SASS Wire Forum

Dessert Wars at Black Gold!

ironmaiden

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boy oh boy, I sampled a beverage from one of the contestants for the beer/beverage contest at Black Gold at last weekends GA State match. You other competitors better bring your "A" game because this beverage had even non-drinkers asking for more.

No fair.

I wasn't there to assist with the sampling.

Lol

Waimea

And I have tasted anothers homemade brew since then an, oh it'll make you want to slap yo momma!

I heard a rumor that Titus might not make the Black Gold shoot this year because he is in negotiating with Fox to appear on a new show, "Pole Dancing With the Stars". :D:D:D:D

Hey, with my impending retirement I figured I needed something to do to occupy my time, and with my obvious natural talent it was only it was only a matter of time before the offers started rolling in! Check your local listings. :P

Hey, with my impending retirement I figured I needed something to do to occupy my time, and with my obvious natural talent it was only it was only a matter of time before the offers started rolling in! Check your local listings. :P

TV for sale, cheap.

Fresh peppers are coming in for the great appetizer cook-off. Got to cook 20 pork butts last week-end to get warmed up. Dang is it here yet?

I'm your pepper disposal unit!!

I heard a rumor that Titus might not make the Black Gold shoot this year because he is in negotiating with Fox to appear on a new show, "Pole Dancing With the Stars". :D:D:D:D

Sometimes it just don't pay to excel at somethin! I went and auditioned for "Pole Dancing With the Stars" out in Hollyweird. Now mind ya, I figgered they'd be sum "stiff" competition, what with all the talented folk what's sposta be out there. So I shows up, in my best Black Gold pole dancin' outfit no less, and proceeded ta 'strut muh stuff' like I never strutted before! I mean I really cut loose! So all the so called "Stars" and producers and talent scouts and Lord only knows who all else was a watchin me. They was a point'n and a starin' and just plain ole astounded at the exhibition I put on, I tell ya. After the music stopped and I slid offa the pole, it took a minute or two fer em ta realize whut they had just witnessed! Finally, one wide eyed spectator uttered a long drawn out "Oh...my...Gawd" followed a few seconds later by another astounded observers "I've never seen anything like that before in my life." Needless ta say, I left there makin plans for my move ta Tinseltown. B)

Fast forward to today. The folks from the show call and inform me that my "talent level is not what they are looking for." :huh: Now I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but I can read between the lines. <_< The only plausible explanation is that my dancin prowess was so far above the resta them so called "Stars" that they all banded together and said they'd walk if'n I was allowed ta be on the show! Well all I can say is it's their loss.

So that means all a y'alls that plan on attendin this years Black Gold are in luck! Titus, the Pole Dancin King, will be there puttin on the show of shows! Just you wait, I'll show them Hollyweirdos whut a real pole dance is all about. ^_^

Ok, y'all. I ain't heard much about cupcakes on here lately! To my way of thinkin' that means one of two things. Either yer all hard at work perfecting yer recipes....or you've all let this here shindig sneak up on ya and yer gonna be scramblin' at the last minute to come up with an entry. I can only hope it's the first possibility and not the latter! Y'all do realize that the esteemed panel of judges assembled for this contest are trained professionals. And we WILL be able to discern not only the quality and flavor of any and all offerings presented to us. No siree! As highly skilled tasteologists, we can also discern effort, planning, thought process (or lack thereof), as well as any number of nuances that might have gone into the creation of these sweet treats. So if ya ain't already done so....GIT OFF YER DUFFS AND GIT TA BAKIN! :P There's three dessert judges countin on ya!

I've been practicing the HUGGIN wherever I go......gotta stay in shape....lol

I have been tasting numerous concoctions to prepare myself for anything these great cooks come up with.

Been working hard rehabbing two new knees, got to be able to shake and bake with Titus and Red!

I've been told a few ideas about some folks concoctions. They sound mighty tasty. Ya'll better be on your game!

Some of us beverage judges may need a snack after sampling brews. Maybe we could work a deal with some of the dessert judges. You never know, there might be a few extra beverage samples left (after the judging, of course) that could be shared with our fellow colleagues.

Like I mentioned yesterday, it's all in the art of negotiation!

You do get along well with Ms. Anita!! Us Gun Boys know how it works!!! ;):P:lol:

The best possible outcome in many negotiations is achieved by me saying, "yes, dear".

:)

Mongo, I'm sure if you approached the dessert judge panel when assembled, we could reach an agreeable conclusion.

;)

The best possible outcome in many negotiations is achieved by me saying, "yes, dear".

:)

Jackalope, I feel your pain....I mean I've had lots of experience as a negotiator myself. As a matter of fact, officially gonna celebrate 35 years negotiating with the same woman this August 1st. :D

Mongo, I'm sure if you approached the dessert judge panel when assembled, we could reach an agreeable conclusion.

;)

Look us up, talk us up, hook us up. Or as Iron Maiden has said....LET'S MAKE A DEAL! :lol:

Pie are round, cornbread are square.....gesundheit! ;)

Kajun

COBBLER are square!!

We have exactly one month till the best match in SASS! Hope you folks have rested up, it's gonna be a DOOSEY!

For you non-Latin speakers, you cupcake judges give us some cupcakes, we beverage judges will share some beverage with you.

Keep the gluten-free ones though <gag>.

Mongo - Water is a beverage too right? :lol:

IM - rested and ready to work hard and have fun too. Copperhead needs to consider extending this match to a week. 3 days just ain't long enough to meet everybody. And I know I missed a whole bunch last year.

Waimea

He he!! Mongo!! You said "free beer"!!

Plenty of OTHER beverages as well!!

CANNOT WAIT!!!

Archived