SASS Wire Forum

Christmas

irish ike, SASS #43615

With all thats going on I decided this year I am drawing a line in the sand. No more "Happy Holidays".

So far friends,co-workers, neighbors and strangers have had me verbally confront them with "Merry Christmas".

I can report that I have yet to have anyone run away or faint from the lack of diversification sensitivity on my part. Maybe there is somehting to this being your own damnself.

Give her a go my SASS pards.

Ike

I have never in my life used the phrase Happy Holidays. I have also never had a person object to my Merry Christmas.

Been doing that all my life, Ike. Of course, you have to realize that I am the poster boy for being

a Non P C SOB. When I first heard the term, I said it was a crock of C%$p, and I still feel that way.

Christmas has too much meaning for me to let some small minded individual tell me how to celebrate it.

If I recall, I explained my own beliefs and opinions on this subject about this time last year. If anyone would like, I can explain more fully again, but simply put, regardless of my beliefs, I have no problem being wished a Merry Christmas, nor of wishing the same to others.

If I recall, I explained my own beliefs and opinions on this subject about this time last year. If anyone would like, I can explain more fully again, but simply put, regardless of my beliefs, I have no problem being wished a Merry Christmas, nor of wishing the same to others.

Can I get an AMEN!!!

When I want to recognize Dec 25th, I use the term 'Merry Christmas'.

When I want to recognize Thanksgiving, I usually say 'Have a Blessed Thanksgiving'.

When I want to recognize New Years Day, I usually say 'Happy New Years and 'Roll Tide' and 'Go Vols'.

Often times, I will say 'Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays' in the plural recognizing Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years.

THEN, I will ask: "Where's the Pecan Pie"?

..........Widder

I only use the term, "Merry Christmas." I never use the term, "Happy Holidays," Also, I've never experienced anyone taking exception to my "Merry Christmas" good wishes or salutation.

In fact, I've experienced people going out of their way to wish me a "Merry Christmas," or a "Happy Easter," or "Etc."

Archived