SASS Wire Forum

Prayer Posse Help, Please (Bama Red's Last Ride) - Updated Post 1

Bama Red

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My heart aches for you after reading the news. You have been a friend and a bright spot for me here, and I am sure others as well. I will keep you in my thoughts and meditations.

Looks like you have a lot of prayers coming your way Bama. I've enjoyed your posts for many years here in The Saloon, and I am hoping to enjoy them for many more.

Coming back to this again today, amigo.

Updates as you're able, at your convenience.

Still standin' up on my Prayer Bones for you!

You know, Linn, it's really funny. I'm here in ICU, and I feel pretty dang good. In the two days I've been here they've pulled twenty-seven pounds of fluid off my abdomen. I'll be back down to my fighting weight before too long! How well I do will depend, in a very large part, on how well I behave. It looks like the preliminary rules will be pretty large doses of diuretics twice a day, no more than 1500 ml of fluid (all kinds - water soup, milk, soda, etc.) daily and no more than 2000 mg of sodium/day. When I was in the ER waiting for a room, they gave me a ham sammich on wheat bread, with one packet each of mustard and fat-free mayo. No lettuce, cheese, maters or anything else. The packaging label said the "healthy" sammich had 1468 mg of sodium!!!

Guess I'm gonna have to join Badger in eating tofu and sprouts (yeeccchhhhh!)! :D;):D

You know, Linn, it's really funny. I'm here in ICU, and I feel pretty dang good. In the two days I've been here they've pulled twenty-seven pounds of fluid off my abdomen. I'll be back down to my fighting weight before too long! How well I do will depend, in a very large part, on how well I behave. It looks like the preliminary rules will be pretty large doses of diuretics twice a day, no more than 1500 ml of fluid (all kinds - water soup, milk, soda, etc.) daily and no more than 2000 mg of sodium/day. When I was in the ER waiting for a room, they gave me a ham sammich on wheat bread, with one packet each of mustard and fat-free mayo. No lettuce, cheese, maters or anything else. The packaging label said the "healthy" sammich had 1468 mg of sodium!!!

Guess I'm gonna have to join Badger in eating tofu and sprouts (yeeccchhhhh!)! :D;):D

27 pounds ... that's a shade over THREE GALLON!! :o

(Three gallon tapped out of your belly ... I'm imagining three, one-gallon jugs stuffed into my own Equatorial Bulge ... no wonder it was a-crowdin' yer lungs!)

Many thanks for the report, Pard, especially that first line where you're a-tellin' me how much better you're feelin'!

I'm trying to think of a good smart aleck response to Badger's tofu and bean sprouts diet ... don't believe I can improve on your astute comment!

I feel for you my friend.

On one of my short stays they drew 70 pounds of fluids of me.

One of the things that we have done is cut out the sodium in our diet. That means eating nothing processed and nothing out of a can. Also no soft drinks .

You can do this my old friend.

Praying for you.

27 pounds....why that there is Bertha's weight!! If'n Lickskillet Charlie hear's you been toten 'round his misses he's gonna get sideways wif ya :D :D

All kidding aside pard you will be in our prayers...do what the sawbones said and eat what ya supposed to. You got lots of friends here pulling for ya.

Kajun

Bama,

What a wonderful gathering of Pards coming together and offering support during this time of despair and anxiety. We will stand as one body in prayer for you. Close your eyes, rest your heart and be at peace, you will feel the prayers starting to surround you. Miracles do happen and they work through many people. Explore all your options sir. Peace be with you.

Aye God, Bama Red, It's been one hell 'uv a ride. We have been friends for a long time and my heart is saddened by this news. I know you, you're a fighter and you have had a lot of ups and downs in your life but you somehow overcame the problems. This too will pass. Hang in there and let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

I love you, man. God bless.

Cherokee Charlie

Aye God, Bama Red, It's been one hell 'uv a ride. We have been friends for a long time and my heart is saddened by this news. I know you, you're a fighter and you have had a lot of ups and downs in your life but you somehow overcame the problems. This too will pass. Hang in there and let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Cherokee Charlie

Well said, Sir.

God bless you too Cherokee Charlie.

Bama Red, still sending up prayer for you friend.

Birdgun

Cherokee Charlie

Charlie, I wouldn't trade one minute that I've spent cowboyin' for one day doing anything else! I'm gonna keep on fighting - you know that!

Bama, I've followed you through the knee mess and I'll be thinking of you through this one. You can do it!

Wa'l now the old year just went a-whistlin' past and it's shrinkin' in the Rear View Mirror.

May it take misfortune, grief and loss with it, and especially the several aggravations you've had to put up with!

Happy New Year, pard, know that several cowboys planted the knee of their chaps in the dirt and took their hat in their hand already this mornin' for you, and we ain't about to stop now!

(I'm clear the hell and gone up in the Ohio territory. Was I closer I'd try to smuggle you in a keg of ... oh, wait a minute, fluid restriction, beer is out ... well, a bottle of Old Crud Cutter ... no, wait a minute, fatty liver, scratch that idea ... okay, how about ... no, there's the dietary restrictions ... daggone, Bama, about all I could do would be get us both in trouble!)

That's OK, Linn! I already got myself in trouble today - actually put just a little salt on my fried eggs this morning!

Happy New Year to those on this side o' the sod today and fond remembrances of those scouting the trail ahead.

Guest Hoss Carpenter, SASS Life 7843

Bama, Hang in there Pard. may God give you strength and peace. My prayers are with you tonight.

Cheers and God Bless. Hoss

Archived