SASS Wire Forum

.32 Vaquero with Birdshead grips

Fargo Bill, SASS #4942

Tell me about a .32 Ruger Vaquero with Birdshead gtip. Are they rare. This one is polished with black grips. What do yiu think a good price would be for one pre-owned but looks to be almost unfired.

Ruger made a very small run of .32 Mag/.32-20 VAQUEROS. They all had plow grips. They are fairly scarce and will bring a premium price over a .45 or .357. Ruger has never made the New Vaquero in .32 Mag. Are you talking about a Vaquero or a Single Six?

He probably means the Single Six 32 H&R Magnum. They aren't super rare but not real common either. I paid $1,150 for a consecutive pair for my wife and have another non-consecutive pair for back-up. I think $500-600 is a fair price for one.

I'll have to go buy it to be sure. Didn't examine it real close, but seems to be single-six. Didn't even look at the markings closely, and got to thinking about it later.

I traded an almost new pair of stainless single sixes with birds head grips in 32 H&R Mag for 4 older blued single sixes with adjustable sights same caliber. I did have to have 2 barrels cut to same 4 5/8 in barrels. That was about 10 years or so ago.

Archived