SASS Wire Forum

Blackwater 53393

A very MERRY CHRISTMAS to the folks up at Paradise Pass and OVV!!!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bah Humbug!

We both know better than that!! Watch for the mail man!!

Let's keep this going!! It's the best of wishes and it really torques the PC crowd!!

Well, I suppose a Buddhist wishing you a Merry Christmas should do it. So, in case they missed it, Merry Christmas.

Well, I suppose a Buddhist wishing you a Merry Christmas should do it. So, in case they missed it, Merry Christmas.

Peace, joy, and prosperity to you, Doc!!

I'm not familiar with the traditions and special times of your faith, but I wish you well at this time!!

A most cordial and Merry Christmas to all Cowboys and Cowgirls of all faiths, tenets and beliefs (and non-beliefs as well). I hope that your day will be filled with the joy of the season and the company of friends and family. May the bounty of your table overflow, may your team win the game and may Bottles (in an unusual mood of good fellowship and Christmas spirit(s)) nail your tab to the bottom of the pile on the bar in the Saloon (ACS).

And most of all, I wish I am able to post this same Christmas message next year. Merry Christmas, Pards!

Peace, joy, and prosperity to you, Doc!!

I'm not familiar with the traditions and special times of your faith, but I wish you well at this time!!

Thank you, very much. I won't bore you and everyone else with details, but if you are interested, fire off a PM and I can give a bit of insight.

You might call my household "different," "eclectic," or even "confusing." I've come to acknowledge myself as Buddhist over the past few years after a very long time of introspection and thought-meaning decades. Mrs. Doc is probably best described as non-theistic. Not atheistic necessarily-religion simply doesn't play a part in her life. My oldest daughter considers herself a "Philosophical Daoist," which takes a very long time to understand for such a simple concept, and my youngest daughter considers herself a Lutheran.

However, we also celebrate Christmas in our household, and not just for the gifts. I will admit I like a Christmas tree, though. If I am able to make it home from work in time, I will probably take my youngest to the late Christmas Eve services. If everyone will bear with me (AND THE PC CROWD TAKE NOTE) this is part of what I posted last year as to why I celebrate Christmas:

"Simply put, the answer is two-fold. First, Christmas to me is a cultural holiday. That is, it has, up until recently, been a holiday of commonality, where we Americans, coming from many and varied backgrounds, could find something that we could share, that could help us see similarities which bring us closer, rather than divide us, as a vocal few would have it do in this day and age. While we can all say "we are Americans," it is a tradition beyond that label that can help unite us if we so desire. I believe the importance of that is often overlooked.

Second, and, yes, more importantly, is the message of the season. Divinity aside (and I mean no offense in saying that), the message of Jesus is an important one. His message on how we treat one another as people, as brothers, is immensely important. Certain Buddhist sects recognize what is called a "bodhisattva," a person who has reached a stage of enlightenment, but chooses to remain here on earth in order to help others. Some liken Jesus to a bodhisattva, and the reason why can be clearly seen. Jesus was concerned first and foremost with his fellow man. Regardless of our faith, we can learn a lot from him. In that light, I see additional reason to recognize him, his birth, and to contemplate his message for us, of peace on earth.

So, with the above in mind, I sincerely wish all of you a very, Merry Christmas, and wish that you and yours find peace and happiness in the coming year."

Edited by DocWard

I'm torn on how to state this. I would like to wish a Merry Christmas to those who so believe but I would be remiss in not wishing Happy Hanukkah, or whatever you celebrate to those friends as well. I'm not trying to be PC as much as I'm trying to show I support you whatever you believe, or not.

OK I'm going to shut up now before I make a bigger mess of things...

So many friends and family here!!

ANOTHER ROUND OF CHRISTMAS WISHES TO ALL OF YOU FROM ME 'N' SCHOOLMARM!!

Please receive our best wishes in the spirit that we offer them.

Bless you all!!!

I'm torn on how to state this. I would like to wish a Merry Christmas to those who so believe but I would be remiss in not wishing Happy Hanukkah, or whatever you celebrate to those friends as well. I'm not trying to be PC as much as I'm trying to show I support you whatever you believe, or not.

OK I'm going to shut up now before I make a bigger mess of things...

Not seeing how you're making a mess of things with thoughts of support and kindness from the heart.

So many friends and family here!!

ANOTHER ROUND OF CHRISTMAS WISHES TO ALL OF YOU FROM ME 'N' SCHOOLMARM!!

