SASS Wire Forum

The Ultimate AR

Subdeacon Joe

Howdy,

I don't see any hex keys.....

and where does the bayonet go???

Best

CR

I once bought one and took off a bunch of stuff.

The stuff was quite useful.

And now it looks like the handy little carbine I wanted, too.

Looks like where some are headed. I've seen some come mighty close.

Never saw the wiseness in taking a fine 7 pound rifle and turning it into a 20 pound POS ( a close friend has an AR15 with three-sided rail, a huge combat scope with red dot, etc., a laser pointy-thingy, a bipod, etc)..... but to each his own.

I still love him like a brother, but he seems to have defeated the original purpose of the M-16 platform.

Sad conundrum for me. I work for an AR accessories manufacturer. However, my ARs have so little on them. Whether, it's my match guns or my s@&$ hit the fan rifles, they are stripped bare...

Resist the temptation young Padwan. ;)

The Force is strong with a stripped AR.

Sadly, I occasionally have some newbie show up at one of my 3Gun matches with everything he owns hanging on his AR. Usually wearing a bunch of junk also. I try to resist the temptation to laugh too loud but they always get the message. None of my rifles or the ones the guys take downrange have anything on them not needed for that particular mission.

... I was doing good until Dawg Hair said mud flaps ...
Now I gotta clean the coffee spray off my screen ...

... again ...

I carry one at work, and the only accessory I've added is a light. Identifying my target is rather important, but most of the other things are just stuff to get guys to spend money on. I have shot with electronic sights and I do like them, but good ones are very expensive and I believe wholeheartedly in Murphy's Law. The batteries don't die and the lenses don't crack on my iron sights!!!

But those things look so cool in the movies.........

Can you imagine an M1 with picatinny rails?

OH MY! Perish the thought.

Pard, they're doing just that with the civilian version of the M14, known as the M1A. I believe it's a travesty. My M1A looks like a military rifle, wood stock and all.

Piker. <_<

Overload_zpso28afqsb.jpg

He has not yet begun to accessorize his AR. That's not even an accessory starter kit. :P:o:lol:

That things needs wheels and a trailer hitch.

Glad my good sense and feeling for aesthetics forbids me ever owning something like that. I don't like ugly guns.

Not one of those rifles has a toilet paper holder on it! What kind of a SHTF rifle is it anyways? Oh, wait. Is that the thing he's gripping below the handguard?

Archived