SASS Wire Forum

shooting in California

Hoss

Here we go again! Details VERY confused right now... From L.A. times: Police believe 3 shooters, and they have left the scene! Interestingly, FOX talked with the manager of a business near the scene. He said he heard shots and "retrieved his gun and holstered it" and saw a black SUV, but because of vegetation in the area couldn't get a license plate or description of the driver! Witness reports indicate possible 3 gunmen may have been wearing body armor and masks. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is going on in this world? Wonder if these are "local" terrorists or ????? :angry::angry::angry:

The usual libturds are already calling for more gun control.

I understand that it's pretty rough already to defend oneself in CA. I guess the new norm for selfdefense is to just sit tight and wait to be killed. Don't think that's the way I want to go out.

Am I the only one that is bothered that it took the cops in CO five hours to go into that clinic and get people out?

Signing off before I really get pissed.

I understand that it's pretty rough already to defend oneself in CA. I guess the new norm for selfdefense is to just sit tight and wait to be killed. Don't think that's the way I want to go out.

Am I the only one that is bothered that it took the cops in CO five hours to go into that clinic and get people out?

The situation in Colorado Springs was that the alleged shooter (have to say "alleged" :angry: ) had fired rounds inside the building. A police officer from the University of Colorado Colorado Springs UCCS campus police went to the Planned Parenthood facility, which is a short distance from the campus. He apparently entered the building and was killed! Additional officers from the Colorado Springs PD arrived on the scene and were taken under fire from the suspect, with several being shot and injured as they rolled into the area! Two other citizens were murdered inside the building, apparently in the initial attack. The concern of the police was that there were more people inside the building, and they did not want to attempt to storm the place for fear the shooter would (a) shoot more officers and/or (B) shoot more people inside. The decision was to wait the shooter out, and he eventually surrendered, some five hours later. The sad thing is that the campus officer went in without knowing the exact situation, and was killed. It is easy for us to second guess his decision. People close to him said that he was the type of person who always wanted to help people. The information about the crime, even the type of rifle being used, has been sealed, pending placing of charges. The suspect apparently acted alone. The suspect appeared in court yesterday to be advised of his rights. He will appear next Wednesday to be officially charged and arraigned. Under Colorado Law the DA has 63 days to decide whether to file for the death penalty. (IMHO, this is too long, and undoubtedly, as was the case in the theater shooting, it will drag on for a year or more! This will be further upsetting for the victims and their families. Too bad this isn't the Old West. There are plenty of tall trees and lampposts around, and you can find rope at various places. But this is now, and we are a nation of laws, so we will have to go with the flow!) Meanwhile, San Bernadino...!!!! And with one of the largest law enforcement units in the country, these perps are still at large! :angry::angry: :angry: :angry::angry:

Perhaps you should do a little research, the PP clinic was "hardened" against an exterior attack, it was known locally as the "fortress". Once the threat was inside, the defenses worked against the police. The PP plan was to shelter in place and there are some "safe rooms" inside the facility where several people hid. The police didn't want to shoot into the building feeling it would endanger the people inside. The police had accesses the interior security cameras and as long as the shooter hadn't found the people inside there was time to try other methods. I would like to point out that the first 2 officers on the scene did make entry, one was killed and the other wounded.

No I won't say it

The news said this morning.

The people involved was two guys and a husband and wife.

All Islamic nationality that have been her for several years .

Forty: there is no such place. the name just gives more credibility to a bunch of terrorists.

Knowing what I know about the current government, as soon as I heard on the news last night that an Arabic woman was likely involved I thought:

Let the denial and hiding begin!

ive held my tongue here , but the anti-gun folks certainly have not so ......

we cannot stop crime [as obama wants to call it] or terrorism by imposing new or more strict laws on the general public , its time to admit that criminals and terrorists are the problem , the emphisis needs to focus on the criminals and terrorists as people not inanimate objects like the weapons they use , address the problem not the condiment , get your heads out of the tax checkbooks and into the protection of the country you swore to , it is not an easy job - if it was everyone of us would be in line to do it ,

Last week some nut shot up a Planned Parenthood facility and some fine Christian member of the Colorado legislature said the victims had it coming. This week a bunch of folks at a Christmas party are shot by a postal Jihadist and his wife.

What is going to happen next week. It seems we have a mass shooting (defined as 4 or more people being shot) every day. We have had 355 this year. We need to do something. I don't think pointing fingers at each other is doing any good. Anybody have anything constructive to suggest? God isn't going to fix this. It is up to us.

I don't want to give up my guns but I am sick and tired of people like Representative Winholtz of Colorado saying people who go to a PP facility deserve what they get or people pointing fingers at all Muslims and saying we should put them all in camps. I think we need to start being one country again and get back to the basics of respecting each other. That might not stop all the shootings but it will make it harder for people to feel some sizable group has their back when they pull their triggers.

Looks like a failure of the Obama vetting process, as the woman shooter got a visa via that process. Syrian refugees will use that same exact vetting process.

Seems like it's working just like he wants it to.

The best way to stop these shootings is to have armed citizens who shoot back when something like this happens. One armed citizen can save multiple lives in one of these situations. Carry whenever and wherever you can.

Archived