SASS Wire Forum

Guard Armory Break-in Solved...with help from idiot

We had a break-in at a local National Guard Armory last week. The initial news reports were fuzzy and lacked details, setting off a bunch of raving talking heads screaming about suspected terrorists now equipped with "military grade weapons".

Now, they caught the one man responsible - in NY. Seems he spent about 6 hours with power tools cutting through the roof of a vault, accessing 10 Sig 9mm pistols and a 4 M-4s. He started about 6:00; the alarm went off at 9:00; he kept at it until after midnight. No response to the alarm, apparently.

Oh, and did I mention that he was wearing a GPS tracking bracelet, placed on him by Court order after he was released pending trial on a child rape charge? That the tracker showed where he was during the entire robbery? That he left his own blood behind at the scene? That he was filmed by surveillance cameras during the break-in? And that the cops traced him to NY because he was still carrying two cellphones, the numbers for which he had provided to the Court when he was previously released?

Sheesh.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2015/11/19/arrest-made-worcester-armory-break/SoaQ6l0hnDmPXDLmmFSk1I/story.html#comments

LL

I figured this would be solved pretty quickly as it required inside knowledge of where and how the guns were stored.

"Two days after James Walker Morales stopped by the Army Reserve Center in Worcester to retrieve copies of his discharge papers, he returned to the facility with a power saw, a pry bar, and several duffle bags, the FBI says."

On the hand though why wasn't the burglar alarm investigated?

"An alarm was triggered at the facility at 9:07 p.m. indicating that a break-in had occurred in the weapons vault. It wasn’t until Sunday at 7:30 a.m. that it was reported by Army personnel. Army Reserve officials declined to comment about the delayed response."

Archived