SASS Wire Forum

Date Change 2016 Ambush at Cavern Cove

Barkeep Casey

We gotsta shoot through a 1 inch rope.....do I have to bring some 12g slugs for my SKB or my 45-70?

Kajun

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope ya gotta use your main match rifle.

I guess a 45LC with a flat point bullet might cut throw a one inch rope in one shot. If the shooter uses something smaller he might be there a while.

Kajun

If'n that rope is 1", then it's gonna take at least two precise shots with a 45. It'll take at least 3 with a 38. I'll probably need to bring my ammo can.

I guess a 45LC with a flat point bullet might cut throw a one inch rope in one shot. If the shooter uses something smaller he might be there a while.

Kajun

Hehehe all I gotta say is it gonna be a posse effort and it will take more than 2 or three shots.

Ambush 2016

Long Range Match

The match will consist of the following categories:

1. Buffalo Single Shot Rifle (Black Powder)

2. Single Shot Rifle

3. Lever Action Rifle, Pistol Caliber

4. Lever Action Rifle, Rifle Caliber

5. Lever Action Rifle, 22 Caliber

No optical sights allowed in any category. Black powder categories must shoot only black powder, no duplex loads. Each shooter will be timed and Total Time will be used in the event of a tie. Awards will be presented to the top shooter in each category. Time permitting, a shooter may shoot a second time. Original score will be replaced with second score. Re-shoots will be at the discretion of the Match Director. Cowboys and Cowgirls are scored together in all categories.

Single Shot Rifle – 200 yds

The match will consist of 5 rounds for score, single load, shot from the prone or seated position. Cross Sticks may be used. There will be two categories, Black Powder (no Pyrodex, 777, or black powder substitutes including duplex loads) and Smokeless powder. The shooter may have two sighting rounds off the clock. Shooter will load only on command of T.O. Shooting will commence at the beep. Total Time and number of hits will be recorded for each shooter. Action open and show clear before leaving the firing line.

Lever Action, Rifle Caliber – 200 yds

The match will consist of 5 rounds for score, shot from the prone or seated position. Cross Sticks may be used. The shooter will load only on command of T.O. The shooter may have two sighting rounds off the clock. The shooter will load five rounds in the magazine. Shooting will commence at the beep. Total time and number of hits will be recorded for each shooter. Action open and show clear before leaving the firing line.

Lever Action, Revolver Caliber – 100 yds

The match will consist of 5 rounds for score, shot in the standing position. Cross Sticks may not be used. The shooter will load only on command of T. O. The shooter may have two sighting rounds off the clock. The shooter will load five rounds in the magazine. Shooting will commence at the beep. Total time and number of hits will be recorded for each shooter. Action open and show clear before leaving the firing line.

Lever Action rifle, .22 Caliber – 100 yds

The match will consist of five rounds for score, shot in the standing position. Cross Sticks may not be used. The shooter will load only on command of T.O. The shooter may have two sighting rounds off the clock. The shooter will load five rounds in the magazine. Shooting will commence at the beep. Total time and number of hits will be recorded for each shooter. Action open and show clear before leaving the firing line.

Match Start Time is 9:00 a.m. Friday, September 2nd and ends at 4:00 p.m. There will be a lunch break from 12:00 noon to 1:00 p.m.

SASS Side Match rules as described on pages 18 and 19 of the 2016 Shooters Handbook will apply unless otherwise modified here.

Awards will be presented at the Awards Banquet.

ADDENDUM:

Awards for 1st Place:

Buffalo Single Shot Rifle, (Black Powder)

Single Shot Rifle

Lever Action Rifle, Pistol Caliber

Lever Action Rifle, Rifle Caliber

Lever Action Rif le, .22 Caliber

Cross Sticks and shooting mats will be available at the range for use by the contestants.

Archived