SASS Wire Forum

Black Gold 2016

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Titus!! Black Gold has become the "Retirement Party" for You and Schoolmarm, Copperhead, and Rowdy Bates!!

All of the teachers and staff at the school where Cheryl worked, got together and threw a "Tea" for her at the school. "We figured you needed a retirement party," some of them explained.

"NO!!" she replied. "My retirement party will be in Kentucky, the middle of July!!"

All four of ya's quitting work at the same time MAY be more than the average attendee can handle!!! :rolleyes::lol::lol::o:o

Blackwater, you know when folks assemble at Ponderosa Pines there ain't no need for a 'reason' to have a party. But with afore mentioned group of retirees all hittin that milestone at once, why, you may just be right. It'll surely be one to remember! :wacko:

Oh, late breaking news! ADD ONE MORE NAME TO THAT RETIREE LIST! My partner in crime, Cash Proffitt, is retiring the same day as me. June 24th is gonna be a happy day for us both! :)

Lord have mercy on the hills of Eastern Kentucky in mid July! ^_^

Blackwater, you know when folks assemble at Ponderosa Pines there ain't no need for a 'reason' to have a party. But with afore mentioned group of retirees all hittin that milestone at once, why, you may just be right. It'll surely be one to remember! :wacko:

Oh, late breaking news! ADD ONE MORE NAME TO THAT RETIREE LIST! My partner in crime, Cash Proffitt, is retiring the same day as me. June 24th is gonna be a happy day for us both! :)

Lord have mercy on the hills of Eastern Kentucky in mid July! ^_^

CAN I GET AN AMEN?!?!?

Chickens? Don't worry about any chickens. I can take care of them.

When I moved to Alabama, I went to work for Tyson in one of the chicken processing plants.

I still have some bait from my last job working for Diageo, (They make Crown Royal), I am certain I can use it to catch some Chickens.

Tbone, i guarantee they'll be talking about or chickens for a long time. I betcha!

Purly, its those Texas Chickens that cant swim, I bet the KY chickens can at least do the breast stroke :lol:

Dang, I might just be able to snag a chicken's foot out of all this...need one for some upcoming voodoo goings on! ;):P

Kajun

Yes there is truth to chickens not being able to swim.

Maiden, maybe yall can put a couple of hens on the first train to Clarksville and infiltrate the Bar 3 hen house. What could we name the new breed of chickens???

Hum, chicken names: Bar 3 black and golds?

Ponderosa Pines pea pickin peckers?

T-bones wishbones?

Black and gold cocks?

I don't know. Am open to suggestions!

My first thought,(the clean one,) was: "Wee don' need no stinking cheekens!'

I saw those chickens chopped with an ax

How can they possibly be back?

Don't need their sorry eggs

Don't need their skinny legs

Chicken is that other meat

We've got catfish to eat!

Harley.

Man wheres the Love??

All this Chicken Abuse.

Somebody call the ASPCA :o

Chicken Scratch

TN Mongo, SASS #61450, on 01 Jun 2016 - 09:18 AM, said:snapback.png

I heard a rumor that Titus might not make the Black Gold shoot this year because he is in negotiating with Fox to appear on a new show, "Pole Dancing With the Stars". :D:D:D:D

Sometimes it just don't pay to excel at somethin! I went and auditioned for "Pole Dancing With the Stars" out in Hollyweird. Now mind ya, I figgered they'd be sum "stiff" competition, what with all the talented folk what's sposta be out there. So I shows up, in my best Black Gold pole dancin' outfit no less, and proceeded ta 'strut muh stuff' like I never strutted before! I mean I really cut loose! So all the so called "Stars" and producers and talent scouts and Lord only knows who all else was a watchin me. They was a point'n and a starin' and just plain ole astounded at the exhibition I put on, I tell ya. After the music stopped and I slid offa the pole, it took a minute or two fer em ta realize whut they had just witnessed! Finally, one wide eyed spectator uttered a long drawn out "Oh...my...Gawd" followed a few seconds later by another astounded observers "I've never seen anything like that before in my life." Needless ta say, I left there makin plans for my move ta Tinseltown. B)

Fast forward to today. The folks from the show call and inform me that my "talent level is not what they are looking for." :huh: Now I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but I can read between the lines. <_< The only plausible explanation is that my dancin prowess was so far above the resta them so called "Stars" that they all banded together and said they'd walk if'n I was allowed ta be on the show! Well all I can say is it's their loss.

