SASS Wire Forum

Useful information on private gun sales

Hollifer A. Dollar

Don't 'do' FB.

Each city can have their own laws about this too.

OLG

Don't haf ta! :P

The link is to Gun Buyer's Almanac.

PS Spell check thinks ta is a word. I looked it up and it means "Thank you." How weird is that. :blink:

PPS My virus protection detected an attack from Dictionary.com. :wacko:

I sold a gun on FB in Cowboy Action traders, it's a closed group. I actually sold it to a SASS member in Texas. It was shipped Friday I think. ;)

For the state of California if you buy a firearm using a dealer/FFL, which is required, a recent law requires that hand guns AND long guns require the buyer to present a "Firearm Safety Certificate".

Such is life in California.

That website is affiliated with Bloomberg and his anti-gun followers.

Notice the everytown logo in the bottom right.

Good catch! If it has to do with Bloomberg, it cannot be good for gun ownership.

CB

Don't you have some fence posts to dig? :lol::lol::P

OLG

Maybe so! She's been posting on the GOFWG thread so that must mean something.... :lol:

.....PS Spell check thinks ta is a word. I looked it up and it means "Thank you." How weird is that. :blink:.................

Brit slang.

No fan of Bloomberg but the information on the site that is relevant to my home state appears to be accurate. I'll say also that I didn't see any "loaded" language.

Don't shoot the messenger, says I. Especially when the messenger is one of the most helpful cowboy shooters out there and a staunch supporter of 2nd Amendment rights.

I would never shoot the messenger.

I pointed out the everytown logo because just about everything you do is tracked on the internet. Keeping up with all the sneaky stuff that companies do in the background while you browse the internet is two and a half full time jobs. Pages you visit are used to create targeted adds and popups amongst other things.

Not saying that this is good or bad ( it is actually both) but it is something everyone needs to be aware of but sadly 99.99% are not.

I agree the info didn't look wrong. Best I can figure is that if you are rabidly anti-gun, you might look at that page as proof that gun laws are a confusing mish mash that have too many cracks to slip through. They don't explicitly note that there are a set of minimum federal laws and that in most states, that's all you have to satisfy. At least, I hope it's most states. I'm not really sure what % of states have extra gun buying laws.

Archived