SASS Wire Forum

Dessert Wars at Black Gold!

ironmaiden

I know that there are many of you out there who are dying to know what this years dessert is gonna be. Well, we are gonna have 3 different cook offs or wars! Yeap, Thursday evening you bar-b-que cowboys and girls, can show us what you got off of the grill. Who is gonna be the GRILL MASTER? Friday evening comes SNACK WARS! Come up with your very best appetizers! And Saturday evening duh, DESSERT WARS! This years dessert category is CUPCAKES! Come up with your most funky, different, delicious cupcakes. Need to enter at least a dozen if they are good. If they are real good then 2 dozen. (Whiskey said that) . Will let y'all what times are later. But until then, Happy baking ah cooking ah grilling, whatever you are into. Don't forget the cowboy yard sale. Be sure to bring all your goodies! Now, most important! I can't stress this enough. Saturday night be putting on your very best hillbilly costume! And last for me but not least, don't forget the hillbilly spelling bee! All of the words are coming out of "The Tom Horn, Leg Horn hillbilly dictionary. Just in case some of you might want to study. Good luck! See y'all soon!

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cupcakes!! We can do cupcakes!!

I know that I've cooked the jambalaya or the spaghetti for supper one night at the match for the last several years. I'm gonna' do something different this year!!

Y'all get your taste buds prepared for a new dish to enjoy!! I ain't tellin' what it is, but I'll wager you will really enjoy it!!

Talked to Blackwater today about what he was gonna cook.

All I can say is y'all better bring your appetite.

I hope that the powers that be will see fit to let the great judges we had last year step up and do it again.

Can't wait till July! First big match with the bionic knee!! YEEEEHAAAAAA

...I hope that the powers that be will see fit to let the great judges we had last year step up and do it again....

I hope so, too! They did an awesome job!

Red River Ray, I have been working on my stuffed peppers for the snack night. How about it, I remember you had some pretty good peppers a few years back. I might not be able to beat you on the range but how about at the grill? I will cook up some pork of some kind for one night too.

Mrs. Maiden,

I was a wondering.......how does one become a Judge? If you need someone to help out judging this here dessert contest, I am making myself available.......please, please, please!

Thank You!, Kind Mam!

KCD

Mrs. Maiden,

I was a wondering.......how does one become a Judge? If you need someone to help out judging this here dessert contest, I am making myself available.......please, please, please!

Thank You!, Kind Mam!

KCD

Hey Drover, it's easy...just ask Waimea. All he did last year was hang around the dessert table, and when one of the judges (I wouldn't have any idea who that was :blush:) forgot to show up, he just cowboy'd up and offered his services! Now I don't know that you can count on one of the judges making that same mistake this year. So on the off chance that they would all show up as scheduled, you might just hafta take matters into your own hands. If you remember last years thread regarding this very Dessert War, you might recall the discussions of the power of a certain libation that might be available on site at this particular shoot. And should one provide said libation to a designated judge at the appropriate time, why that judge might just not be in any condition to perform his duty as requested, and you could just swoop right in and save the day! Remember, what happens in Kentucky stays in Kentucky! :P

... let the great judges we had last year step up and do it again.

Can't wait till July! First big match with the bionic knee!! YEEEEHAAAAAA

YES

I hope so, too! They did an awesome job!

It's difficult to disagree with this man so I won't. :lol:

My hat's off to 'em, especially Waimea, who stepped up when somebody :rolleyes: forgot what time he was supposed to be there for the judgin'

HAHA - The way I remember it was Tombstone hollering my name then asking if I was Diabetic.

If that's steppin' up then I'm up fer it.

Bring on the CUPCAKES and anything else you care to throw at me for judging :lol: .

YEEEEHAAAA for Black Gold!!!

Waimea

Master Titus,

What a great idea! Seeing as I abide in the land of Bourbon, and Black Gold abides in the land of..uh?....uh?....uh?...the land of ANTI-REVUENUERS, I might be able to make a swap. A bit of bourbon for a spot in the Judges line up.

Great idea. Now, I know why you the big bucks!!! :)

KCDE

KCD,

As the Chief Justice over all that is Black Gold Dessert and Food contest I will render a decision on this.

I will allow any amounts of Bourbon, or other alcoholic beverages to be given to myself, or any of my other esteemed Judges prior to the beginning of the contest.

