SASS Wire Forum

WTS Marlin Cowboy Competition $1300 + shipping SPF

MBFields

Selling my marlin cbc. {I am sure GW will not let me hear the end of this}. This is color case hardened. 20" oct barrel, slick mccades trigger, leather gunstock cover. brass sure hit front sight. It is very smooth and fast. Going back to shooting my 73's. Will email pics as do not have other accounts. 1300 + shipping to your ffl. Will be at winter range if that works for you.

I don't need another one but I thought I would add a couple comments and bump this back to the top.

First of all, I don't know MBFields or have any association with him. But I noticed over 260 views on this Marlin with no obvious interest.

If any of you are hesitant because of the sticker price, let me make note that these are getting harder than hens teeth to find, especially in the condition stated by MB. And, in all likelihood, Remington might never produce the Cowboy model.

These 'JM' brand Marlin Cowboys are tough rifles and can run with the best of them. And on todays market, the noted price is a fair price.

I know of a Cowboy who just last weekend sold an 1894 Cowboy in .32 H&R for over $1800. The 1894 Cowboy Comps in .38 special are nearly just as rare.

If any of you Pards are being a little hesitant on getting this, don't wait to long. One of you will soon realize that it is a sound investment in a rifle, in which the value continues to rise.

Heck, just to own one allows you to have 'bragging' rights..... ;)

Now here's the big question: Who will be the Lucky Cowboy?

Have a good day fellers.

..........Widder

Widder, you box is full. Same comments if it was 45 Colt?

How Kid.

Of the .45 Colt 'Cowboy' models I have known to sell, the price seems to hang around the $900 mark, give or take a few. The '.45 Cowboy Competition' models bring alittle more, maybe $1000+.

The .45 doesn't seem to be as much in demand as the .38 calibers for Cowboy Action Shooting, except the BP shooters do seem to prefer the bigger bore rifles.

But please note that these are prices I have witnessed between Cowboy owners and buyers. I have no knowledge of what value these rifles carry in gun stores from a dealers 'book' values.

As to the .38 caliber, the regular 'Cowboy' models seem to carry a nice figure of $1000 to $1200, based on condition, added aftermarket parts, etc......

Then, when you get into the '.38 Cowboy Competition' models, as the one MB has listed on this thread, those rifles are rarely found for sell because the owners realize their rarity and good investment value.

And let me state one more time that these are prices I have witnessed between shooters (both buyers and sellers) here in this part of the woods.

Other Cowboy shooters and dealers may have different experiences and I don't want to convey the info I've seen as being the 'gospel' for everyone.

As for the .32 H&R 1894 Cowboys, these are the prime investment lever rifles for those who already have one. When you find one, just about any fair condition piece is priced anywhere from a low of $1200 up into the TWO thousand dollar range. And these are usually 'stock'.

$1400 - $1600 price for a 'stock' .32 H&R is not uncommon. Finding one for sale is most difficult. Finding one LNIB is even more difficult. And finding a NIB should make you want to go buy a Lottery ticket..... ;)

..........Widder

TN JACK,

On the 1894 Marlin Cowboys, the 'BARRELS' are not drilled and tapped. BUT, some 'RECEIVERS' are drilled and tapped.

BUT... on the 1894 Marlin Cowboy 'Competition' models, the receiver is not drilled and tapped.

..........Widder

Was wondering how long you were going to lay on the bottom before you bobbed up again GW

Widder

Please send my your email address by PM

Thanks.

Archived