SASS Wire Forum

public reaction to police shooting and possible consequence

Trigger Mike

I heard on the radio this morning there was a police shoot out in Centennial Park in Atlanta. A bystander who by voice seemed in his late twenties or older complained about how the cops were hiding behind their cars and leaving them exposed to the shooter while they had no cover. It is a complaint I have heard at some of these other public shootings that the cops keep leaving citizens without help. It got me to wondering if it may result in a decrease in supporters of gun control as the public begins to realize the police can not be everywhere nor totally prevent harm from happening.

People are losing responsibility for themselves. When the shooting starts if you don't have a gun take cover! Isnt that just common sense?

Even if you have a gun take cover. But I agree with you. No one seems to have responsibility for themselves anymore. It's always someone else's fault.

People are losing responsibility for themselves. When the shooting starts if you don't have a gun take cover! Isnt that just common sense?

Common sense is less common in modern times.

Loads of twenty-somethings, brought up on video games, are looking for the reset button.

Sad. :(

Waimea

:FlagAm:

I don't recal any of my training or experience that mandated or even suggested that I should be a human shield.

When you have a shooting incident with, let's say, one shooter and 4-5 cops and 50-100 citizens possibly in harm's way there's a chance that the cops are going to be focused on taking out the shooter as quickly as possible.

That said, I understand your point. But I do't think it will change the mindset of the gun control crowd much. They still focus on the "gun violence" rather than the perpetrator of that violence.

Well, at least the cops had enough sense to get behind cover. If the complainer doesn't, well, that's on him.

Archived