SASS Wire Forum

Walk in gun safe

Cusz M. Dutch SASS Life 55326

Just finished reading about turning rifle upside down over on the guns safe post. Sure wished I had heard about that a few years back. Right now they are sort of stacked up in the corners.

Anyhow looking for some good ideas/pictures on what others have done for a walk in guns safe. Hate to reinvent the wheel if somebody has a great idea.

Pictures would be ideal...

Tex and Cat had one built into their new house when they moved to NM. They have nice shelves and wall racks in theirs. I have one at the house with a Meilink door and 8" thick reinforced concrete walls and floor, and a heavy steel roof downstairs. Mine is just a 8ft. hexagon room. I just pile stuff up in it. I actually have a lot more stuff stored in the mine than in the buildings.

Probably should consider the information posted regarding who has what where, as regards to security matters. The edit button is at the bottom of each reply.

Tex and Cat had one built into their new house when they moved to NM. They have nice shelves and wall racks in theirs. I have one at the house with a Meilink door and 8" thick reinforced concrete walls and floor, and a heavy steel roof downstairs. Mine is just a 8ft. hexagon room. I just pile stuff up in it. I actually have a lot more stuff stored in the mine than in the buildings.

Just piled up. Ran out of corners so it is time to deal with it. Hand gun and such are on one them steel storage things but not very well organized.

I made a rack for long guns with a 1 x 8. Chalk lined the center, then marked every 3.5 inches and used a 2.25 inch hole saw and cut a hole at every mark. Then cut along the chalk line. I then sanded the cut out, and lined with felt from Wally. Mounted to the wall and put a 1 x 12 on bottom lined with felt. Should have spent some more time and put a nice finish on it, but the guns now have a home.

Just finished reading about turning rifle upside down over on the guns safe post. Sure wished I had heard about that a few years back. Right now they are sort of stacked up in the corners.

Anyhow looking for some good ideas/pictures on what others have done for a walk in guns safe. Hate to reinvent the wheel if somebody has a great idea.

Pictures would be ideal...

The original post is a GREAT QUESTION! Anyone willing to share photos of creative shelving and gun racks in a walk in safe?

Archived