SASS Wire Forum

Dessert Wars at Black Gold!

ironmaiden

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TN T,

We are looking forward to this after hearing so much about it. Schwaby loves stuffed peppers so he will make sure you personally get some Maxwell (Geico pig) wrapped Bambi in exchange for a stuffed pepper!

Right now I am doing the happy dance cuz we didn't get even a flake of snow from snowmageddon! :))) He however is bummed that the snowmobile still hasn't been able to be used. Sux to be him. How many more days til Black Gold....

Well we have made it though the 16" snow with little effect on the range. Can't say that for Mom & Dad's carport, with car and truck both inside.

I'm glade to Miss Maiden is getting her judges whipped into shape. Lord knows they will need it.

How about predictions on winners in each category, desert, appetizers, and grill master?

Going to be a good'n !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mrs. Maiden,

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!! Who do I get to smack. Where I come and where I live a "smack" is a kiss on the cheek. If the smack is for you, let 'er roll, however, if it is for Whiskey.....uh?.....uh?....let me talk to Titus? :P

KCD

DANG! I step away from here for a couple'a days and thangs went to Helen A. Handbasket(wouldn't that be a great alias!) Judge, it sounds like we almost got disbarred from our 'honorable' positions. But, as one would expect from cowboys'n'girls, cooler heads prevailed and it appears an amicable compromise has been reached!

KCD, as far as this "smacking" business is concerned....sounds to me like this competition might just be growin to a whole new level from years past, what with the addition of snacks and brews to the Dessert Wars. Maybe time to consider a new name...how bout the HILLBILLY SNACKDOWN SMACKDOWN :P

Hey, I'm always good for a smack or two! Thank you Drover for volunteering to be a snack judge.

Now when Renegade and Schwaby get , y'all are gonna have to help me make sure that they have the time of their lives. Need to show em how hillbillies roll!

Please don't just make plain ole cupcakes. Put something extra in them!

Remember all judging is on: taste, creativity, and appearance! So"git er done"

Hey, I'm always good for a smack or two! Thank you Drover for volunteering to be a snack judge.

Now when Renegade and Schwaby get , y'all are gonna have to help me make sure that they have the time of their lives. Need to show em how hillbillies roll!

Please don't just make plain ole cupcakes. Put something extra in them!

Remember all judging is on: taste, creativity, and appearance! So"git er done"

Now I'm insulted!! Have you ever known me to make anything "plain ole" or Ordinary??? :angry::angry::lol::lol::lol:

Mr. Mongo, I'd be plum thrilled iffin youd help judge the brew category. Don't know what folks will enter but glad to have ya.

Any body heard from Mose???

Heard Mose and Bella is supposed to be there. Ok, anything legal in the state of Ky. Ooh, I bet moonshine might be pretty good!

Are you narrowing it to brewers or are distillers included???

DANG! I step away from here for a couple'a days and thangs went to Helen A. Handbasket(wouldn't that be a great alias!)

I gotta agree with this. I turned my back for a minute or two and NO CUPCAKES FOR WAIMEA. :o

Now plotting my revenge. :lol:

Judge, it sounds like we almost got disbarred from our 'honorable' positions. But, as one would expect from cowboys'n'girls, cooler heads prevailed and it appears an amicable compromise has been reached!

KCD, as far as this "smacking" business is concerned....sounds to me like this competition might just be growin to a whole new level from years past, what with the addition of snacks and brews to the Dessert Wars. Maybe time to consider a new name...how bout the HILLBILLY SNACKDOWN SMACKDOWN :P

Maiden, I would be happy to Judge in any contest you need a Judge fer.

The Brew judge sounds particularly tasty as long as I don't have to spit it out.

That is considered Alcohol Abuse in my house. :P:lol:

Waimea

I'm liking that lady's alias!!

I'm liking that lady's alias!!

Fannie Kicker had that as one of her alias choices when we started in this game. She waffled back and forth between it and the one she settled on. I liked em both, but think she made a good choice.

Sounds like a good time to bring my Brew out. I've been letting it age since Jake Graduated. Limited supply, judges just get a sip. Grouch, Whiskey, Joe, and T bone can have a drink.

Waimea, consider yourself a brew judge. Thank you very much, I know that all this judging is hard work.

Thank you, Ironmaiden!

Hard is not the word.

I think TREACHEROUS sums it up nicely.

Thinking that CHOOSING the judges is harder than any judging job.

Did you declare TN Mongo as a Brew Judge? Or is he a Brew competitor?

I will be happy to judge all of the brews myself as long as the amount of brews are not reduced in any way.

Sounds like a good time to bring my Brew out. I've been letting it age since Jake Graduated. Limited supply, judges just get a sip. Grouch, Whiskey, Joe, and T bone can have a drink.

Shaddai, I have never seen Creek drink anything but Crown. :P

In the spirits of fair judging I will be happy to drink his share. :lol:

Waimea

:FlagAm:

Shaddai is looking for people with little or no taste from the list he put up.

Sorry Judge, wasn't sure if you would be throwing them down yet. You may add yourself to the list. Tombstone you were left off because I remember you making all those sissy drinks. Didn't think you could handle the BIG BOY DRINKS. :D:lol::lol: :lol:

The ladies love my "sissy drinks" and the guys love my gas powered blinder. You don't see me drinking them but I do like to make them. I prefer a good whiskey over ice but have been know to drink about anything placed in front of me from time to time.

IM, if this were a few years back, I would have had some entries for the Brew Contest. I dabbled in the home brew world for several years. However, with the demands of work, CAS, and everything else in life, as well as the vast variety of beers on the shelf in nearly every store in Missouri, I decided to give it up. One of the guys I work with inherited a great deal of my brewing equipment and has gone on to great success. I'm not a fan of the fruity beers. I favor the darker, heavier style beers. And one of the beers my co-worker brews contains an ingredient that was, at last years Black Gold, deemed the official vegetable of Kentucky....chocolate. It also has peanut butter in it. Yeah, I know....sounds, uh, I don't know...different? :wacko: Never say never til ya try something. One of the better beers I've tried as of late. Oh, and he calls it...Chocolate Covered Beaver Nuts! ^_^

Purly,

You need to come and "practice" with some of us after local shoots to be ready for Black Gold.

Waimea,

I'm happy to have you as a fellow judge. luckily, I'm bringing my own DD in case we have "extended deliberations" in our quest to pick the best brew.

Archived