SASS Wire Forum

How far do you drive to a monthly

Billy the Avenger

2-1/2 hours west to Pensacola for the Panhandle Cowboys match on the 2nd Sunday

1-1/2 hours east to Tallahassee for the Big Bend Bushwhackers match on the 3rd Saturday (crossing from Central to Eastern time so you have to get up like it's a 2-1/2 hour drive)

45 minutes west to Chipley on the 4th Saturday, but done twice because we set up on Friday & shoot on Saturday

2 hours northeast to Phenix City on the 1st Saturday, 4 or 5 times a year. Oh, another one that crosses from Central to Eastern time so it requires a 5:15 AM departure time.

Every one of them is worth it!

Holler

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My home club is 45 minutes away, my home away from home 25 minutes...always hit those two.. try to hit others, one that's 35 minutes away, another 1 hour 15 minutes..

Local clubs are 15 minutes to 45 minutes away. Other locals are one to four hours, but Paradise Pass is always worth the trip!

CR

An hour even to Paradise Pass. It's an hour and 20 if you speed. :(

Hour and a half to Wolff's Rowdy Rangers in Bristol.

Hour plus to a couple other good clubs.

30 minutes to one club, 45 minutes to the other range - that allows at least 8 matches a month right there.

Not enough time (heavy work schedule) for me to do 1.5+ hour drives for monthlies, even though I've got the chances and desires.

Big matches where vacation gets used - 10 hour drive each way is OK.

Good luck, GJ

At my brother - in -laws urging (West Fargo) he thought I should post the following; I only drive 4 miles one way to the Tombstone Livery. I leave the house at 8:a.m. and I arrive at the range at 7:45 a.m. yes you read it right, :D ​I ​ can shoot 4 matches a month there, although I generally only shoot the 1st Sat (WB) and the 3rd Sat (Los Vaqueros). COOL HUH!!

about 45 minutes to our monthly match (panhandle cowboys) and about 2 hours to Panhandle cattle co in Chipley, Fl. Of course, both are our home clubs so the distance is moot. Shootin', yacking', and socializin' makes the drive... ah heck, who cares about the drive anyway? On the odd chance we have extra ammo, we will venture another 50 minutes to Tallahassee, but the time zone change is a killer!!!!!

I have two clubs (one north, one south) that are 40-50 minute drives.

We only shoot April-November locally, last winter Memphis Rains & I went to a monthly shoot in January at Powder Creek Cowboys in Lenexa Ks. It was 3.5 hrs away. I'm already looking at their calendar and pondering going.

I generally shoot at three different clubs. The first is 1 hr one way, the second is two hr one way, and the third is 3 1/2 hr one way.

Snakebite

1st Sat, Ghost Town Gunslingers, 30 min

2nd Sat, Ft White, 2 hrs

3rd Eustis, 2hrs

4th Sat, Cowford, 1 hr

4th Sunday, Raiders, 1 1/2 hrs

when I get the ich

Tamp area shoots are 4+ hrs away

Scratch

Well, I feel very fortunate living in Knoxville, TN.

1st Sat. = 1-3/4 hr. @ Greene County Regulators

2nd Sat. = 25 min. @ Oak Ridge Outlaws

3rd Sat. = 1-3/4 hr. south @ TN mountain Marauders or 2hr. north @ Ponderosa Pines Posse

4th Sat. = 1-3/4 hr. south @ Ocoee Rangers

5th Sat. = no shooting

Hasta Luego, Keystone

Howdy Ms. Mo,

I guess your loss has been our gain. I have enjoyed shooting with JJ & AM. Several months ago they started a Tuesday mid-month match that has been a lot of fun. Anita designed a mighty fine new website for the Oak Ridge Outlaws. She takes and posts pictures from every match plus updates & adds photos of new members. Jackalope is the new Top Hand (range officer) for the Oak RidgeOutlaws. I think you just need to come for a visit.

Hasta Luego, Keystone

Howdy Ms. Mo,

I guess your loss has been our gain. I have enjoyed shooting with JJ & AM. Several months ago they started a Tuesday mid-month match that has been a lot of fun. Anita designed a mighty fine new website for the Oak Ridge Outlaws. She takes and posts pictures from every match plus updates & adds photos of new members. Jackalope is the new Top Hand (range officer) for the Oak RidgeOutlaws. I think you just need to come for a visit.

Hasta Luego, Keystone

Please send me a link. I love looking at photos. Anita told me about JJ's position at The Oak Ridge Outlaws. It will be fun.

It is on my bucket list to visit them, next time I go to Illinois. Knoxville is only about 6 hours from where I would visit in IL. Then GA, FL, and the Carolinas are so close.

To get back on topic, sorta kinda, I would fly to St. Louis and drive the rest of the way. For a monthly, I would go to the Lakewood Marshals in Rindard, IL, which is about 28 minutes from where I would be staying. ;)

Please send me a link. I love looking at photos. Anita told me about JJ's position at The Oak Ridge Outlaws. It will be fun.

It is on my bucket list to visit them, next time I go to Illinois. Knoxville is only about 6 hours from where I would visit in IL. Then GA, FL, and the Carolinas are so close.

To get back on topic, sorta kinda, I would fly to St. Louis and drive the rest of the way. For a monthly, I would go to the Lakewood Marshals in Rindard, IL, which is about 28 minutes from where I would be staying. ;)

That Jackalope Jasper feller kin shore run them pistols fast....I had the good fortune to shoot with him and Anita Margarita at the TN state match this year, fine folks.

Miss Allie Meaux, if'n you'll just take the short way to St. Louis via Atlanta you'll find that there are 4 clubs within an hour of there, each shooting on a different Saturday....then us Jawja cowboys will have the pleasure of your company. Heck, even if you are going to hell you've got to change planes in Atlanta! ;)

Kajun

IL who would ever shoot in that state

Me me me

Let me know if you come I will drive down to that club, that club is on my list

I have all most hit every club in il

2.5 hrs south then home Saturday 2hr north on Sunday

My club is 10 mins

Then 50 mins

1.5 hr

Several at 2 hr

Then 3 hours and beyond (including getting lost)

Me me me

My club is 10 mins

Then 50 mins

1.5 hr

Several at 2 hr

We still need to get up to your Club.

You have been to ours almost every month!

Me me me

My club is 10 mins

Then 50 mins

1.5 hr

Several at 2 hr

I shot with the Lakewood Marshals in 2010 at Cisne. They had great props and fun scenarios. I had a great time and met so many nice people. It and the US Open were great times for me.

Archived