Jackalope, Waimea, Titus and myself are not above being bribed/influenced by anything you want to provide us with. Including but not limited to Alcoholic beverages, Beer and Cash $$$$$.

Please see any of us before the judging begins.

Given under my hand and seal

This day 01/20/16

JUDGE'M ALL DUNCAN

We need to get on ol' RRR and get him back to Black Gold!! THREE CUT!! Get him movin' and aimed this way!!

We all kinda' miss that big ol' grin!!!

KCD,

As the Chief Justice over all that is Black Gold Dessert and Food contest I will render a decision on this.

I will allow any amounts of Bourbon, or other alcoholic beverages to be given to myself, or any of my other esteemed Judges prior to the beginning of the contest.

Jackalope, Waimea, Titus and myself are not above being bribed/influenced by anything you want to provide us with. Including but not limited to Alcoholic beverages, Beer and Cash $$$$$.

Please see any of us before the judging begins.

Given under my hand and seal

This day 01/20/16

JUDGE'M ALL DUNCAN

By Gawd, I do believe an official ruling has just been handed down! And I, being included in this esteemed cast of, of, of, well, I was included....I for one hold this ruling as supreme and binding. The highly regarded JUDGE'M ALL DUNCAN is know for his fair and balanced approach to his administering of verdicts and adjudication. But, as a word of warning, he has at his disposal, should he ever need such a force, the one and only YAZOO CITY GAL. Now I assume that it would rarely come to the point where he would need to resort to such extreme measures. But I have no doubt, should such a need arise, he wouldn't hesitate to have her unleash her brand of OUTLAW JUSTICE! And, while I have no doubt that she would have a plethora of fellow Outlaws to back her play, something tells me she would have no need for backup. I do believe she can hold her own against the likes of any opposition she may face in the hills of Eastern Kentucky!

That being said, don't even think about gettin between me, Judge'm All, Jackalope or Waimea and our sworn duty (translated as eating cupcakes). Unless of course, as has been decreed by the Judge himself, you feel compelled to offer up a suitable bribe....yeah, I'm talkin to you KCD! ;)

See y'all in Kentucky!

Speaking of alcoholic bribery, my daughter bought me a jug of cinnamon roll moonshine for Christmas. Had my VA check up right after Christmas and my A1C was heading north rapidly. Good though.

Good morning to ya Joe! It sounds as if the Black Gold region may soon (if not already) be covered in a thick blanket of WHITE! Well, y'all just hunker down a spell and I'm sure you'll have things thawed and ready come July! Ya might even try scoopin up a shed full of that white stuff and break it out at Black Gold. Man, just think of the mayhem Whiskey Creek could dream up with that for the Hillbilly'lympics! :blink:

HEY NOZ!!! You need to get over here for this one!!

You 'n' Miss Lorrie are personally invited by me 'n' Schoolmarm!!1

I got's the Jameson already bought!!!

Titus,

We do have several OUTLAWS standing by to hand down any punishment we might need.

I'm getting excited and it's still 175 days away, but who's counting.

That gives me enough time to get the rehab done on the bionic knee.

Yep, I'm ready for this.

Besides, I get to hug on Fanny, Sue, Beela, Iron Maiden and Bo, plus as many other ladies that will allow me.

And I get to see the GREAT DANCE OFF between TITUS and OCOEE RED!!!!!!

YEP, I'M EXCITED!!!!!!

Thinking that Judge Em is gonna be kickin' some major butty with the new bionic knees.

We'll see how that helps in the cupcake judging.

Thinking he was pretty good at it w/o the knees last year.

How do you improve on such a leader?

Waimea

I'm danged serious, y'all! You folks that does Facebook need to encourage, entice, cajole, tease, and otherwise embarrass Schoolmarm into shooting this match!!

i have ammo and a place that I can take her to practice, and she'll have more than a month to get ready if she waits 'til school lets out!! She has NO excuse!! The doctors say she is cancer free and can do whatever she wants to do. I have all of her guns in tip top shape. She already has top quality leather and clothes that'll work just fine!!

ALL SHE NEEDS IS A SWIFT KICK TO GET HER GOIN'!!

C'MON Y'ALL!!

