SASS Wire Forum

Weird call.

Dorado

So, I just got a weird call. I don't think it was a scam either. Call was automated and said that a suspect has escaped custody and is in my area. He is armed and dangerous. Don't go outside or answer the door, and call 911 if I see anyone suspicious. He's wearing a dark hoodie.

Ever get a call like this before?

Gonna sit here with my pistol at the ready today.

I think I'll do that. However since the message wasn't asking for anything other than to remain in house I have a feeling that it's real. Gonna double check though.

That MAY be a local Sheriff or Police service called "Reverse 911."

Listen to OLG......call the local Police or Sheriff non-emergency number to find out for sure. Find that number in the "blue pages" in the front of your local telephone book.

Be watchful.

That's a reverse 911 call that the police departments send out to designated neighborhoods if there's an emergency.

I have seen amber alerts like that and when we have a major power outage the local emergency preparedness guy sends out messages about where to get water and shelter. I found him and told him the number he was calling was suffering from the power outage and added my cell phone to the list to be called.

It was real. Got a call just a minute ago saying that they have apprehended the suspect. Fun way to start the day! jeez... <_<

So, they caught the guy. Turns out it was him and his girlfriend. They killed someone in Florida, stole some cars, and ended up here where the police stopped them. The guy ditched the car and ran leaving the girl behind. She was caught while a manhunt was started for him. Police ended up bringing out the dogs. He was caught hiding in a trailer less than a mile down the road from me.

Fun fun.....yeesh.

Archived