SASS Wire Forum

2016 KANSAS BLACK POWDER CHAMPIONSHIP **UPDATES**

Major Art Tillery

This is one of those matches that when viewed from a few days past becomes even more attractive.

As has been said above, the food at the banquet ranks right up there with some of the major shoots and outranked many.

The range lunches were well prepared, not cooked beyond recognition, tasty and filling.

The scenarios were well presented and actually made you think a minute or so sometimes.

The targets were nice sized, close enough to hit but far enough that the sights came into play. (I'm still cussing my self for poor shot gun placement on the stage that required pistols staged left rifle and shotgun staged right. Shoot pistols left window, rifle right window pickup shotgun and back up to center door. I could have picked up several seconds if I had thought through the placement of the shotgun) There were some fast stages but none that you could close your eyes and blaze through them. There was enough distance between stages that there was no timer interference noted.

The stages were attractive, novel and sturdy enough to be safe.

Lastly the grounds were level and free of holes to step in.

This is a match designed for shooters. Not speed demons and not precision shooters but just us SASS shooters.

Again a hearty WELL DONE and although that is quite a haul for me, it is certainly on my "for consideration list" for next year.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had the pleasure of meeting Major Art Tillery's little girl, Josie Wales. One of the cutest and sweetest gals I've ever met. She has eyes and ears that remind me of my lab Bess, who passed after 14 years. Josie is a doll. :wub:

What's that command you give her Major -- "posse up"? :)

Josie.JPG

I had the pleasure of meeting Major Art Tillery's little girl, Josie Wales. One of the cutest and sweetest gals I've ever met. She has eyes and ears that remind me of my lab Bess, who passed after 14 years. Josie is a doll. :wub:

What's that command you give her Major -- "posse up"? :)

Josie.JPG

"Stick'em Up"

The black powder, cap and ball bug bit Tucker about as badly as I ave ever seen.

Welcome to the Dark Side!

I have almost everything needed to start shooting the ROAs. The ROAs should be here by early next week. The only thing I don't have yet is the loading press.

I just made out like a bandit at my friendly bee keeper store with some free bees wax sheets and candles.

Just like crack, J-Bar and Noz saw my interest in the ROAs and twisted my rubber arm.

Don't you threaten me with a good time!

"The guys from Missouri remove the cylinder and use a press to set their wads and ball. "

Not all of them. 😜

I got a bag but it was empty. Do you suppose someone stole my horse poop?

Archived