SASS Wire Forum

Ram 1500 Six Cylinder

Evening Pards:

First off, Merry Christmas to all. (none of this happy holidays stuff). Anyway, I had a little dust up with my 09 Ram last week and they tell me that the frame may is bent but possibly fixable, will find out next week. If not fixable the truck will be "totaled". If so, I am looking at one of the new Rams with the V6 engine. Anyone have experience with one of these? I don't pull much of anything, a small trailer at most (not a camper), haul firewood, lumber and so on. I realize that there are many other trucks out there, but I have been a Dodge guy for a long time and don't see any reason to change. I am thankful that I was in the Ram when it happened because my injuries only amounted to a sprained shoulder and some bumps and bruises. To add insult to injury, I was bitten by the body shop owner's Mastiff. I was headed to the ER to get checked out after taking care of business at the body shop. The ER folks were surprised when I showed up as the result of a traffic accident and a dog bite. Talk about adding insult to injury.

Enough rambling. As always, I value your opinions.

Thanks,

Frazee

Sorry about your misfortune, but MERRY CHRISTMAS to you anyway.

Don't know much about Dodge trucks so I am no help there. All I can

add is that Willie Wheelgun had one, but it was a diesel I believe.

He seemed to like it a bunch, but I guess we can't ask him about it now.

My son has an 2014 3/4 ton 6' bed crew cab with a 5.7. I have a 2015 3/4 ton 8' bed crew cab with a 6.4. We have about 20k on each so not a lot of data but they run great. My last pickups were a 2007 ford that blew up around 90k and a 2005 chev that I sold around 100k. The ram is the perfect combination of both. Time will tell how it holds up but for now it's the best truck I've ever owned. Good luck. MW

One of the guys I work with has the V6 diesel. He loves the power and the fuel mileage. He gets over 30 on the road and the 420 ft/lbs of torque is a blast to drive. The only reason I don't have one is because I have the 5.9 Cummins.

A local pard Memphis Raines has one. I went to a shoot with him last winter in Kansas (about 3 hrs one way). I was impressed with the ride.

Not a Dodge but I know a couple of people that are really happy with the Ford V6 eco-whatever.

Evening Pards:

First off, Merry Christmas to all. (none of this happy holidays stuff). Anyway, I had a little dust up with my 09 Ram last week and they tell me that the frame may is bent but possibly fixable, will find out next week. If not fixable the truck will be "totaled". If so, I am looking at one of the new Rams with the V6 engine. Anyone have experience with one of these? I don't pull much of anything, a small trailer at most (not a camper), haul firewood, lumber and so on. I realize that there are many other trucks out there, but I have been a Dodge guy for a long time and don't see any reason to change. I am thankful that I was in the Ram when it happened because my injuries only amounted to a sprained shoulder and some bumps and bruises. To add insult to injury, I was bitten by the body shop owner's Mastiff. I was headed to the ER to get checked out after taking care of business at the body shop. The ER folks were surprised when I showed up as the result of a traffic accident and a dog bite. Talk about adding insult to injury.

Enough rambling. As always, I value your opinions.

Thanks,

Frazee

I have the RAM 2500 with the 5.7 litre motor. It's a great truck, and I really am very pleased with it. If you do not plan to tow large trailers, or heavy weight,

and it mpg matters to you, then the V6 makes great sense. Horse for courses.

As far as RAM trucks go - I think you get the best buy dollar for dollar at any price point. There may be better out there, but you pay a lot more to get it!

SC

My brother in law is a logger in SE OH and he would have nothing but a Dodge truck.

No experience with their V6, but if it's anything like the slant 6 I had in a '67 half ton, you'll have a genuine winner!

Is the body shop going to give you anything to ease your distress from having been chawed upon?

A six pack at least?

My brother in law is a logger in SE OH and he would have nothing but a Dodge truck.

No experience with their V6, but if it's anything like the slant 6 I had in a '67 half ton, you'll have a genuine winner!

Is the body shop going to give you anything to ease your distress from having been chawed upon?

A six pack at least?

I had a 1970 version of your truck and loved it until a woman in a big Ford broke it into

Thanks to Lynn Keller for the sentiment. I hadn't thought of a six pack, not a bad idea. Instead I think my wife is going to try for a free or deeply discounted repair on a little ding in her new Grand Cherokee.

Thanks to everyone for their input. I'm told there is a little bend in the frame so the adjuster wanted the damaged parts removed so they can look at that. I guess I find out the results on Monday.

I had a 1970 version of your truck and loved it until a woman in a big Ford broke it into

OWW! That had to be quite an impact!

You're obviously alive and breathin', were you on board when things went bad?

Archived