SASS Wire Forum

TNN Stock Reshaping

Sagerider

I have located a number of comments regarding the reshaping a Cimarron 1878 SXS or TNN with a subject search of the Wire. But, I didn't find a video that a member posted in response to other questions about reshaping the comb and reshaping the wrist area of the TNN stock. The video was really well detailed and covered the entire project from start to finish. If anyone remembers this video and has a link to where it is found, I would surely appreciate the assistance. Thanks in advance. Sagerider

I dislike pistol grips so I remove one from a 20 ga Baikal. Turned out quite nicely. Sold the 20 went to 12 and have had other more important issues so have not worked on it's stock.

Thanks M.T. but the Longshot article was not the one. This video shows the work that was taken to reshape the wrist area and was very well done. I'll keep looking. Sagerider

I've never seen a video on the subject but know what you're trying to do. I have both an older TTN and a newer Cimarron and had to reshape the grip area of the newer one to make if feel right. Out of the box it was very blocky and slab sided compared to the older TTN. A little sandpaper and lot of patience fixed it though.

Thanks, Augustus for your comments. I remember the video this summer after getting my Cimarron and believing some work on the stock was needed. The post author referenced the project of another Cowboy and linked a site for the video. So far, I have been unable to locate it. Hoping someone remembers and notes it here. Sagerider

Thanks, Augustus for your comments. I remember the video this summer after getting my Cimarron and believing some work on the stock was needed. The post author referenced the project of another Cowboy and linked a site for the video. So far, I have been unable to locate it. Hoping someone remembers and notes it here. Sagerider

I remember the video but can't remember the post or find it. Did you reply to the thread at all or can you remember anyone that did?

That is cool! Did you do the work or can one get a Cimarron/TTN from the factory with that stock?

don't know who did Nate's, but no you cannot get one from the factory that way.

Tyrel, I read but did not reply. I was a rather long post with many comments from gents who are one the Wire frequently but not with my memory can I come up with a name. Next comment is that an English grip would seem hard to do with the length and curve of the trigger tang. The tang would definitely need to be straightened. But it does gave a great look. Sage rider

Archived