SASS Wire Forum

2016 KANSAS BLACK POWDER CHAMPIONSHIP **UPDATES**

Major Art Tillery

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got my app ready to hit the outgoing mailbox. Requesting the Frontiersman Posse.

Fingers (Show Me MO Smoke) McGee

For all you Frontiersman that want on one posse I will do my best to make it happen. But ifin it doesn't work out that way I hope yall don't hang me for it.

Dawg

Registration sent - Confirmation Received - Hotel reservations made.

Countdown beginning

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee

• 2 weeks later...

Just a side note for those interested. At the Kansas state BP match one of the side matches is gonna be an all gun side match, shooter will use both main match revolvers

main match rifle

main match shotgun

derringer

pocket pistol

big bore rifle

all on one side match

Dawg

Just a side note for those interested. At the Kansas state BP match one of the side matches is gonna be an all gun side match, shooter will use both main match revolvers

main match rifle

main match shotgun

derringer

pocket pistol

big bore rifle

all on one side match

Dawg

That sounds interesting. Will my SS AMT Hardballer w/adj sights and Sharpes 4 barrel .22 derringer qualify? Only thing I don't load BP in is the .22.

Fingers (show Me MO smoke) McGee

main match rifle

main match shotgun

derringer

pocket pistol

big bore rifle

all on one side match

Dawg

Since this will be a side match am I correct in assuming we can use smokeless and BP in any combination?

To be in the black power match . What do I need . Just use bp in my regular pistols or actual bp pistols thanks . Guy just getting the hang of categories

I am not associated with the club, but this will be my third straight trip there. Just use BP in your normal category, and you will be fine if you want to shoot the BP match

To be in the black power match . What do I need . Just use bp in my regular pistols or actual bp pistols thanks . Guy just getting the hang of categories

Just load Black Powder for your pistol, rifle, and shotgun rounds. Or we also offer smokeless too... Just scored different then those shooting for the Black Powder Championship. Any questions let me know.

majorarttillery@gmail.com

Thx Dawg. No hurry, there's still plenty of time till the match.

Since this will be a side match am I correct in assuming we can use smokeless and BP in any combination?

This is how I understand it as well. Sure don't shoot BP in my 1911...all though that would be neat! Will find out for sure and get back with you.

Sure don't shoot BP in my 1911...all though that would be neat!

I shoot BP in mine all the time. No dirtier than Unique, in fact, I think it is easier to clean.

I shoot BP in mine all the time. No dirtier than Unique, in fact, I think it is easier to clean.

Sweet! 2F? I want to try some... Think you could send some load info? My older brother is a "tactical" shooter... Would blow his mind if I challenged him to a shoot out with my 1911 belching flame!

It will be shooters choice on powder for side matches. If you wanna shoot smokeless then do it, ifin you wanna shoot BP then do it!!!

The only exception is the long range buffalo bore rifle must be in BP.

Sweet! 2F? I want to try some... Think you could send some load info? My older brother is a "tactical" shooter... Would blow his mind if I challenged him to a shoot out with my 1911 belching flame!

Loading data on the way.

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke McGee

The only exception is the long range buffalo bore rifle must be in BP.

I have an original 1863 Sharps cavalry carbine that shoots paper cartridges. Ain't bullseye accurate, but it'll hit a man and/or horse at 300 yards with iron sights. What's the proposed distance to target?

I have an original 1863 Sharps cavalry carbine that shoots paper cartridges. Ain't bullseye accurate, but it'll hit a man and/or horse at 300 yards with iron sights. What's the proposed distance to target?

Farthest is Buffalo at 400yds (If your talking about long range shooting)

on the side match i believe the target is 46 yards out

Cool, I think I stand a reasonable chance of hitting that.

It's always a crap shoot with paper cartridges. The breech block snips off the back (powder) end of the cartridge so the charges vary a bit from shot to shot, depending on how far it's rammed into the breech.

Archived