SASS Wire Forum

Amber Oakley SASS#88493

I signed up but it screwed it up so I called and got it squared away.

Hi Amber, Happy New Year!

I hope you can answer a question about registering for E.O.T.

I'm 71, have shot senior gunfighter but noticed silver senior offered but no category under it.

If I enter silver senior gunfighter, is that a viable category?

Thanks in advance.

Ugly

Does anyone know if the schedule can be found anywhere?

Not posted yet but I would expect Wednesday as side match day with Monday and Tuesday as warm-up days. Thursday, Friday and Saturday would be main match days with Sunday for Top Gun Shoot Offs and awards. I'd make no predictions regarding Wild Bunch match days. I don't have any connections to the SASS Office. This has just been the schedule for several years.

Ed be nice to see you again if you find the schedule let me know I've signed up for fire and ice also so I'll have to deconflict F with than and pace my self. But good new is I'm walking better than I did when I checked out , then Wednesday I had and test parked have way down first row and had to walk to the curb before I could get a wheel chair.i had to stop several times twice I was able to lean against the light and rest and release my strain. Saw surgeon that day . He said leg was healed but looked like it belonged to a 80 year old lady who couldn't walk because of a bad back. I told him he was 30 years off and the sex was wrong but everything else was correct. He up the amount of weight I'm allowed to put on the leg. But I'm doing much better than when I was I. The rehab facility. I can hobble without the crutches in the main room. But if I go up the steps or outside I use crutches in the main room when needed I use a four wheel walker. I hope to be able to actually walk to the line with crutches then either use a cane or do without during the run the crutches to the ult. Then put my gear back in the rugged cart then hook it up to the ranger to the next stage or back to the campground. Hopefully I'll find a Motorhome that fits my goals I'll be in it if not I bein the enclosed trailer that was customized for short term living.

I don't see a senior duelist category which is an official SASS category.

Senior Duelist is on both the on-line application, as well as the printable pdf version.

Tom;

Look at the line that says Cowboy Action Match-Shooting Style Categories.

Next line is Please choose age option First, then Style option.

Next line reads, Open (all ages), Senior (60+), Silver Senior (65+)

Followed by Duelist and Gunfighter categories.

Put an X in the Senior box and an X in the Duelist box and you will be signed up as a Senior Duelist.

Marshal Stone

Hi Amber, Happy New Year!

I hope you can answer a question about registering for E.O.T.

I'm 71, have shot senior gunfighter but noticed silver senior offered but no category under it.

If I enter silver senior gunfighter, is that a viable category?

Thanks in advance.

Ugly

Hi Ugly,

If you would like to shoot in a category that is not listed just note desired category, when you sign up. Men's Categories with less than 7 competitors and Ladies Categories with less than 3 competitors will be eliminated. Shooters in affected categories will be notified and have the option of choosing category or receiving a refund. June 1st Category Deadline. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Marshall,

That may work but why are all of the other categories spelled out and senior duelist is not?

Having created many entry forms in the past, the answer might be as simple as lack of space to list all of the various categories as well as other necessary information on a letter sized page. Could always shrink the font sizes.....but then half of us wouldn't be able to read the text. ;)

Hi Ugly,

If you would like to shoot in a category that is not listed just note desired category, when you sign up. Men's Categories with less than 7 competitors and Ladies Categories with less than 3 competitors will be eliminated. Shooters in affected categories will be notified and have the option of choosing category or receiving a refund. June 1st Category Deadline. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks Amber, that's kind of what I thought, I would choose to be Senior Gunfighter if there is no Elder Statesman category.

See you there!

Archived