So that means all a y'alls that plan on attendin this years Black Gold are in luck! Titus, the Pole Dancin King, will be there puttin on the show of shows! Just you wait, I'll show them Hollyweirdos whut a real pole dance is all about. ^_^

We need to film of Titus dancing this year so we can post it on Youtube. He could become an internet sensation! Just saying. :P

What happens in Kentucky stays in Kentucky. ;)

I was told I couldn't even take pictures last year.

So I didn't.

I will not make the same mistake this year but I will be judicious as to what I photograph.

Titus, you're safe. :lol:

Waimea

A judge (brew contest) judiciously choosing whether or not to photograph a fellow judge (dessert contest). Sounds rather judgemental to me. :P But I guess that's the way a judge would think. ;)

Kinda reminds me of a comment made by the late, great General Norman Schwarzkopf. A reporter, trying to pry information out of him in a press conference said, "generally speaking, would you say..." and Stormin' Norman responded by saying, "Well let me start by saying that Generals always speak generally." :FlagAm:

Bah, Chicken Scratch! There's another blooming chicken coming to Black Gold. Soooo, ya'll gonna throw him in the pond?

Bah, Chicken Scratch! There's another blooming chicken coming to Black Gold. Soooo, ya'll gonna throw him in the pond?

Stranger thangs've happened!!! :rolleyes::lol:

this Chicken swims :P

Titus, you are correct about them gators and they looked like they were hungry last time I was up there.

Scratch, it not the swimming so much as it is having to get out of that bag first. :lol:

Our next big match, camping trip, motorcycle ride and visit with some of the greatest folks in the world.

The count down continues

Looks like about 22 days until I get there.

Our next big match, camping trip, motorcycle ride and visit with some of the greatest folks in the world.

The count down continues

Looks like about 22 days until I get there.

Looks like about the same for Fannie'n'me, maybe a day or two sooner if all goes well. Got the coach outta the underground bunker and one of the heat pump/ac units went south over the winter. Better get it replaced before we head for eastern Kentucky in mid July. I've heard tell it can get a bit on the warmish side. ;) Don't need no hot Fannie while I'm in Kentucky....wait a minute...now that I think about it... :P

See y'all soon!

P.S. Copperhead/Whiskey Creek/Bo/Maiden called this mornin. They was on their way to EOT and wondered if'n I wanted to meet em in Dodge City, Kansas for dinner this evenin. Now, not that I don't enjoy their company....but have you ever been to Dodge City?!? <_< Six hour drive to the middle of nowhere western Kansas and the heat index is breakin 100 degrees! :wacko: Don't think they've got enough Copperhead juice with em to make it worth it! :lol:

Hey Titus!! I spent a weekend in Salina once many years ago, and not by choice!! The heat index out there is skewed badly to the low side!!

Me 'n' Schoolmarm orta' be there at Ponderosa pines about that same time!! I'm still a little shaky from that bout of vertigo I encountered about the first of May, but I'm improving slowly and the party beckons!! Hatfield and family are planning to come for the match, but he can't take the whole week off like us retired folks can!!

We're looking forward to this more and more!! I got some surprises for Saturday night too!!

A judge (brew contest) judiciously choosing whether or not to photograph a fellow judge (dessert contest). Sounds rather judgemental to me. :P But I guess that's the way a judge would think. ;)

Pony express just delivered your dispatch.

I was just saying that I will not need a camera to remember your performance.

It is burned into my brain.

😭

Waimea

Pony express just delivered your dispatch.

I was just saying that I will not need a camera to remember your performance.

It is burned into my brain.

Waimea

Those 'memories' are just visions resulting from the consumption of a certain Eastern Kentucky libation! ;):P

Those 'memories' are just visions resulting from the consumption of a certain Eastern Kentucky libation! ;):P

So it didn't really happen?!?

No more Copperhead Juice for me. Ya right

:lol:

Waimea

Archived