya' there!!

Do you have the correct waist line for proper brim shaping?

NOZ: eat all the brim (or catfish) you want and then loosen your belt for "correct waist line".... :)

..........Widder

Nope!! Looks like a herd of gypsies abandoned the seat of my drawers!! :o:lol::lol:

I HAVE figured out how to compensate for the lack of girth, although lately the loss of weight has slowed.

NOZ: eat all the brim (or catfish) you want and then loosen your belt for "correct waist line".... :)

..........Widder

I ain't been fishin' in years!! Brim always seemed more trouble than they's worth!! Catfish, however........ :wub::P:P

Finally on my way!! Car is loaded and all I've gotta' do is fill up the cooler with ice and fill up the tank.

Schoolmarm's gonna' come up Wednesday.

See ya' at the party!!!

Heading out in about two hours, see everyone up there. First round is on me.

Archived