SASS Wire Forum

Pet Peeves

If speaking about pregnant - how about "baby bump"? Got to be one of the stupidest terms out there. Started out with "celebrities", but I'm sure it's being used by "normal" people. "Did you notice Susie's baby bump?"

How about the term "baby daddy"? Apparently it is now en vogue to label the father of child born out of wedlock something cute?

How about the term "baby daddy"? Apparently it is now en vogue to label the father of child born out of wedlock something cute?

My father died ten years before my mother did. I got a sympathy card from this gal saying how sorry she was that Mama died, but at least she was now reunited with her "baby daddy".

They were married for 46 years. But he wasn't her husband, he was her "baby daddy". :blink::huh:

Some people are just flippin' morons.

One of my pet peeves is seeing at the end of a game, the winning football team pour a big tub of energy drink on the coach's head.

What ever happened to carrying the coach on their shoulders?

Seems disrespectful to me to douse the coach.

Can you imagine Coach Bear Bryant or Coach Tom Landry having a tub of Gatorade poured on them?

Bear_Bryant.jpg

Tom-Landry-4.jpg

One of my pet peeves is seeing at the end of a game, the winning football team pour a big tub of energy drink on the coach's head.

Can you imagine Coach Bear Bryant or Coach Tom Landry having a tub of Gatorade poured on them?

Bear_Bryant.jpg

Tom-Landry-4.jpg

Those coaches had class.

Bear_Bryant.jpg

Tom-Landry-4.jpg

I can imagine it happening exactly 1 time

My father died ten years before my mother did. I got a sympathy card from this gal saying how sorry she was that Mama died, but at least she was now reunited with her "baby daddy".

They were married for 46 years. But he wasn't her husband, he was her "baby daddy". :blink::huh:

I agree. "Baby daddy" makes me sick.

With regard to today's football culture, it sure ain't the same as when Dick Butkus and Terry Bradshaw were playing!

Pet Peeves is down on page three or four.

I get angry when the sports commentators/talking heads try to compare players or coaches from different eras failing to consider that those of earlier days didn't have the science and chemistry/medicine that is available to today's participants.

Those players from the past were made of much harder stuff and came up much tougher than even the most deprived of todays athletes!! With today's sports medicine and training tables, those past heroes would be unbelievable!!

Most of my peeves involve other drivers. They are doing the most dangerous task that they will perform, and yet it seems okay to be distracted by technology or food, drive a vehicle that needs service or just be unaware of what is going on around them. If they miss a turn, they want everyone to immediate make room for their correction rather than making their correction and affecting as few people as possible.

Humphhh!

Now to better things....

hahahhaa. AHA that's why I didn't find it. I spelled it wrong. Hilarious, sinse speling rong (by me) iz won ov my peavs. :D . I don't care so much about others' spelling unless my name will on the paper.

I get angry when the sports commentators/talking heads try to compare players or coaches from different eras failing to consider that those of earlier days didn't have the science and chemistry/medicine that is available to today's participants.

Those players from the past were made of much harder stuff and came up much tougher than even the most deprived of todays athletes!! With today's sports medicine and training tables, those past heroes would be unbelievable!!

When they do those comparisons, they seem to generally be favorable to the old timers. I think when it comes to records and such, direct comparisons are generally accurate. Because if, for instance, Jim Brown had all the sports science behind him that Emmit Smith did, then so would the people trying to tackle him. Now, comparing 40 times and max bench presses means nothing unless you have an old timer who was a beast and is still holding on to a record.

Biggest pet peeve is

(So whats the call post or you make the call post )

BIG gravel truck on the interstate has TWO signs on the back gate.

You're intrigued as to what the signs read so you try to get close enough (50 ft or closer) to read it...... "STAY BACK 100 FEET".

and the other reads..... "Not responsible for objects falling off truck" .

HAR HAR HAR.....I don't think so.

..........Widder

As a rookie Law Dawg, I did my training and first six years on the midnight shift in the ghetto. After a call with some particularly low of the lowlifes, I privately remarked to my training officer, "If I hear 'baby daddy' one more time I'm going to lose my mind!"

It became a running gag between us, and for the remainder of my training every time someone uttered those words, my training officer would punch me in the arm.

It became worse one night when we were dispatched to a domestic. After separating them, I started interviewing the female half, with my training officer looking over my shoulder. Someone else had the male half. After the female gave me her side of the story, I wanted to clarify a few details. I started asking her a question, "So, your boyfriend --"

She interrupted me, "BOYFRIEND?!?!?!? AW HELL NA HE AIN'T MY BOYFRIEND!!! HE JUS' MY BABY DADDY!!!"

My brother in law was a police officer and one night while he was taking me on a ride along, he made the mistake of telling me the only name he hated for cops was po-po. He didn't mind cops, fuzz, narc, pig or even donut eating ticket machine. But Po-Po made him die a little inside. I never understood why, but through many years of therapy during which I and most of the family constantly referred to the po-po in his presence, he finally got over it. At least we think he did. Heck, he might snap tomorrow for all I know.

Well, I guess they figure that, with a for-certain bleak future staring them in the face, "baby-daddy" beats the heck out of, "The father of my bastard son is Joe Dogbreath."

I can imagine it happening exactly 1 time

And, the players who did it would be on some other team's roster the following season.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know, Marshal. I have never, ever, EVER heard that R pronounced. Every single time I've heard the word, it was pronounced with a Y. Feb-you-wary.

Are you saying that up north they say Feb-ru-ary?

damn typos

They don't say their R's up north they say their "ahs" up north.

I don't know, Marshal. I have never, ever, EVER heard that R pronounced. Every single time I've heard the word, it was pronounced with a Y. Feb-you-wary.

Are you saying that up north they say Feb-ru-ary?

damn typos

February, Library

Archived