SASS Wire Forum

Youngster - Update

Yusta B.

Just spent a happy hour teaching my 10 yr old grand daughter some of the joys of cowboy shooting. She is a quick learner - only had to tell her the load 1, skip 1, load 4 drill on a ruger once. She was drilling a 12" plate at about 15 yds with the Henry .22 I won at Red Dirt Rampage and doing pretty fair with her mom's .32's at 5 yds. I can see my ammo bill going up already. Don't see how she can shoot with that big a smile on her face. Good times .........

Have a blast. I started shooting with Cody James at 10 and SASS Kicker at 13. We are having a blast. My grandson is 10 and will start with him soon. If there is

anything we can do to help let us know. See you on the range.

Yusta,

'Tis a fine thing to shoot with your kids/grand kids. :)

I used to shoot with my son and when he went away to school he said "it has been a great father-son activity" but we won't be able to do it as much with him off to school.

And, I think one reason the kids do this is just to do something with us -- and that's a good thing. :)

It's also pretty neat when they start to beat you in the game. ;) Kirk James has known about that part for awhile :lol:

I do a lot of dishes in this household. We have to start betting on something else.

Just started my 8 yr old grandson (CaTazTrophy) This year,He's doing real good.Always ready to go shoot on the weekends..

Kinda gets upset when we're not able to go shoot..

Largo

He was fun to be around at Fandango! .... A well mannered little fella with some good stories to boot!

• 1 month later...

Jan 17 we went to Bar 3 for her first match. "Hellfire Hannah" shot 4 of 5 stages clean, including a 12 shotgun target stage - with a bird launcher. She is 10 and shot a Baikal 12 ga., 32 mags & a Henry .22.

Added: Working on the video

Have a blast. I started shooting with Cody James at 10 and SASS Kicker at 13. We are having a blast. My grandson is 10 and will start with him soon. If there is

anything we can do to help let us know. See you on the range.

I had the pleasure of meeting Cody at Piru last year. Nice young man and great shooter!

Archived