SASS Wire Forum

How far do you drive to a monthly

Billy the Avenger

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy Cow! Some shooters sure have some long drive times to get to a monthly. With the clubs I haunt the most, Two Rivers Posse is 15 minutes away and Coyote Valley Cowboys is 1 hr 25 minutes away. In fact Im suppose to be there right now but I couldn't get out of bed DAMMIT... <_<

We must shoot together sometimes. Both two rivers posse and coyote valley are about one hour from me. Richmond is about 30 minutes, which I'm planning to go to tomorrow for the end of the year shoot. I just hope it doesn't rain too hard. You should come since you missed cvc today (as did I)

Furtherest match I regularly attend is 90 min or so.

Just drove two hours to have the best Cowboy Christmas lunch with our friends at the Texas Troublemakers. Already have it on the calender for next year.

Home club - 12 miles, 20 minutes each way

Fun club on the front range - 304 miles, 5 1/2 hours each way

Anything in between depends on weather & my mood

Regards

Gateway kid

I'm 3 1/2 from Paradise Pass, 2 1/2 from Westside Renegades and 25 minutes or so from Pineridge Regulators. I get to sleep in when I go to Westside, they are on Central time and I'm on Eastern. Dang work gets in the way and it's tough to make it to Paradise Pass every month now. I always regret it Sunday when I didn't make the trip though! Going to Westside or Paradise Pass is just like going to one of the bigger matches all in one day! I feel fortunate to participate every time.

My home club requires a 7 1/2 mile drive, takes about 10 min, to drive to my other club is about 2 hours and twenty min.drive...

Jabez Cowboy

Between 2 1/2 hours to 7 hours. The longuest is also the most expensive with the motorway fees!

One and a half hours each way to my home club's monthly, and that's just about my limit. Like Driftwood, I have trouble staying alert and awake anymore. If I'm feeling in good shape one of these days, I just might make the two hour drive and shoot with the fine folks at the Wartrace Regulators.

The range we started at was a full 2 hours away. The club moved to a new location that put it about 20 minutes away.

The next two closest ranges are a full 2 hours without stops or delays.

We put in a lot of before and after work at home range so our "door to door" time is about the same.

Closes one to me is 45min away.

Average is 1 1/2 hours each way.

Longest is 3 hours each way.

Shooting with great friends and having fun, PRICELESS

Also if I can con my grandson into coming along it's a bonus.

Dirty Bart :D

1st Sat - 45 min

2nd Sat - 70 min

3rd Sat - 90 min

4th Sat - 10 min

Try to get to 2 more clubs a couple times a year that are 2 hrs. One annual that is 3 hrs. State and regional are both 3 hrs.

20 years older after starting CAS, 2 hours is my limit, one way, at least most of the time. I need my nap after shooting.

When Autumn starts driving you can nap on the way home!! :lol:

4hr round trip

Cowtown 16 miles, Ben Avery 21 miles, Verde Valley 1 1/2 hrs, Wilhoit Prescott 1 1/2 hrs, Rio Salado 1hr. Most others is about 3 hrs give or take.

At Cowtown we shoot there twice a month 1st Sunday and 3rd Saturday.

Not too bad at all and well worth it at the end.

I'm lucky our club shoots shoots Wild bunch first sunday, Cowboy second sunday, and a 22 match on the third sunday. Only 20 min. away. We are now shooting cowboy second saturday, because of one of the other clubs range is closed. And we do what we call Indiana Jones Shoot about 3-4 times a year. We use our cowboy range, but you can shoot any guns as long as you shoot lead.

We also have other clubs 45 Min. to 2 Hrs away.

So life is Good here!

We're pretty lucky here in California's Central Coast area with a few ranges close at hand. I drive 20 minutes to the CVR range, 35 minutes to the PRVC Range, and 2 hrs to 5 Dogs. ..RR

Takes me longer to load the truck than to drive to the nearest range... but... there's no competition, camaraderie, crowds, sign up or fees, limited target selection & no props... ;) So, if I want all that stuff, it's:

101.4 miles to LSFSC & CVV,

44.8 miles to TX TenHorns,

127.8 miles to the Bar-3, &

115.8 to Fort Parker

Some drive farther, some drive less... Always fun and worth it.

1st weekend 120 miles

2nd weekend 320 miles 5 hours ( i do cheat and only go 3 hours the night b4 then 5 hours home

Briggsdale, Colorado Kid and the Wiz put on a match worth the time and expense. I try to go once a month

3rd weekend 2 1/4 hours

4th weekend 20 miles we typically have less than 5 shooters

All the way from my house!

Closest is about 1:15

Another about 2:15

Occasionally 3 hours

My biggest problem is I have to square some things away for work every morning. Takes an hour or so, and I have to use a computer. Sometimes get up at 0400 to make my reports before heading out to shoot.

Archived