SASS Wire Forum

wonder what they are not telling us

They aren't "not telling us" anything. Many sheriffs support the 2A and realize that their constituents do as well.

They are telling you what everyone else isn't. Law enforcement is there to investigate crime and apprehend criminals and protect society as a collective. They have no Constitutional duty to protect the individual from crime.

I mean no offence or disrespect to all the good law enforcement folks out there. I am only pointing out a little know fact. That has been affirmed more than once by the Supreme Court.

Below are just a few examples.

Town of Castle Rock v. Gonzales

Warren v. District of Columbia

Balistreri v. Pacifica Police Department

DeShaney v. Winnebago County

I think its good actually to see this kinda stuff in the media for one. I've already thought this way for the last 5yrs, so its no big shock or change to me. I'am licensed to carry in the state I live in(AZ) and we have whats called a "stand your ground law"....meaning if an attacker is threatening you or others w/ what would be considered "life threatening" actions; you dont have to retreat/flee. You can effectively counter w/ action taken to save the lives of yourself and others......."I have carried a firearm every day of my adult life and Im not gonna change anything about that anytime soon"...I think everyone should fallow the links advise and pack heat/stay safe!

I think its good actually to see this kinda stuff in the media for one. I've already thought this way for the last 5yrs, so its no big shock or change to me. I'am licensed to carry in the state I live in(AZ) and we have whats called a "stand your ground law"....meaning if an attacker is threatening you or others w/ what would be considered "life threatening" actions; you dont have to retreat/flee. You can effectively counter w/ action taken to save the lives of yourself and others......."I have carried a firearm every day of my adult life and Im not gonna change anything about that anytime soon"...I think everyone should fallow the links advise and pack heat/stay safe!

my thoughts also but to see it in print is what really surprised me

Archived