SASS Wire Forum

2016 KANSAS BLACK POWDER CHAMPIONSHIP **UPDATES**

Major Art Tillery

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many shooters do you have so far.

Looks like only 12 signed up so far... But the next couple of months is when we get most of them. Heck even I have not gotten mine in yet..:). So far we got folks from Kansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Nebraska. I know some folks from Colorado, Wyoming, and Arkansas are coming as well. Should be a great turn out when it comes down to it.

It will be shooters choice on powder for side matches. If you wanna shoot smokeless then do it, ifin you wanna shoot BP then do it!!!

The only exception is the long range buffalo bore rifle must be in BP.

How long is the "long range"? I have a trapdoor with original sights so looooong range would be out of the question.

Looks like only 12 signed up so far... But the next couple of months is when we get most of them. Heck even I have not gotten mine in yet.. :). So far we got folks from Kansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Nebraska. I know some folks from Colorado, Wyoming, and Arkansas are coming as well. Should be a great turn out when it comes down to it.

Hope you folks can put up with a shooter from Illinois...mailed my entry yesterday, and signed up for the Frontiersman Posse. Looking forward to meeting several of the folks from here on the Wire, and catching up with those I've already met!

CS

Be good to see you again Count

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee

Hope you folks can put up with a shooter from Illinois...mailed my entry yesterday, and signed up for the Frontiersman Posse. Looking forward to meeting several of the folks from here on the Wire, and catching up with those I've already met!

CS

I am at that delicate age where I don't always remember who I have met!! I don't think we have shot together and I am looking forward to it because I enjoy your posts on the Wire! If we have met before and I have forgotten, please forgive me, but I am still looking forward to it!! :lol:

Major, don't worry about the head count; I love smaller matches where I have a chance to meet all the shooters.

And then maybe forget them!! :lol:

I look forward to seeing you again, Count. I enjoyed meeting and chatting with you at Iowa State last year

Looks like only 12 signed up so far... But the next couple of months is when we get most of them. Heck even I have not gotten mine in yet.. :). So far we got folks from Kansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Nebraska. I know some folks from Colorado, Wyoming, and Arkansas are coming as well. Should be a great turn out when it comes down to it.

Looks like it will be a interstate shoot.

Looks like it will be a interstate shoot.

When there is a group as great as the Butterfield Gulch Gang, it is easy to see how they draw shooters from all over

When there is a group as great as the Butterfield Gulch Gang, it is easy to see how they draw shooters from all over

Thanks Stirrup Trouble, we appreciate the kind words. We sure do try to make it a good match for all! Come on over folks and join us!

I have to relay some information on the night shoot at the Kansas state BP match is not gonna happen this year. Hopefully next year we can make it happen.

Dawg

Oh man I like fire and smoke at night. I bet we still have a good time. Throwing balls of fire and smoke is always a hoot.

I Bet!... Some day I hope to try Frontiersman! I always enjoy watching those that shoot the category.

• 2 weeks later...

Major Art - I'm still a definite maybe... just not sure how the cash is gonna line up just yet. Ol' Stirrup has kept after me to come, which given my short attention span and short memory is a good thing :D

Come on Dave, Be good to see you again.

Come on Dave, Be good to see you again.

We'll see how it works out, I have the time off work penciled in, just with the wife not working I'm not sure how the trip expenses will shake out so far ahead of time. Plus I have to plan to hold back enough gold dust for BaC in September.

Major Art - I'm still a definite maybe... just not sure how the cash is gonna line up just yet. Ol' Stirrup has kept after me to come, which given my short attention span and short memory is a good thing :D

Sure hope you can swing it Grizz!!

Last time I saw Monco shoot, he was shootin' slow guns fast. He's accurate with them cap guns and smooth with the '87. Monco, I've got a big Ole 1860 yer welcome to use if'n you want to complete the gun ensemble for max style points. :D

"Howdy all, just a short note we at Butterfield are going to do an all gun side match on friday. The side match will consist of,,
Main match revolvers
Main match rifle
Main match shotgun
1911 (5 shots)
Derringer
Pocket pistol
Big bore rifle (1 shot @ 46 yards)

The big bore can be single shot or lever, and shooters choice on powder smokeless or BP. The same goes for all side matches shooters choice on powder.
Thanks
Dawg"

Last time I saw Monco shoot, he was shootin' slow guns fast. He's accurate with them cap guns and smooth with the '87. Monco, I've got a big Ole 1860 yer welcome to use if'n you want to complete the gun ensemble for max style points. :D

Awe Thanks Dantankerous.........but now I'm gonna have to try to live up to that compliment! :unsure:

Awe Thanks Dantankerous.........but now I'm gonna have to try to live up to that compliment! :unsure:

I have no doubt you'll be shooting just fine, no matter which category yore shootin' in.

I'm just excited to see exactly what guns and what class yore choosin' fer this match.

:D

Only thing for sure is category, Frontiersman. Hopefully it is the largest category as well! Lets see......the Walkers would be fun.....if I could get them out of my holsters and keep the barrels free of dirt from dragging the ground when not in use. ;)

Looks like you are ahead of last year at this time. Can't wait to see everyone!

Archived