SASS Wire Forum

Red Dot in .357

Lead Friend, SASS #53635

I know we can't share load data here on the wire but maybe one of you fine pards with experience in such matters could PM me with a few suggestions. Here's the scenario, I got a new Dillon XL650 set up for .357 and I'm sitting on about twelve pounds of Red Dot. I have consulted the multiple reloading manuals that I posses and have found nothing. I have consulted Uncle Google and have found a bunch of conjecture and maybes and what-ifs and virtually none of it is directly related to loading for Cowboy. If one of you could speak to me on this subject from experience I would appreciate any suggestions you might offer.

Thank you for your consideration.

Thank you Mister Pettifogger, that was much better information than I stumbled across, and it confirmed a few of my suspicions. Still, I'll take whatever information the rest of you got if you have anything else to offer.

And thanks to pards for the PMs.

Best regards,

Certainly Red Dot will work in 38/357 Cowboy Action loads. Many Many CAS shooters use it.

Just about ANY of the faster burning Shotgun powders will work fine in our loads. Red Dot is no exception.

RBK

Sure you can load Red Dot nicely in .38 spl/.357 Cowboy loads! I'll PM you one from the Lyman Cast Bullet Handbook, edition 3 (15 years ago) as they didn't list RD in the 4th edition. But, I've used this with a 125 grain slug, works fine!

Good luck, GJ

Archived