SASS Wire Forum

A well meaning individual actually said Happy Pearl Harbor Day to me.

Sometines I wonder if it's climate change or the educational system that's killing off so many brain cells in this country. :(

:FlagAm:

Yeah, Bob. I got happy Veterans day this year.

I don't have a problem with that. But Happy Memorial Day sets me off though. Saleslady said that to me when I went to buy a bed a couple years ago. I told her it was NOT a happy day for everyone, despite the picnics and discount sales. I think she actually didn't realize it until I made her think. She apologized profusely.

Vintage images of the attack on Pearl Harbor often show the explosion and destruction of the USS Arizona. As a tribute to the 1177 sailors and Marines that lost their lives that day, here are images of USS Arizona as her crew knew, and loved her.

USS_Arizona_BB-39_-_1930s_zpswh7ftl1v.jp
BB-39_ARIZONA9_zps8jfbicrs.jpg
"At the Arizona State Capitol Museum in Phoenix, the ship's 59-piece silver service, Arizona's gift presented at the ship's christening, is on display, including the huge punch bowl decorated with mermaids and saguaros. A bottle of champagne and two crystal wine glasses, donated by Oree Weller, chaplain of the USS Arizona Reunion Association, are also on exhibit. The bottle of champagne will remain curated by that museum until only two survivors remain. When that day comes, the two survivors will pull the champagne's cork and drink a toast to their departed comrades in arms."

Archived