SASS Wire Forum

Where has my Post gone?

I posted an item for sale here yesterday, with a picture and when I checked this morning the add had disappeared. So this morning I re-posted the add and it is gone again. Is someone deleting my posts or am I doing something wrong. The item for sale was a new model 73 and I posted pictures from Photo bucket. All went well with the post and it showed up in the classifieds. Now it's gone again! What am I doing wrong, or is someone pulling my add, and not letting me know why?

Happen tome one time, some has said you are a dealer would be my guess, thats what happen to me, I had to prove I was not a dealer, the guy who said I was a dealer was believed to be telling the truth. Contact the moderator, they have hidden your adds. After you show them you are not they will be visable again

Please read the rules at the top of the main Classified page. You are not allowed to sell for someone else.

I did not remove the first post. I did remove the second post.

Allie,

I was not aware of that rule. Thanks for pointing that out to me. If I post it as being for sale from me will that be OK?

Howdy,

News to me and its unfortunate because I know a lot of folks who aren't SASS members

but from time to time get rid of reloading gear and other stuff at very low prices.

Oh well.

Best

CR

I'm OK with it . It was reported several times by other pards to the moderator. I should have read the rules, I just wish whoever reported it would have also notified me (as a courtesy) to let me know what was going on instead of me wondering what was going on.

This is just a bunch of bureaucratic nonsense but it's easier for management to get excited about something like this than it is to make it easier for customers to put pictures with their ads.

It's pretty dang easy to put pictures in ads anyway, lots of place to upload your images and link to them.

I'm OK with it . It was reported several times by other pards to the moderator. I should have read the rules, I just wish whoever reported it would have also notified me (as a courtesy) to let me know what was going on instead of me wondering what was going on.

You Sir, are a polite gentleman.

This is a good rule! You buy a gun from a non-SASS member posted by his "pard." Sale goes south (never understood that phrase, never had troubles with a Southerner, but an Easterner . . . ) he's got your $ and you have nothing. Who do you appeal to to help you? And believe me we have all seen the rare times that a sales on the wire have gone bad. I am more likely to trust a SASS member, who people know and shoot with, selling his own stuff than a "pard" who no-one will ever see again.

L

This is a good rule! You buy a gun from a non-SASS member posted by his "pard." Sale goes south (never understood that phrase, never had troubles with a Southerner, but an Easterner . . . ) he's got your $ and you have nothing. Who do you appeal to to help you? And believe me we have all seen the rare times that a sales on the wire have gone bad. I am more likely to trust a SASS member, who people know and shoot with, selling his own stuff than a "pard" who no-one will ever see again.

L

You are right sir. In this instance, the pard is a SASS member who was having issues with his computer and was unable to post. So I was just trying to help him out, just like any pard would do.

L

Good point! :) But he was selling this for a SASS Member!

Please read the rules at the top of the main Classified page. You are not allowed to sell for someone else.

I did not remove the first post. I did remove the second post.

Just wondering about something with this rule. Let's say one of us passes away, not that unusual lately it seems. The spouse is a non shooter and asks one of the deceased's close Cowboy/SASS member friend to sell his/her guns. Does that rule apply under those circumstances? If so...so much for the "Cowboy way" on SASS's part.

Just for clarification. I was the one that removed the original post. Sorry for no Pm'ing you, but I was out of town and had limited internet access.

One of the reasons so few sales "go south" is that our rules state that you have to be an active SASS Member. The only way to verify that is when you ask to join the SASSWire. Your alias and SASS number is checked by the SASS Office. Therefore we know you are a SASS member. We value the integrity of all SASS Members. Therefore, selling a personal item we have had very few issues. We do not allow "Guests" to sell on the SASSWire for this very reason. Selling for someone else, is a way of by-passing that Guideline. They may or may not be a SASS Member. They buyer has no way of knowing. These guidelines are to prevent problems and for the most part they have worked very successfully.

Pugilist: Sorry you feel that way. It is a guideline for your protection, not SASS. I guess I'm a bureaucrat with too much time on my hands.

Doc

Howdy,

I find there are a lot of things other than guns for sale.

Holsters and reloading gear come to mind.

I think some pards are getting silly with proposed imaginary possibilities.

No straw sales going on here.

Anyone saying such better have evidence in hand.

This is why we cant have any politics on the forum.

People just get a kick out of calling others names.

SASS only sales, fine.

If you are talking felonies then you better have hard evidence.

Best

CR

If this is a "wire saloon" then all forms of drunken ramble should be open for discussion no matter how deep down the rabbit hole they go. Kinda a shame that so much good conversations have to be limited so much because of rules and regulations. I for one wouldnt mind hearing other members points of view on such topics that are warned against(religion, politics, ect) just as long as respect is maintained and no one is overly offensive to another.......Think of how the country was formed and the men who did so under the conditions of that time. What would they have discussed in the saloons of there time amongst eachother? I bet some bold conversations were had to say the least! I believe in rules, but I also believe in my constitutional rights as well(freedom of speech ring a bell?) *** I RESPECT ALL ON GODS EARTH!!***

If this is a "wire saloon" then all forms of drunken ramble should be open for discussion no matter how deep down the rabbit hole they go. Kinda a shame that so much good conversations have to be limited so much because of rules and regulations. I for one wouldnt mind hearing other members points of view on such topics that are warned against(religion, politics, ect) just as long as respect is maintained and no one is overly offensive to another.......Think of how the country was formed and the men who did so under the conditions of that time. What would they have discussed in the saloons of there time amongst eachother? I bet some bold conversations were had to say the least! I believe in rules, but I also believe in my constitutional rights as well(freedom of speech ring a bell?) *** I RESPECT ALL ON GODS EARTH!!***

This is NOT the wire saloon, it's the classified!! Really, I'm not kidding! :lol:

Archived