Well seeing how we might be having the bribing the judges thing going on, I might need to consider new ones! Hum, I wonder who I could get seeing how I am over this here thang. I think maybe miss Last Kiss, miss Perfecto, and miss Anita Margarita might be better judges on the dessert. now, I think that maybe Drover, Waimea, and Blackwater could judge the appetizers. Now for my esteemed gamey bunch-Judge, Jackaloupe, and Titus, I think y'all need to judge the "Best Homemade Beverage"! How's that sound? Let's make that on Saturday night since the shooting will be over. What say y'all?

WHOA, WHOA, WHOA!!

I know that you are the BOSS of BOSSES, but PLEASE DONT DEMOTE US FROM DESSERT DUTY.!!!!!!!

We live for the few minutes of fame of judging the best desserts on the planet.

It will be fine to add a couple of ladies to the bench, we had the lovely Perfect Vaquero last year.

Our esteemed bench of Judges, Titus, Jackalope and myself have worked tirelessly through the years to develop our fair and impartial tastebuds.

We were ably helped out last year by the traveling circuit Judge Waimea. Who will be travelling through the district again in July.

So it is with hat in hand we ask for your blessing to continue as the Dessert Judges along with the ladies you mentioned.

Thank you in advance.

I'm danged serious, y'all! You folks that does Facebook need to encourage, entice, cajole, tease, and otherwise embarrass Schoolmarm into shooting this match!!

i have ammo and a place that I can take her to practice, and she'll have more than a month to get ready if she waits 'til school lets out!! She has NO excuse!! The doctors say she is cancer free and can do whatever she wants to do. I have all of her guns in tip top shape. She already has top quality leather and clothes that'll work just fine!!

ALL SHE NEEDS IS A SWIFT KICK TO GET HER GOIN'!!

C'MON Y'ALL!!

Be careful, Blackwater. ..

You push too hard she might never come with you again.

And yes, John and I are planning to make the trip to Black Gold.....one of my favorites matches...we are looking forward to seeing you and schoolmarm...

And all of the other fun folks

Be careful, Blackwater. ..

You push too hard she might never come with you again.

And yes, John and I are planning to make the trip to Black Gold.....one of my favorites matches...we are looking forward to seeing you and schoolmarm...

And all of the other fun folks

Glad to hear that we'll be seeing you again!!

I kinda' thought about that when she said she was gonna' start shooting again!! What I think she's worried about is not doing well and being embarrassed! I'm looking for support for her so's she'll forget about being rusty and just go and shoot!!

OK! dessert judges are Judge, Jackaloupe, and Titus. Final! Now who is gonna judge the brew contest? Need different judges. Cant have the same ones judging all contests. Chime in if you want to be brew judge. Same for the appetizers. I need 3 judges for each.

THANK YOU MA'AM! ! THE OTHER JUDGES AND I APPLAUD YOUR DECISION!

We will continue to provide a fair and impartial (wink, wink ) decision on the best dessert at the table.

THANK YOU AGAIN!

Brew, what brew? I have been stewed by brew before.

And if you attend this little shindig, you are very likely to wind up that way again!!! ;):lol::lol:

Mrs Maiden,

Don't be hoodwinked! "Hat in hand"....POOH!....That judge is hiding a derringer under that hat! I know him, and even though I respect him, like him, applaud him on his taste in women and food.....I would say anything to get a "Seat on the Bench".

However, I can hold my horses if I could be a judge for the appetizers. TN Tombstone makes some of the best stuffed peppers on the planet! Had a couple in Alabama a few years back.

Hat in Hand, Mrs. Maiden, I be requesting a Seat on the Bench for Appetizers......please, Please, PLEASE!

KCD :D

Awfully kind words Drover, along with looking forward to seeing my friends from the great (white at this time) North, Schweby and Renegade Roper, I am also hoping to swap a few peppers with Schweby for some of that Bambi wrapped in Babe he is planning on bringing down.

THANK YOU MA'AM! ! THE OTHER JUDGES AND I APPLAUD YOUR DECISION!

We will continue to provide a fair and impartial (wink, wink ) decision on the best dessert at the table.

THANK YOU AGAIN!

THANK YOU, IRON MAIDEN!

We are all over this. Fair and impartial (nudge, nudge, wink, wink) is the motto of the Supreme Court of Desserts!

Jackalope

Archived