SASS Wire Forum

Executive Gun Action Question

Gold Canyon Kid #43974

I just read this about changes coming tomorrow. This is just one item listed. Isn't this already required?

"President Obamas series of executive actions on guns will require background checks for those purchased from dealers even if they're bought online or at gun shows, the White House announced late Monday."

It's all politics. I guess he has the masses convinced all I have to do is order a gun on line and they mail it right to the house....

I just read this about changes coming tomorrow. This is just one item listed. Isn't this already required?

"President Obamas series of executive actions on guns will require background checks for those purchased from dealers even if they're bought online or at gun shows, the White House announced late Monday."

Yes that has always been the case but why let facts stand in the way of hysteria. What I want to see is the new defintion of "seller" or "dealer." The news reports say the Exective Order will require sellers to get FFLs. That's gonna be an awful lot of FFLs. Of course everything is speculation until the order is issued. It's sort of like Obama care, i.e., he has to issue it before we can read what's in there.

How about a "stupid liar"? The definition of a seller that requires an FFL was specifically defined by Congress. One Big Ass Mistake America cannot change Congressional just because he doesn't like it. The lawyers will enjoy that one.

Chances are, whatever executive action that he tries to put into place will end up being stayed by challenges at the supreme court level. by the time they get heard, he will be out of office and the order will be rescinded anyway.

This is the perfect reason why we need the NRA. if you own a firearm, you SHOULD have an NRA membership. you might not agree with everything the NRA does, but the alternative is worse. They know how to fight for gun rights at the level needed to protect our constitutional rights.

There will be several law suits over this. Frankly, this is much ado about nothing.

Nearly fifty years ago the FBI interviewed all of my neighbors and my school teachers because I was assigned to a Pershing missile unit. Now that was alarming to my neighbors who thought I was some sort of a Federal criminal! Since then I have been in a government database. Even more so when I became the approving authority for security clearances. So, I don't worry about it very much.

Now, those idiots who want to tax firearms and components out of existence worry the heck out of me.

One additional thought. Getting a CCW requires a more comprehensive background check then that required for buying a gun.

I have never heard a complaint about it and the local sheriff has turned the CCW business into a tidy little profit center. He supports concealed carry and we support him with a few bucks every five years. Win-win.

Chances are, whatever executive action that he tries to put into place will end up being stayed by challenges at the supreme court level. by the time they get heard, he will be out of office and the order will be rescinded anyway.

This is the perfect reason why we need the NRA. if you own a firearm, you SHOULD have an NRA membership. you might not agree with everything the NRA does, but the alternative is worse. They know how to fight for gun rights at the level needed to protect our constitutional rights.

Well said....totally agree

The only thing he'll get out of it, is a handful more votes from those brain dead liberals.

The POTUS has a unique perspective on what he can and cannot do. Fox news was reporting this morning that, under the new executive act, anyone selling more than 1 firearm at a time would be considered a dealer. The SASS Classified Wire would dry up without the ability to sell a pair of revolvers.

This will affect dealers who go to every gun show and set up 5-8 tables and sell without anFFL. That's really not fair to the FFL dealers that are following the law. I know a lot of the FFL dealers can't stand these guys. This is really no big deal as long as it doesn't go any further. Pa. and some other states already have all private sales have to go through an FFL. The next president, providing it isn't "you know who", can ex-out these executive actions anyway. Let's hope the next POTUS is pro-gun! ;)

In most states, a face to face sale does not require any type of background check....Give money, get gun.....Only when a firearm is transferred across a state line is an FFL on the receiving end required.

If a firearm is sold over the internet (private sale) to someone in the same state, no background check is required. But if it goes across a state line, an FFL must be on the receiving end.

In most cases if you are visiting another state, you can purchase a long gun from an FFL, after a background check, and personally transfer it back to your home state...but you can not purchase a long gun from a private party and transfer it back home.

You can not legally purchase a handgun in another state and personally transfer it back to your home state......In this case the handgun must be shipped to an FFL in your state and the background check be performed there before the handgun is delivered.

Stupid Constitution and Congress must be overridden by the President when they do not do his bidding.

Thank the Heavens we have a leader that knows best and will override the will of the people when they are, in his opinion, wrong! :wub:

Members

8,555 posts

0 warning points

Interests:CAS, History, Ballistics, Space

Posted Today, 10:48 AM on "Are you one?" thread, but repeating it here.

I have a few guns, primarily hunting arms that I haven't shot in 20 years! I'd like to sell them at my local gun show. Colorado law already specifies that ALL gun sales, private or at a gun show MUST have the buyer go through a background check, both NICS and CBI (to check for domestic violence prohibitions within the state). I do NOT sell guns as a business. Under Obama's new executive action, does that mean I have to have an FFL? And how does one get an FFL without a storefront, when one's place of residence is not zoned for a storefront? And what happens when I die or my estate has to sell whatever guns I own? All questions that the "executive action" leave unclear! Does Colorado law, which is restrictive, override Federal laws, if the guns are NOT sold in interstate commerce? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure::angry: :angry: :angry:

One additional thought. Getting a CCW requires a more comprehensive background check then that required for buying a gun.

I have never heard a complaint about it and the local sheriff has turned the CCW business into a tidy little profit center. He supports concealed carry and we support him with a few bucks every five years. Win-win.

Can he come down and work in my county? It's near impossible to get a ccw here

Mudflat said a mouth full! However, with so many uninformed people who see no evil, speak no evil and wouldn't know evil if it stared them in face, Obama is far from being stupid, he is very smart and surrounds himself with smart people who know how to twist a tale. He does what he wants to - when he wants to. The Dem's go along to get along and the Rep's just roll over.

You want to make your opposition known, let's do a 5 or 10 million man and woman march in D.C.

Archived