SASS Wire Forum

A Significant Threat in Obama's Latest Executive Action

Colonel Dan, SASS #24025

One glaring threat I see in Obama's latest attack on American freedom is the "expanded" background checks pertaining to "gun dealers". On the surface, many non-thinkers will quickly respond by asking "What's wrong with more in depth background checks to insure potential threats don't get guns?"

The more than obvious danger is the determination as to who is a "gun dealer. Obama has now given that authority to his cronies. In other words, they have the latitude to determine if you selling a gun to your son constitutes a "threatening" gun transaction. You could arbitrarily be classified by the federal government as a "gun dealer" requiring an FFL! And what happens if you don't have an FFL? You're subject to prosecution by an ever expanding, power hungry government.

Bottom line: this is just one more incremental tightening of the noose around our necks that must be nullified.

I'm more than certain what I have seen in this action is only the tip of an ominous iceberg so to speak as such actions are ALWAYS sold as "relatively minor" and based on "common sense." Then once the door is open and America doesn't respond with open revolt, that foundation is used to incrementally expand and impose further, more onerous infringements! Bank on it. As I've written many times in the past, this is just one more example of domination through incrementalism!

I've asked Allegiance, our Deputy Director of Team SASS, to investigate and report on what specific actions the NRA is taking to combat this latest incursion on our freedom. Given his seat on the NRA Board of Directors, I'm sure he will have some insightful reports for us shortly. When he does report, we need to get behind the NRA and support them in every way we can as individuals and as part of larger pro-constitution organizations.

This has always been and remains a long term fight for freedom. Steel your nerve, remain resolute and soldier on...

When a private individual has been convicted of illegal sales for having sold no more than two guns, there is a glaring problem with the definition by BATFE of who is a dealer!!!!!

Here in Massachusetts we have had this law for near 20 years. We can only transact 4 private, face to face, sales in a calendar year. the 5th+ sale must go through an FFL.

All private sales must be done online and the Massachusetts State Police track this info. The sellers and buyers CCW or LTC is recorded with type of gun etc. NRA has not been able to thwart this issue in all this time.

Don't forget, this POS state gave us Affordable Care and many of the incredibly strict gun control measures around the country started here. There are only a handful of handguns that can legally be purchased in MA. No SAA revolvers are legal for sale in MA except for a few Rugers. No Thompson contenders or encores. Most semi auto handguns are not to be sold. Even used handguns must have been registered in the state before 1998 to be grandfathered and available for sale.

Congress specifically defined what constitutes a "Gun Dealer". Our heroic leader has decided to promulgate new "rules because they have are not intelligent enough to do his bidding. :wub:

By now everyone should be familiar with President Obama's latest Executive Actions. I realize it is very easy to become angry and upset at yet another

infringement upon our God-given rights. But we must turn that frustration and anger into a positive action for change.

Just as he did with the immigration Executive Action he issued, As I truly believe that the President through these actions has overreached his constitutional power and the courts will certify that belief in due time.

In the meanwhile, now is the time that we all need to re-double our efforts to take action and get involved.

We need everyone to call, write, email and most importantly, visit the local district office of your federally elected officials to respectfully voice

your opinion.

As you will see and probably know, the "power of the purse" resides with the Congress. With each of the "actions' that require manpower or funding,

Congress must approve the line item or appropriation to do so. Hopefully, we can use this option to "defund" parts of these actions as we wait for the

inevitable lawsuit to be filed and litigated.

Given that 2016 is a "presidential year," we need to make sure that as the candidates from both sides of the aisle, respectfully know our opinions as well.

Make sure that if you attend a caucus or primary event, you ask those running what their feelings are on the matter.

I'll be posting more as we proceed, but always know that you can follow what the NRA's Institute for Legislative Action is doing by checking with our

website at www.nraila.org and for all things NRA, www.nra.org

Hang tough everyone....by working together, we will surely prevail!

As always, should you need a thing......just contact me here and I'll do my best to help.

In Freedom.....

Joe

Archived