SASS Wire Forum

66 in 44-40 heads up $575

evil dogooder

Little crow shooting sports just took in a navy arms 24" used but not abused. Lever wrap asking $575. I don't shoot 44-40 or I'd buy it. If interested jims the owner. #320 587 9829

Great price. Glad I already have one in .44 Spl.

Yeah if it hasn't found a home by Monday it may just follow me home. But i really don't need to load a new cartridge

If it was the carbine I would be on it like white on rice. But the rifle version is not legal in NY because of the NYunsafe act.

Please explain, I did not know this.

Maybe because the rifle takes more than 10 rounds??? Just a guess on my part. :unsure:

Please explain, I did not know this.

It is the fact that the magazine will hold more than the allowed 10 rounds. According to the State Police this gun is a "high capacity automatic ammunition feeding device" It is really stupid but according to the NYP it is the law. Now the reality is that the cops have better things to do than to look around for lever guns with 12 rounds in them. But if you were ever stopped for breaking the law they would probably use this law to to pile on the charges in hopes of getting some more to stick you with. This is why it is important to go out and vote and vote for pro Civil Rights (2nd Amendment) politicians. You my think that they just want common sense gun laws when in fact they are nibbling away a little at at time until they get all our guns taken away from us and the hell with the constitution!

It is the fact that the magazine will hold more than the allowed 10 rounds. According to the State Police this gun is a "high capacity automatic ammunition feeding device" It is really stupid but according to the NYP it is the law. Now the reality is that the cops have better things to do than to look around for lever guns with 12 rounds in them. But if you were ever stopped for breaking the law they would probably use this law to to pile on the charges in hopes of getting some more to stick you with. This is why it is important to go out and vote and vote for pro Civil Rights (2nd Amendment) politicians. You my think that they just want common sense gun laws when in fact they are nibbling away a little at at time until they get all our guns taken away from us and the hell with the constitution!

This.

They are not illegal because they are assault weapons. They are illegal because the magazine can hold more than 10 rounds. I know it sounds stupid and it is but according to the NY Police “it’s the law”. When I called them to ask them about it and asked them if they didn’t think this was silly all they would say is “it’s the law”. Obviously he is towing the company line and I don’t blame him, he has a job and a pension to protect. You can call them yourself if you don’t believe me. There number is 518-464-7122.

BTW 22 rim fire rifles are exempt from the law.

Do you know if it is the short carrier version or later production? I would look before getting too excited.

Sorry i don't know enough about them to be able to tell the difference

If it was the carbine I would be on it like white on rice. But the rifle version is not legal in NY because of the NYunsafe act.

The NY Safe Act ONLY APPLIES TO SEMI AUTO FIREARMS!

Lever action, bolt action, single shots, etc., are not affected.

That's a fact, Jack.

Please do not spread rumors, unless you know the facts, first.

Moose

Moose

I suggest that you call the NY Police on Monday to verify what I said. And I know the facts. This is another facet of the UNsafe act. It has nothing to do with weather or not it is a semi auto firearm. Here is the number for the NYP. 518-464-7122.

NCD

From the NY Safe Act website FAQ page.

Assault Weapons

Q: I own a gun that I use for hunting, is it an assault weapon?

A: Most guns that are used for hunting are not assault weapons and are not affected by this law. Typical shotguns and hunting rifles are exempt as the law specifies military style assault weapons by design characteristics. For example, any pump, lever, or bolt action rifle or shotgun cannot be an assault weapon. To confirm that your rifle is not an assault weapon and to see common models and characteristics click here. To confirm that your shotgun is not an assault weapon and to see common models and characteristics click here.

Says any pump, lever, or bolt action rifle or shotguns are exempt, and can not be assault weapons.

I think the officer gave you some bad info.

It is entirely possible that the NY State Police officer that I called gave me the wrong info. But he is the leading spokesman when it comes to guns and the UNsafe act. As I have stated before I have been told that this has nothing to do with assault weapons classification. It is another part of the UNsafe act that deals with magazine capacity. Please save your finger pointing and scolding until you talk to him. I would be very happy if the information he gave me was incorrect and they don’t consider 12 rounds in a tubular magazine under a lever gun prohibited.

Either way I would hope you will post again to either prove me wrong or apologize.

NCD

Brother NCD,

I live in California, so am used to wading through byzantine gun law statutes. I read the NY gun law and SAFE act text. According to those documents the large capacity restrictions apply only to semiautomatic weapons.

Fraternally yours,

Harmonious

Long Beach Lodge #327 F.&.A.M.

Brother NCD,

I live in California, so am used to wading through byzantine gun law statutes. I read the NY gun law and SAFE act text. According to those documents the large capacity restrictions apply only to semiautomatic weapons.

Fraternally yours,

Harmonious

Long Beach Lodge #327 F.&.A.M.

Brother Harmonious

I hope you are correct but this is not what the State Police are telling people.

Apparently you can make your lever gun compliant by installing a plug behind the follower so it will only allow 10 rounds in the magazine.

Bro NCD

Ken-Ton Lodge # 1186 F.&A.M.

Evil Dogooder

Sorry I hijacked your thread. I never expected my one line comment to cause such an uproar. If I had foreseen it I would have started a separate thread on another forum. Maybe after my critics have talked to the State Police this will end. In the mean time anyone can go to this web site and look over the “frequently asked questions”. Under the magazine heading they do not differentiate between semi auto and lever gun magazines.

This my help to settle the issue. http://programs.governor.ny.gov/nysafeact/gun-owners

NCD

Irontree

Thanks for your incite into this matter but the thread has moved to the SASS Wire under the heading of

SOME COWBOY GUNS NOT LEGAL IN NY

You might want to repost your comments there.

http://sassnet.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=244136

NCD

Hey Rye don't you need a back up? :ph34r:

Lefty

Just saw this………No I got 2 -73's, that's enough! :)

Archived