Please receive our best wishes in the spirit that we offer them.

Bless you all!!!

Best wishes for a very Merry Christmas to the two of you, also, and to everyone else as well!

• 11 months later...

Thank you, very much. I won't bore you and everyone else with details, but if you are interested, fire off a PM and I can give a bit of insight.

You might call my household "different," "eclectic," or even "confusing." I've come to acknowledge myself as Buddhist over the past few years after a very long time of introspection and thought-meaning decades. Mrs. Doc is probably best described as non-theistic. Not atheistic necessarily-religion simply doesn't play a part in her life. My oldest daughter considers herself a "Philosophical Daoist," which takes a very long time to understand for such a simple concept, and my youngest daughter considers herself a Lutheran.

However, we also celebrate Christmas in our household, and not just for the gifts. I will admit I like a Christmas tree, though. If I am able to make it home from work in time, I will probably take my youngest to the late Christmas Eve services. If everyone will bear with me (AND THE PC CROWD TAKE NOTE) this is part of what I posted last year as to why I celebrate Christmas:

"Simply put, the answer is two-fold. First, Christmas to me is a cultural holiday. That is, it has, up until recently, been a holiday of commonality, where we Americans, coming from many and varied backgrounds, could find something that we could share, that could help us see similarities which bring us closer, rather than divide us, as a vocal few would have it do in this day and age. While we can all say "we are Americans," it is a tradition beyond that label that can help unite us if we so desire. I believe the importance of that is often overlooked.

Second, and, yes, more importantly, is the message of the season. Divinity aside (and I mean no offense in saying that), the message of Jesus is an important one. His message on how we treat one another as people, as brothers, is immensely important. Certain Buddhist sects recognize what is called a "bodhisattva," a person who has reached a stage of enlightenment, but chooses to remain here on earth in order to help others. Some liken Jesus to a bodhisattva, and the reason why can be clearly seen. Jesus was concerned first and foremost with his fellow man. Regardless of our faith, we can learn a lot from him. In that light, I see additional reason to recognize him, his birth, and to contemplate his message for us, of peace on earth.

So, with the above in mind, I sincerely wish all of you a very, Merry Christmas, and wish that you and yours find peace and happiness in the coming year."

Beautifully stated!

I am so glad to be acquainted with you, even if it is only on a social media forum.

Beautifully stated!

I am so glad to be acquainted with you, even if it is only on a social media forum.

Thank you, again. I feel fortunate to have so many here I consider friends, despite having met so few.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Merry Christmas one and all!!! ...from north Alabama just shy of the TN line....

...and Bottles! ...yes Bottles, Bama Red said drinks for all & on his tab.

A most cordial and Merry Christmas to all Cowboys and Cowgirls of all faiths, tenets and beliefs (and non-beliefs as well). I hope that your day will be filled with the joy of the season and the company of friends and family. May the bounty of your table overflow, may your team win the game and may Bottles (in an unusual mood of good fellowship and Christmas spirit(s)) nail your tab to the bottom of the pile on the bar in the Saloon (ACS).

And most of all, I wish I am able to post this same Christmas message next year. Merry Christmas, Pards!

DAMN!! I MISS MY PARD!!

Merry Christmas one and all!!! ...from north Alabama just shy of the TN line....

...and Bottles! ...yes Bottles, Bama Red said drinks for all & on his tab.

Thanks for the thought. I've just finished my Christmas packages and me 'n' Schoolmarm are headed to the post office again. My buddy, 'Bama is sorely missed today!!!

Thank you, Allie, for bringing this old thread back around!! I'm once again celebrating the health of my lover and of those I hold dear. She's STILL in total remission and now happily retired. We made our trip out west, (sorry we couldn't stop to see all of you) and now we're planning a run through the northeast, (mainly New England) for the spring.

So once again, I offer the greetings of the holidays to all of you!! I sincerely hope that once again you all receive my wishes in the spirit that they are offered. For all of you, in the faith of your choosing, and to your family and friends, these two words are offered from me and mine.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

​Allie!!! Let's make this a seasonal tradition!!! I'd be proud to have you BTT this every year about this time!!

mmmmmmm. Venison.

Merry Christmas from Slim, Tracey, Kaya and Joseph to our SASS family. Thank you one and all for keeping me a little sane through the year. May we get to meet each and every one of you someday.

J. Mark!! You're a sick puppy!! Just for you Happy Chanukah!!!

Is venison Kosher??? :unsure::lol::lol: