SASS Wire Forum

73 Forend

Boulder Canyon Bob# 32052L

Looking for a forend or forearm for my wife's 73 Winchester, original made around 1915. It's a round barrel if that matters. If you have one or know of where to check I'd appreciate it.

They show up on Ebay from time to time, you could also fit a new replacement, google precision gunstocks, I've used a handful of his products and was always happy.

They show up on Ebay from time to time, you could also fit a new replacement, google precision gunstocks, I've used a handful of his products and was always happy.

+1. Also check Gun Parts, Inc., they have them in stock from time to time. Currently only showing for rifles. Don't know if one for a Uberti will fit. But, they're showing both rifle and carbine versions for the Uberti.

Bob's Gun Shop, Inc. has both '73 stock and forearm listed. Site is down until tomorrow. He is great to deal with from my experience with him.

Ok, check with Homestead Winchester. They show both the round barrel rifle and carbine versions.

Yep, looked at Homestead too, they are Temporarily out of stock. But Thanks again.

Bob's Gun Shop, Inc. has both '73 stock and forearm listed. Site is down until tomorrow. He is great to deal with from my experience with him.

Great, I'll check with them. Where are they?

Bob's Gun Parts, Inc. is located in Royal, AZ. The web site is gun-parts.com but it is down until after the 30th.

+1 on Bob's.

Send him a photo of the buttstock so that he can closely match the look. Winchester made three series of the 1873 over fifty years. The quality and look of the wood changed over time. My 73s have various looking wood grin though they are all walnut.

Do not discard the original wood if you ever intend to sell the rifle.

Archived