SASS Wire Forum

Birthday on Christmas?

Dead_Head

My 65th birthday is coming up on Christmas Day. Anyone else share Christmas as their birthday?

And ... my sister was born on Easter.

My daughter in law was born on February 29th.

My mom was born on Christmas Eve, her name was Virgilia.

She passed away in 1996 and Christmas has not been the same for our family ever since.

Two of my kids were born 5 years apart on Dec 27th. Always worked to keep the Christmas and the two birthday events separate.

CR

Closest I can come is March 15th..... the ides of March..... back when that was the day taxes were due.

Dad reckoned the country wasn't up to three terrible things celebrated (?) on the same day so they bumped the taxes to April 15th.

I was two days premature which kept me from being named Timothy or Patrick (thank God).

Happy birthday

Our second son was born on Christmas day. We used to celebrate early so he wouldn't miss out on gifts when he was younger. Some think one big gift is better than quantity, but not when you are younger.

Myself was born on Dec. 29 1941. Still remember getting Christmas gifts from relatives with tags that had "And Happy birthday" scrawled on the bottom. My oldest son, O'Meara II, was born on Dec 30 1964. His son, O'Meara III Was born on Dec 28. 3 of us have the same name and nearly the same birthdays. We belong to a group called the December no-birthday club. I tried moving my birthday to August but it never caught on.

The O'Meara Himself.

Count me in as a Christmas born Cowboy, I'm with the rest of you I don't think I or anyone else I know ever had a party.I would get one skate for Xmas and one for my B-day and same with bow and arrow.I must have been a little slow cause at about 10 I figured

out something's not right here.Being borned on Chistmas ain't for sissys. Happy Birthday to all you December cowboy and cowgirls out there.

My birthday is on July 4th. I often get comment like "firecracker baby". One evening we were out with two other couples. The women, including Mary, were the common link. Long story short, turned out, all three of us men were born on 4th of July, different years. Odd but true.

A family in our neighborhood had a passel of kids. One guy my age had a sister next older and next younger born on Christmas day. What's the odds of that happening?

If folks randomly "initiated the child bearing process," odds would be real small. If "it" happens about the same date each year, odds would get much better. The important question, "When was their Dad's birthday?" :lol:

BTW - is this the saloon? Can I get a drink, then?

Mom and Dad were married November 18, 1945. Dad was still in the Navy and his name came up for watch on Christmas day, 1945. Dad's buddy, George, said, "Ben, I'll pull your watch, you get off this ship and spend Christmas with your wife." Several years later, I personally thanked George for pulling Dad's watch. I was born Sep 27, 1946. ^_^

My mother was born on December 26.

We used to have Christmas dinner at our house with as much of the family as possible that lived here (most are still in either Ireland or England). We'd have a huge dinner about 6 pm, no dessert was ever served, and then play an Irish card game called "25" while listening to "Irish" Christmas carols (Clancy Brothers singing drinking and rebel songs). At midnight we would have a big chocolate birthday cake and mom would open her birthday presents. We never cheated her out of her birthday...everyone brought her a real birthday present wrapped in birthday wrapping. After that......we'd keep on playing cards and listening to the Clancy Brothers! Usually until the sun came up.

EC

I have one son born on the 25 of December and one was born on the 7th of December (not the same year, so don't start, lol) we always had half birthdays so they could have parties separate from Christmas. . Worked out well. .

mines the day after new years , mostly no-one remembered after all the holiday rushing around , but my BILs is on Christmas - seems his family made a point to remember so it would not be forgotten

Archived