SASS Wire Forum

2016 KANSAS BLACK POWDER CHAMPIONSHIP **UPDATES**

Major Art Tillery

I really don't anticipate a wind strong enough to tip me over!

I hope you are right Toto, but it is Kansas, and it is tornado season...

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The big shoot is gettin' close!

My trigger finger shore is gettin' itchy.

Fouling in rifle...check

fouling in shotgun..check

Fouling in pistols check

I gots to quit shooting in prep for matches. Not I gots to clean again.

I hope you all have a great match and that the weather cooperates! I wish I could join you, maybe next year.

I hope someone takes some pics and videos and posts them for those of us who can't make it.

Grizz

I hope you all have a great match and that the weather cooperates! I wish I could join you, maybe next year.

I hope someone takes some pics and videos and posts them for those of us who can't make it.

Grizz

I'm sure J-Bar will be packing his video cam and posting highlites

I'm sure J-Bar will be packing his video cam and posting highlites

Actually, not planning on being a photographer, just shooting this time. Perhaps another movie maker can take up the challenge.

Actually, not planning on being a photographer, just shooting this time. Perhaps another movie maker can take up the challenge.

I'll have my iPhone. Might take some vids or photos, but not making any promises. Sometimes I get too caught up in the fun to remember to record events.

Enjoying this immensely; Noz, Fingers McGee, Abilene Slim, and I held a communion service after the banquet at our hotel. Sacramental beverages were consumed which should help us focus our efforts on the remaining stages. Major Art Tillery and the whole host club get high marks for hospitality. Challenging targets and sequences make this a very interesting match.

Glad I came!

Enjoying this immensely; Noz, Fingers McGee, Abilene Slim, and I held a communion service after the banquet at our hotel. Sacramental beverages were consumed which should help us focus our efforts on the remaining stages. Major Art Tillery and the whole host club get high marks for hospitality. Challenging targets and sequences make this a very interesting match.

Glad I came!

J-Bar... always a pleasure to see ya!

What a great shoot. Fun was had by all. Stages were awesome. Not really up and close but at a good range. The scenario's were not easy but not overly hard. The food was great and more door prizes then I've seen in a long time for the size of shoot. And some really great awards for all categories, no matter if there was just one person or 10. I say they try as hard as any group to please and make everybody feel like they are important, and they were happy to see you there. I'm happy and excited to say that DeOne and I will be back again next year. Thanks to Butterfield Gulch Gang for an amazing shoot.

Despite my pathetic performance which was equal parts personal equipment and operator failures, this was a fabulous match. Sacramental beverages shared amongst the "choir", Fingers McGee, Noz and J-Bar, helped maintain a balance of The Force known as Frontiersman. I'll be back!

Much thanks and appreciation to Shady Wille Brown, Flint Hills Dawg, Major Art Tillery and all who made this match happen.

Plan to attend next year.

I agree. Fantastic match and very well run with a really fun club. This was the first annual I attended 3 years ago, and the way they treat folks is why I haven't missed one since and why it is my "have to" match every year before I even look at any other matches

Flint Hills Dawg, Shady Willy Brown, Maj Art Tillery and the rest of the staff of Butterfield Gulch put on one great match. My understanding is that the Frontiersman category was the largest category represented. Only right and proper at a BP match. Congratulations to all the category winners,and to everyone that shot the match cause they were winners too.

Last year's match was a great one - this years was even better (didn't even mind the sprinkles)- can't wait to shoot next years match it oughta be a lollapalooza.

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee

It was also nice meeting a lot of you I only knew from the wire

I too enjoyed the match. It's nice to see a small club put forth the effort to hold such a match. My hat is off to them.

Thanks to Shady, Dawg, and Major along with everyone that supported the match through it's set up and promotion as well as the participants. This match just keeps getting better every year.

It was also great to see Frontiersman as the largest category!

It was great to see everyone! We worked hard to bring you a great match, and hope you will all come back again to shoot! The awards this year turned out awesome! And hopefully everybody got to take a few things home with them from our sponsors.

See you all down the Trail,

Major

A big well done to my buddies at Butterfield Gulch. It is an easy drive to the range from I-70. Great dry camping. This was my first trip to the Gulch. It will not be my last. Great effort by the gang.

If you are on the fence like I was about getting into BP shooting, don't go the KS BP State shoot. You'll will have to purchase more guns. Guaranteed.

A big well done to my buddies at Butterfield Gulch. It is an easy drive to the range from I-70. Great dry camping. This was my first trip to the Gulch. It will not be my last. Great effort by the gang.

If you are on the fence like I was about getting into BP shooting, don't go the KS BP State shoot. You'll will have to purchase more guns. Guaranteed.

Great to have you join us Tucker McNeely, glad you had a good time.

The black powder, cap and ball bug bit Tucker about as badly as I ave ever seen.

Welcome to the Dark Side!

I would like to say my family and I also had a great time.

It may have been the best match ever at Butterfield Gulch.

Good job all, certainly looking forward to coming again.

Fort Hays Preacher

(and the Preacher Pack)....

Sister Jack

Mike B Tall

Lollie

Buster Jack

Country Breakfast

This was my first visit to Butterfield Gulch. The facility is very good, the hospitality outstanding - a reflection of the enthusiasm of the folks who run the place. Sandwiched in between their constant motion and attention to details, I had some really good conversations with Dawg, Major, Shady Willie, Buffalo, and a few others. I actually saw Flint Hills Dawg sit down for 10 minutes while we talked - undoubtedly a record for the weekend!

A couple of folks here have asked if it was worth the long drive: Only if you're interested in a fine facility, great banquet food, super awards, and shooting/socializing with a bunch of outstanding folks! I'll be back, Lord willing and the creek doesn't rise (some doubts about that last part Sunday after the shoot - good thing I saw the Flint Hills on the way out; could barely see the road through the rain on the way back home)!

CS

I want to thank everyone that came out to Butterfield to shoot!! Without ya'll it wouldn't happen, we try to put on a good show. Also thank ya'll for the kind and encouraging words!

Flint Hills Dawg

This was my first visit to Butterfield Gulch. The facility is very good, the hospitality outstanding - a reflection of the enthusiasm of the folks who run the place. Sandwiched in between their constant motion and attention to details, I had some really good conversations with Dawg, Major, Shady Willie, Buffalo, and a few others. I actually saw Flint Hills Dawg sit down for 10 minutes while we talked - undoubtedly a record for the weekend!

A couple of folks here have asked if it was worth the long drive: Only if you're interested in a fine facility, great banquet food, super awards, and shooting/socializing with a bunch of outstanding folks! I'll be back, Lord willing and the creek doesn't rise (some doubts about that last part Sunday after the shoot - good thing I saw the Flint Hills on the way out; could barely see the road through the rain on the way back home)!

CS

Count,

It was great having you on Posse 1... watching those cap N Ball revolvers belching smoke and flames! Look forward to shooting with you again!

Major

Another congratulations for a well-run match to the Butterfield Gulch Gang. Those guys put a lot of work into hosting a great match and it paid off. All of their attention to detail and more importantly attention to the shooters made for a wonderful experience. This club has done an excellent job in creating a fantastic location for cowboy action shooting. The stages were fun without being too easy nor too challenging, the awards well designed, the Saturday evening banquet was top-notch, and the hosting club members are all great guys and great shooters. It's fun to hang around with that club. And although I did not choose to camp at the club plenty of folks did and it looks like the absolute thing to do for this match, with ample space for RVs for larger campers and tents alike. Thanks for all of your hard work, guys. Great match! Looking forward to next year very much.

Archived