SASS Wire Forum

SASS membership benefit you dint know you had!

Cheyenne Culpepper 32827

Allie, this is what shows for the thread on the main page of the Wire:

SASS membership benefit you dint know you had!

Started by Cheyenne Culpepper 32827, 18 Dec 2015

photo-thumb-17603.gif?_r=1436914415

34 reviews does not show ... only zero views after your post

Accordingly, after the move, the counters for reviews and views is not working

How many reviews and views do you see on your computer for this thread?

JB, chill,,, it's all still here... was only supposed to be informational but some make it political sort of.....

Two points:

First - While Florida will take my $ and issue me a CCW permit, I will be legal to carry in Florida but not in New Mexico the state of my residence. NMex will recognize the Florida CCW only if you are a resident of Florida. Like many states, NMex state law says that your CCW permit is only good if you are a resident of the state that issued it. Utah and Florida are CCW mills because they like the money it brings in. An internet search shows their permits are honored by a majority of states. What that search doesn't show is if that license is good if you don't live the state that issued it.

Second - You get a Florida license with SASS shooting as your qualifications. Then you shoot someone. The prosecuting lawyer looks at your "training" and makes a big deal out of the fact that you are a "cowboy" looking for someone to shoot. The sad truth is the average legal cost for a defensive shooting is $50,000. Having taken a reputable class will go a long way to help you with your legal problems. Your legal problems will be twofold; criminal (was it a legal shooting) and liability (the person you shot or their family will sue you).

L

I have freedom of speech too, but I can't yell fire in a crowded theater!

Actually you can yell fire in a crowded theater, if there is a fire. Just like a a viable self defense shooting prevents prosecution of a felon in possession of a firearm.

What I will never understand is why anyone who values their freedoms would approve of conditions being placed on the exercise of those freedoms. I find this particularly curious when these demands for restrictions comes from gun owners. Our history is rife with examples of "minor" restrictions on freedoms evolving into total abrogation of those freedoms. Anytime you need permission to exercise a freedom, you have lost it. Examples include every gun control act you want to name, Obamacare, the endangered species act, wetland protection laws, and 100,000 others. We are less free today than the colonists were before the revolutionary war. If the founding fathers were around, they would have revolted years ago.

It discourages me to see my pards demanding government control of a critical means of self protection.

Perhaps we should have classes and ask the government if we are allowed before we exercise any of our constitutional rights. As the politicians like Obama, both Clintons, Biden and most of their ilk are pretty sure the average American doesn't make their standards of intelligence or moral behavior.

There is a reason that it says "shall not be infringed" and many of the replies here explain why the politicians feel they have the right to do it anyway.

It's a right. Not a privilege. It's no longer a right if you have to ask permission to do it.

I doubt that anyone here would be ok if you were told you need to take a class and get a permit to write on a blog, talk to your friends, write the local paper's editor's column, get a permit to own your house or have a child.

Why? Because you feel it's your right and the government should keep it's nose out of your rights and yet many of you are more that ok with the government having the final say on when and how you get to have your 2nd amendment right.

You've forgotten what the Bill of Rights is and down graded it to Permitted Privilege at the convenience of the Government. What a dangerous slope you stand on now.

Perhaps we should have classes and ask the government if we are allowed before we exercise any of our constitutional rights. As the politicians like Obama, both Clintons, Biden and most of their ilk are pretty sure the average American doesn't make their standards of intelligence or moral behavior.

There is a reason that it says "shall not be infringed" and many of the replies here explain why the politicians feel they have the right to do it anyway.

It's a right. Not a privilege. It's no longer a right if you have to ask permission to do it.

I doubt that anyone here would be ok if you were told you need to take a class and get a permit to write on a blog, talk to your friends, write the local paper's editor's column, get a permit to own your house or have a child.

Why? Because you feel it's your right and the government should keep it's nose out of your rights and yet many of you are more that ok with the government having the final say on when and how you get to have your 2nd amendment right.

You've forgotten what the Bill of Rights is and down graded it to Permitted Privilege at the convenience of the Government. What a dangerous slope you stand on now.

Well said.

JB, chill,,, it's all still here... was only supposed to be informational but some make it political sort of.....

LOL! Such is the way of the SASS Wire - some things can be turned into a headache - Happy New Year pard :D

GG ~ :FlagAm:

FYI, John Boy thought there was a software bug. He could not see the view and post count.

He was not commenting about the thread content.

The negativity directed at him is unwarranted.

Some folks read into stuff too much.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

I am a NRA Pistol, Rifle & shotgun instructor and RSO. I do not charge for my courses but REQUIRE live fire before signing off even though that's not required for Idaho's basic license. Since I don't charge, I can add whatever I want. :) So, that's my preference :)

Archived