SASS Wire Forum

Black Gold 2016

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ya'll got lifeguards and a cat fish patrol ?

I knowed Waimea's got dibs on the snipe patrol ;):D:lol:

Kajun

it will be nice to not be swimming in sweat.

it's friggin HOT down here in Florida :wacko:

Scratch

it will be nice to not be swimming in sweat.

it's friggin HOT down here in Florida :wacko:

Scratch

Obviously you were not there last year!

Still, I'm looking forward to the happenings again this year.

blackgold2015.jpg

Now that the warm-up match out there in New Mexico is over we can really start going on this one. :lol:

Sure looks like a lot of World Champions, both current and past, will be at this match. Pretty much a who's who of Cowboy Action Shooting, not to mention all the Outlaws that will be there.

I may have to leave our shoot on Saturday and head to Joe's just to make sure I don't miss anything.

See everyone in about 11 days, dang that is less than two weeks in most places.

Got solid word that Hatfield will be at Black Gold!!

I'm planning on getting there sometime Monday. Schoolmarm will follow, probably on Wednesday.

Hatfield is coming up Thursday!

Got solid word that Hatfield will be at Black Gold!!

I'm planning on getting there sometime Monday. Schoolmarm will follow, probably on Wednesday.

Hatfield is coming up Thursday!

And don't forget that KORUPT KARL is also planning to be there. You'll find him laughing and smiling, hanging around all the ladies. Actually, they will probably be hanging around him.

T-BONE: be careful around KK if you wear that Indian outfit. Ya might get pinched..... :o

..........Widder

I'm a tellin yall, by the time you leave Black Gold the muscles around your mouth are gonna be so tired from all the smiling and laughing your gonna do. Wait till you see what WhiskeyCreek has in store for yall. It's gonna be the best one so far. Gonna be real hard to come up with something better next year!

Yall be sure to come up with your best hillbilly costume for sat. evening festivities. Dont forget your best drinking shirt for fri. night. Cant wait to see what everyone comes up with.

For all you bakers, remember to bake at least a dozen.

main match

black powder outlaw

wild bunch

team shoot

man on man

speed and long range

2 live bands

dancing

hillbilly Olympics

lets make a deal

baking and cooking

tall tales

spelling B

fans, fans, fans

poles

food and more food

bike ride

yard sale

vendors

good people

chickens

WHAT MORE COULD YOU WANT IN A MATCH?

WOO-HOO, cant wait!

You forgot!! Something to laugh about, or smile about, or wonder about for a whole week!!!

Let's put this back on the first page. Are y'all sleeping?

I ain't sleepin'.

I'm busier than a one armed paper hanger makin' bullets.

And I'm bringing a ton to Black Gold.

Waimea

:FlagAm:

I've already started cookin'!!!

Chickens and ducks oh my, everywhere! Lots of fans and lots of feathers.I wonder whats going on in Whiskey's head?

Don't you worry Pete, we have plenty of folks who can do C.P.R. or the hindlick maneuver. Don't need no lifeguards. As far as the catfish goes, only if you bring a pole. Because the poles we have at the Black Gold won't do you no good for fishing!

We Plan on getting there Wed. Anything goin on Wed evening?

:blink:

Probably not anything they can put on the Wire or want the general public to know about..... :)

..........Widder

Probably not anything they can put on the Wire or want the general public to know about..... :)

..........Widder

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::lol:B)

Well, the RV goes to the diesel shop tomorrow for an oil & filter change. Mechanic is to do a quick once over as well, not expecting anything. Got both AC/heat pump units runnin in tip-top condition, gonna need em both if this year is anything like last year! Gotta keep Fannie and the dog comfortable, Lord help us if that don't happen. Guns and ammo ready. Most of the goodies are loaded in the RV, a few more to go. Got a few last minute adjustments to make to the costumes...yeah, I said costumes. B) Hey, this shindig don't come around but once a year. Might as well go all out! ^_^

Oh, yeah, and I gotta go make a run to the liquor store. Fannie ran across some Crown Royal gift sets that just hit the shelf. And you know how Whiskey Creek loves his Crown! :wub:

Looks like we should roll in sometime this Saturday. I know the festivities don't officially start til Thursday, but some of us old retired folks gotta ease into a party the size'a this'n. Kain't just jump in all at once, a fella might just pull sumthin! And breathin' the fine air found in the hills of eastern Kentucky, it's a gonna take a few days to akla...acclum...acli...git used to it! :P

Shotgun Bandit, there will be several folks there already when you get there. I'm sure there'll be something going on.

I'm PLANNING on being there sometime Monday morning. You all know how plans go!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::lol:

I'll watch after ya Blackhawk. Your in good hands.

Blackhawk....just a word of warning here.....Evil Bob does NOT work for Allstate! ;)

Kajun

Titus, now that you are retired and there really is not difference in Friday and Saturday, why don't you all come in on Friday, Bring Fanny, Bo and Maiden down to our shoot on Saturday. (figured the guys would follow if you bring the ladies)

You get another shoot in and visit with friends you dont get to see very often

Jackalope also may have mentioned something about a Judges meeting after the shoot on Saturday.

See you shortly any way.

Now Tombstone, you know there cannot be a Judges meeting without the Presiding Judge present.

I will allow Titus, if he makes the trip to Oak Ridge to consume copious amounts of alcohol that his fellow Judge, Jackalope will be happy to buy.

I figure that's the least he can do since you will more than likely be buying his again.

Hopefully you can get some of your money back after the Black Powder Outlaw Championship next week!

Boy somebody sure doesn't want me to go.

1st my mom has a heart attack, my left kidney fails, the house A/C broke, my van A/C broke. Working in this heat is killing me,

But I'm still Comming!!!!

see ya'll in a week

Scratch

Tombstone, that sounds like a wonderful idea! Nothin more that I'd rather be doin this Saturday than shootin with y'all. :) But I doubt if it happens. Got stuff back here that needs tendin to before I leave and I don't see any way for it all to git done that soon! I'll do my best but it's doubtful. :(

Judge, thanks for the offer to have somebody else buy my drunk...I mean drinks! But as you mentioned, without your presence at the shoot, me and Jackalope would have to resort to talking about our grandkids and golf and it would undoubtedly create an appearance of impropriety. <_< You know, kinda like Bill and Loretta's little meeting on the tarmac the other day! :ph34r: And then the whole Dessert (Cupcake) Contest final decision, which should be announce by you, the Presiding Judge, would surely be called into question. You know, kinda like Comey's BS decision on HRC's email server! :angry: I can only imagine the wrath that would come down from Maiden should we resort to those kind of tactics! :blink: I hear she wields a mean feather! :P

Boy somebody sure doesn't want me to go.

1st my mom has a heart attack, my left kidney fails, the house A/C broke, my van A/C broke. Working in this heat is killing me,

But I'm still Comming!!!!

see ya'll in a week

Scratch

You will forget everything but Black Gold when you are there.

A few things you need to do to make it a successful vacation match:

You must check your phone in with Miss Bo when you get on-site.

Pick it up on the way out.

Ignore any messages you received during BG.

They didn't happen.

Sorry to hear about your troubles, Scratch.

See you in Kentucky.

Waimea

Well in spite of our best efforts to make our first ever Black Gold Kitty's health has hit a bump in the road. Having a mass removed from her lung this Friday so traveling is out. The good news is they don't think it's anything malignant but won't really know until they run a biopsy. Ya'll have one for us and hopefully we'll make it next year. :( I would say take lot's of pictures but I know about what happens at BG stays at BG.

Archived