SASS Wire Forum

Dessert Wars at Black Gold!

ironmaiden

Enter as many times as you like. I hear a lot of mouthing. So bring it on big boys! It'll make for a better dance contest! lol

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've said it many times....That's not me dancin', it's the bourbon! ;):P

Titus me thinks you need more bourbon this year.

Titus doesn't need and bourbon or anything else to have a good time. He's just like Whiskey, he makes a fool out of himself so everyone else can start having a good time. That was meant as a compliment!

There's plenty more like those two at Black Gold!! We take pride in actin' a fool!! It gets the stuffed shirts all unstuffed!!! :o:lol::lol::lol:

Titus doesn't need and bourbon or anything else to have a good time. He's just like Whiskey, he makes a fool out of himself so everyone else can start having a good time. That was meant as a compliment!

You betcha I consider that a compliment! WCJ is my hero! And for someone to say I'm just like him....hey wait just a cotton pickin minute here! First you threatened to replace me as a Dessert War judge, then you reinstate me, now yer payin me 'compliments'....OK IM, just what in the Sam Hill are you up to! Maybe yer tryin to get inside my head, messin with my karma, hopin beyond all hope that I'll be off my game and yer old man can swoop in a steal the crown jewel of Black Gold...the men's dance contest! That's gotta be it! Why, I've never seen Whiskey dance before (well there was that one time at Possum Trot) and I'll just bet he's put you up to playin head games with all of what would be his competition so's he's got a shot at the title. Well, we'll just see about that!

OK boys, Red, Mongo, Drover (Chunk N' Dale) and the rest of ya's, I done got em figgered out. That sly dog, WCJ, just layin back in the shadows. Got his woman, the 'sweet, innocent thang' she portrays herself to be, out here doin his dirty work. :ph34r: Don't be fooled, there's treachery brewin and it's gonna manifest itself in who know what all manner in the hills of eastern Kentucky this comin July. Consider yerselves WARNED! :o

Dang, I kain't wait til July! :P

...That sly dog, WCJ, just layin back in the shadows. Got his woman, the 'sweet, innocent thang' she portrays herself to be, out here doin his dirty work. :ph34r: Don't be fooled, there's treachery brewin and it's gonna manifest itself in who know what all manner in the hills of eastern Kentucky this comin July...

Oh yeah, that Whiskey Creek fella is a sneaky one. Gotta keep an eyeball on that one, for sure. It's early, but there's so much treachery brewing up north, it's starting to leach into Tennessee already.

Come what may, you have the word of the judges that the dessert contest will be fairly and impartially adjudicated and completely free of bias, regardless of any attempted bribery. Just try to bribe us, I double-dog dare ya!

Jackalope

I see y'all are practicing real hard for the tall tale competition. You all know that as much as I love em, Whiskey Creek can't dance!

I know that for a fact, don't ask how I know but I do know. Back to Possum Trot days also.

So, who y'all reckon will come in second in the brew contest??? :D

NOW THERE'S A CHALLENGE FOR YA'S!!!

Purly,

You need to come and "practice" with some of us after local shoots to be ready for Black Gold.

Waimea,

I'm happy to have you as a fellow judge. luckily, I'm bringing my own DD in case we have

"extended deliberations" in our quest to pick the best brew.

Oh there WILL be

EXTENDED DELIBERATIONS!

I'm thinking that the judging should start on Thursday afternoon and end early Sunday morning. :lol:

Shoot, what shoot?

Happy to be one of the Brew Judges too, Mongo.

Do we have a 3rd Brew Judge yet?

Waimea

:FlagAm:

Mongo, Since I got me a new pipe to my heart I'm tuning up my dancing boots. Beware boys!

Titus, maybe we can get KCD (Chunk N' Dale) to join in the dance contest and Jackalope too!

Purly, Waimea, You boys got enough experience in that brew judging? It takes many years "testing" like I have to be a great judge. :D

Mongo, Since I got me a new pipe to my heart I'm tuning up my dancing boots. Beware boys!

Titus, maybe we can get KCD (Chunk N' Dale) to join in the dance contest and Jackalope too!

Purly, Waimea, You boys got enough experience in that brew judging?

It takes many years "testing" like I have to be a great judge. :D

Red

I got the years but I'm afraid that my experience level is a bit weak.

BUT FEAR NOT as I am ramping up my efforts in that area but "testing" everything in sight. :lol:

What I lack in experience I will make up with enthusiasm. :lol:

Waimea

Red,

I doubt that there will be any Bud Light to judge, but I would welcome you as a fellow brew judge.

I HATE BUD LITE.

(need a puke face icon here)

That should qualify me right there.

Waimea

Red

I got the years but I'm afraid that my experience level is a bit weak.

BUT FEAR NOT as I am ramping up my efforts in that area but "testing" everything in sight. :lol:

Waimea

Waimea

I like your enthusiasm Waimea!

Red,

I doubt that there will be any Bud Light to judge, but I would welcome you as a fellow brew judge.

Mongo, You know me well enough to know I've "tested" some of the best!

Have all the judges I need right now. And I won't tell who the other judges are. I can only say that they are females. You know, to keep you guys straight!

I am wiling to offer my services as a qualified observer for Desert Wars, Appetizer Wars, Home Brew Wars,

or any other wars that might break out. I am highly experienced, and am able to laugh on cue.

Harley.

Have all the judges I need right now. And I won't tell who the other judges are. I can only say that they are females. You know, to keep you guys straight!

Oh no! TOP SECRET FEMALE JUDGES

This can only mean trouble. :lol:

Waimea

Shaddai speaks with wisdom!!

Waimea,

I totally concur with your opinion of Bud Light; life is too short to drink cheap beer. "Lady judges" bring a whole new aspect to beer judging. Some of the lighter wheat beers might actually have a chance in the competition.

I've already been thinking about judging criteria. Things like extra points for high gravity beverages comes to mind.

If the beverages are judged on Saturday night, most of the judges ain't likely to be sober enough to make a selection!!! :rolleyes::o:lol::lol:

I guarantee that these lady judges are not lightweights when it comes to holding their own, in any competition! I prefer dark ales myself!

I ain't much of a drinker. I promised my mom that I wouldn't drink any more. I immediately promised myself that I wouldn't drink any less!!

I don't drink much anymore!! I bought a funnel!!!

I really don't drink much. Black Gold is where I jump the reservation!! Ya' can't be a choir boy all the time!! :rolleyes:B):lol::lol:

I must have missed sumpting? Isn't the name of this thread "Dessert Wars"? Well, I guess it works if you are the kind of Cowpoke and Pokette that drinks their dessert! :P

I suppose you've never had one of Complicated Lady's 'Chocolate Cake Shots' then. Best of both worlds. A 'drink' that you'll swear is the best 'dessert' you've ever tasted! :wub:

Archived