SASS Wire Forum

? Is there anywhere to check serial # on a Ithaca SKB?

Pit Bull Tex

I just bought two 12ga S X S and would like to check the numbers to see what they are.One has some light engraving on it and the other does not have any.

The late Walter Snyder included a listing of Ithaca double guns through 1948 in his book "The Ithaca Gun Company -- from the beginning" but made no reference to the SKB doubles sold under the Ithaca name many years after Ithaca ceased double gun production. I have no idea where you could find the info you seek. Are you sure you have SKB guns and not original Ithacas? -- GIT

They have the stocks just like the SKBs.The older Ithacas had a straight line on the stock where the fit the action I think.I know bad thing for me to do.I think one is a 100 and the other is a 150.

I don't believe the serial numbers identify the models. The model is usually writtern on the barrel. Although since you are asking yours must not have these marks. I have seen a few "SKBs" that had no identifying marks of any kind on them.

These have no marking on the barrels at all.

You might try these folks:

SKB Shotguns located in Omaha, NE 4441 S 134th St
Omaha, NE 68137
(402) 330-4492

I ordered some spare parts from them several years ago.

Good luck.

I will take some pictures when I get home from church.I can't post them but will send them to someone to post.

I just bought two 12ga S X S and would like to check the numbers to see what they are.One has some light engraving on it and the other does not have any.

What are you trying to find out? I have never found anywhere to determine year of manufacture of SKB doubles like 100s, 200s, 280s, etc. I also have never found any correlation between serial numbers and the exact model of the gun. There are a lot of variables on SKBs. Most 100s have a splinter forearm but not 100% for example. Most SKBs have a pistol grip stock but a small number have an English straight like stock. Our family has owned or own about 10 SKBs and have inspected many more.

Archived